Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DanTheFoxBhoy

Milan will ship out the shite

Ah, but Kisnorbo changed position. He'd never have been any better in midfield than he was last year.

Fryatt won't be changing position. And it is no use anyone judging him on his previous record because that was always in lower grade football where, I am told, lots of people have pedigree. Besides, we're no longer looking at the same Fryatt but a guy who nowadays seems to have persistent foot problems.

So it is thin argument. Even apexgeo's offside argument made me smile after Fryatt seemed to be going for a club record of offsides in the game at Barnsley. :D

Face it. For whatever reason fans just like Fryatt better. I don't know whether their Black Country connections had anything to do with it but Kelly was the same. Couldn't get him back in the side fast enough.

Some guys gain admission to the "in" crowd, for whatever reason, some guys don't.

DeVries was an example really. Ugly, cumbersome, never an obvious mixer and never part of the "in" crowd. But he bagged more goals than a good many who stayed favoured.

The club will make its own decision over Fryatt. I don't much care what it is. But I'd be lining up at least two new strikers if we're at all serious about promotion because I would never dream of trusting Fryatt for another season. I'd accept reality and take anything Fryatt manages now as a pleasant and unexpected bonus.

On this last part I do agree with you. We defo need two new strikers. I dont want to gamble on a fragile Fryatt next seaosn hoping he's gonna get us the goals for a potential promotion season. If Fryatt can do the business next seaosn, then thats a bonus. But we need two new pair of fowards. And thats at least two. :thumbup:

On this last part I do agree with you. We defo need two new strikers. I dont want to gamble on a fragile Fryatt next seaosn hoping he's gonna get us the goals for a potential promotion season. If Fryatt can do the business next seaosn, then thats a bonus. But we need two new pair of fowards. And thats at least two. :thumbup:

atleast 6 strikers on the books then :punk:

atleast 6 strikers on the books then :punk:

Ah, but Kisnorbo changed position. He'd never have been any better in midfield than he was last year.

Fryatt won't be changing position. And it is no use anyone judging him on his previous record because that was always in lower grade football where, I am told, lots of people have pedigree. Besides, we're no longer looking at the same Fryatt but a guy who nowadays seems to have persistent foot problems.

So it is thin argument. Even apexgeo's offside argument made me smile after Fryatt seemed to be going for a club record of offsides in the game at Barnsley. :D

Face it. For whatever reason fans just like Fryatt better. I don't know whether their Black Country connections had anything to do with it but Kelly was the same. Couldn't get him back in the side fast enough.

Some guys gain admission to the "in" crowd, for whatever reason, some guys don't.

DeVries was an example really. Ugly, cumbersome, never an obvious mixer and never part of the "in" crowd. But he bagged more goals than a good many who stayed favoured.

The club will make its own decision over Fryatt. I don't much care what it is. But I'd be lining up at least two new strikers if we're at all serious about promotion because I would never dream of trusting Fryatt for another season. I'd accept reality and take anything Fryatt manages now as a pleasant and unexpected bonus.

Thats a difficult argument to take from someone who argued he could judge Dodds on academy, reserve team and lower league performances. I'm not saying I disagree about Dodds, but if you're going to base an argument on his pedigree from that then you need to be consistent and not dismiss it when it comes to another player.

Thats a difficult argument to take from someone who argued he could judge Dodds on academy, reserve team and lower league performances. I'm not saying I disagree about Dodds, but if you're going to base an argument on his pedigree from that then you need to be consistent and not dismiss it when it comes to another player.

I've never said I could judge Dodds as a first team player. People might have preferred to give that impression. I have said that, given the performance of all but Hume among our first team strikers, he should have been given the chance to show what he could do.

At the very least he should have been on the bench on the basis of his general and pre-season performances and after his recall from loan spell at Northfield we were still misfiring up front.

Signing Horsfield and later persisting with the still recovering Fryatt were fruitless decisions. Fryatt had already been given his chance based on lower League performances - both he and Dodds having been prolific scorers at the lower levels - and why Dodds has never been given his remains a mystery as far as ability is concerned.

Hullfox suggested his attitude has been wrong and he may be right although I've never noticed it for one moment. For my part I think that the West Midlands connection of both Kelly and Fryatt played a part, along with Kelly's influence in bringing him here.

Whatever, Dodds had shabby treatment in the circumstances of this season but I've made no comment on his first team capabilities other than to say he'd have been a better bet than Horsfield, a part-fit Fryatt and, probably even Hammond as a striker.

Not only would I happily stand by that view but I'd suggest that in retrospect it's a view that's virtually impossible to contest among anyone prepared to be genuinely fair minded because there's no way Dodds would have not have passed Horsfield's two goals, Fryatt's four goals (in 34 games!) and I would have bet good money on him passing Hammond's six.

How good Dodds will prove should he ever get a proper chance is debateable. I've mentioned before that his style doesn't lend itself to constant selection if he's not scoring because he's not a busy-looking player like Hume. But manager's who persist with him may well find thy'll be rewarded with a worthwhile goals return based on matches played.

Twelve certainly and perhaps even 15 a season if he was fully fit and sharp.

We could have done with even 10 because for all the persistant euphoria about Fryatt he has scored 9 goals in 53 matches for Leicester according to Soccerbase, very nearly one goal every six games and way short of what we need from a frontline centre-forward.

There is not the slightest doubt in my mind that Dodds would have managed considerably more than that. That wouldn't prove he's the best striker we could find - it would simply have proved he was probably the best we had available last August

Archived