Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Louis Dodds.

I'd love to know what "research" you've done.

I've discussed Dodds' situation with Rochdale already and can say no more.

It is extremely unlikely he would ever have joined them permanently but that has nothing to do with football.

You're speaking in riddles.

Why wouldn't they sign him?

Oh. Wait. I think we all know.

I tend to agree in the cirumstances but as of now the door hasn't yet been closed by either party.

So now you agree???!!!

lol you really are a first class clown mate and I wonder if you actually stand inside McDonalds with a bunch of baloons on kids party day??!!

Im off to the gym and when I return, I hope that MM has seen sense and offered Elvis and Dodds, the new Cole and Yorke or Barbatov and Keane, new 7 year deals. I also expect them to be offered the keys to Leicester for there fine work within the City and maybe its about time Elvis in particular picked up an Oscar for his fine acting in persuading RK that he can infact play as striker. Only a Bafta for Dodds though lol

So now you agree???!!!

lol you really are a first class clown mate and I wonder if you actually stand inside McDonalds with a bunch of baloons on kids party day??!!

Im off to the gym and when I return, I hope that MM has seen sense and offered Elvis and Dodds, the new Cole and Yorke or Barbatov and Keane, new 7 year deals. I also expect them to be offered the keys to Leicester for there fine work within the City and maybe its about time Elvis in particular picked up an Oscar for his fine acting in persuading RK that he can infact play as striker. Only a Bafta for Dodds though lol

I agree because you can't make a comeback without an opportunity and he won't get an opportunity without a manager and by then things might have moved on. I also agree because I perhaps know more about the current situation than you appear to.

Thracian, why are you so set on making excuses for Dodds?? Is he your long lost son or something! All i hear, is excuses why this guy hasn't become the star striker you make him out to be! I honestly believe there are enough footballing brains in the game, and not just at Leicester, that would have spotted this guy's talent, if he really did have any! He's not exactly a youngster anymore, and you're telling me that all this time playing for the acadamy and reserves, and he's never been spotted as a potential first team striker??? I think your inability to see when you're wrong could cause you to become a running joke on here!

If he does leave which looks likely, then good luck to the guy, I hope he finds his level, wherever that might be! :thumbup:

Thracian, why are you so set on making excuses for Dodds?? Is he your long lost son or something! All i hear, is excuses why this guy hasn't become the star striker you make him out to be! I honestly believe there are enough footballing brains in the game, and not just at Leicester, that would have spotted this guy's talent, if he really did have any! He's not exactly a youngster anymore, and you're telling me that all this time playing for the acadamy and reserves, and he's never been spotted as a potential first team striker??? I think your inability to see when you're wrong could cause you to become a running joke on here!

If he does leave which looks likely, then good luck to the guy, I hope he finds his level, wherever that might be! :thumbup:

Yeah. Become. That's the word.

You're like the prophet who got delayed by 2 years.

The reality is that, much as you'd prefer it to be that way, I've never suggested he's a "star striker", just better than what we had here this last season.

And, of course other people have spotted him. I even know who they are.

Even now, if you went down to Leicester and seriously suggested Dodds hadn't got talent it is not me who would be the one in danger of being laughed at, it would simply suggest that, like apexgeo, you've never watched him play.

Lots have seen Dodds score goals at a lower level. Professional people have no doubts those goals will continue. What is not known is whether he can adjust to a higher level. And it is not known because nobody has seen him play there.

The reality is that, much as you'd prefer it to be that way, I've never suggested he's a "star striker", just better than what we had here this last season.

And, of course other people have spotted him. I even know who they are.

Even now, if you went down to Leicester and seriously suggested Dodds hadn't got talent it is not me who would be the one in danger of being laughed at, it would simply suggest that, like apexgeo, you've never watched him play.

Lots have seen Dodds score goals at a lower level. Professional people have no doubts those goals will continue. What is not known is whether he can adjust to a higher level. And it is not known because nobody has seen him play there.

Fyatt would walk into any League Two side.

Dodds is not good enough, end of story.

Fyatt would walk into any League Two side.

Dodds is not good enough, end of story.

Unfortunately Fryatt might metaphorically hobble right now into a Division Two side and Dodds would have no trouble at that level.

'I also have reason to believe Rob Kelly regrets that Dodds didn't get an opportunity at Leicester and still believes he can do well. I was mistaken in thinking they might have fallen out.'

'And, of course other people have spotted him. I even know who they are.'

'Lots have seen Dodds score goals at a lower level. Professional people have no doubts those goals will continue.'

'If he can't hack it at Rochdale why have they been so keen to sign him after his loan spell?'

Thracian would you care to share some of this info that you hint at? If you cannot for whatever reason then fair enough, but its pretty frustrating for you to keep using it as part of your arguments.

With regards to Dodds being the best natural finisher and all that.

This is Rob Kelly's opinion right?

Am I the only one who sees a problem with this?

Anyone?

Yes.

The same man who rated Elvis Hammond also rated Louis Dodds.

Who you doing, young Darren?

'I also have reason to believe Rob Kelly regrets that Dodds didn't get an opportunity at Leicester and still believes he can do well. I was mistaken in thinking they might have fallen out.'

'And, of course other people have spotted him. I even know who they are.'

'Lots have seen Dodds score goals at a lower level. Professional people have no doubts those goals will continue.'

'If he can't hack it at Rochdale why have they been so keen to sign him after his loan spell?'

Thracian would you care to share some of this info that you hint at? If you cannot for whatever reason then fair enough, but its pretty frustrating for you to keep using it as part of your arguments.

And even more frustrating for me!.

Yes.

The same man who rated Elvis Hammond also rated Louis Dodds.

Who you doing, young Darren?

Err. Right Now? I really couldn't say. The missus would get quite anrgy, I'm sure. :unsure:

I'm allright. Actually working bloody hard for a change. I can't say I like it.

But... yeah. Everytime someone mentions that Louis Dodds is the best natural finisher at the club, I just can't help but think that the statement first came from a complete moron. Which somewhat nullifies its credability.

Err. Right Now? I really couldn't say. The missus would get quite anrgy, I'm sure. :unsure:

I'm allright. Actually working bloody hard for a change. I can't say I like it.

But... yeah. Everytime someone mentions that Louis Dodds is the best natural finisher at the club, I just can't help but think that the statement first came from a complete moron. Which somewhat nullifies its credability.

Louis' dad perhaps..?

Louis. If you're reading... are you any good mate? Honestly? Good enough for the (once) mighty Leicester?

Nice and selective and not very convincing.

a) Dodds is no longer an Academy player anyway as you seem to suggest.

b) If he can't hack it at Rochdale why have they been so keen to sign him after his loan spell?

c) Dodds last Leicester goals were scored for the Reserves, not the Academy, and he already has a contract.

d) Where did you pick the little gem that says the Reseves/U18 manager thinks he can't hack it. Cos he seemed pretty keen to pick him for his teams.

Anyway, in conclusion, a guy you've never watched and who you think is still an Academy player, is "shite" based on the selective remarks llsted above.

lol I'm afraid you're the only one who looks unconvincing in this argument!! Those are the FACTS mate! I'm not one for writing a player's future off as that would be naive BUT the boy isn't looking like a first team candidate with those FACTS! All i hear from you is your own opinions and this weird way you word things suggesting you have all this inside knowledge crap! If Dodds 2-3 years from now has amounted to very little, i.e a league two striker, I am just interested to know wheher you would accept that perhaps on this very rare occassion, you might have been wrong??

And even more frustrating for me!.

Why not just keep shctum then? If you can't disclose the info then surely you must see opinions based on it won't count for much as we can't see the facts you apparently have and so they don't hold up to scrutiny. I'm not saying your lying but this is an internet forum which naturally means half of the 'hush hush info' people here have is bullshit.

Anyway now we're acquainted I have a secret - I am Spiderman. Keep it under your beanie please :thumbup:

Why not just keep shctum then? If you can't disclose the info then surely you must see opinions based on it won't count for much as we can't see the facts you apparently have and so they don't hold up to scrutiny. I'm not saying your lying but this is an internet forum which naturally means half of the 'hush hush info' people here have is bullshit.

Anyway now we're acquainted I have a secret - I am Spiderman. Keep it under your beanie please :thumbup:

Let me help you and the sceptics out a bit.

Rochdale did want to sign Louis but I can tell you that there was never any chance of that because Louis wants to remain close to his family for perfectly understandable - and happy - personal reasons right now.

There is, however firm interest in him from other clubs and, barring some extraordinary change at Leicester in the very near future, I am fairly sure his decision will be whittled down to one of two clubs.

It would be wholly wrong to reveal which clubs they are and, anyway, it is not impossible that someone else might show an interest.

Let me help you and the sceptics out a bit.

Rochdale did want to sign Louis but I can tell you that there was never any chance of that because Louis wants to remain close to his family for perfectly understandable - and happy - personal reasons right now.

There is, however firm interest in him from other clubs and, barring some extraordinary change at Leicester in the very near future, I am fairly sure his decision will be whittled down to one of two clubs.

Tweedledum Utd would seem to be most likely though and Tweedledee Town have to endure the transfer embargo until October.

Archived