Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DanTheFoxBhoy

Milan will ship out the shite

I was pleased to hear Milan in his latest interview on World say, when asked "do you expect the team to be vastly different next year, almost a completely different team?"

"You saw the last game, that summarises the season here... that will give you the answer where we should go"

I doubt very much that any vestige of the poor performers, espeically against Wolves, will be left next season. Nige included.

He was also very intent on not letting the good players go anywhere, that's promising considering all these rumours of our good performers going elsewhere.

I was pleased to hear Milan in his latest interview on World say, when asked "do you expect the team to be vastly different next year, almost a completely different team?"

"You saw the last game, that summarises the season here... that will give you the answer where we should go"

I doubt very much that any vestige of the poor performers, espeically against Wolves, will be left next season. Nige included.

He was also very intent on not letting the good players go anywhere, that's promising considering all these rumours of our good performers going elsewhere.

when i first read your post i thought milan had said the bit in bold lol but then realised there were no quote marks :D

It's prmising indeed. But it just depends who he regards as the "good players" I suppose.

You really dont have to be a genius to see who's a good player in our squad and who's not.

You really dont have to be a genius to see who's a good player in our squad and who's not.

I wish I had your conviction. To me, good individuals don't necessarily make good team players.

And the style of some "good" players doesn't necessarily fit into the team you might wish to build.

Take Kisnorbo for instance. Is he a "good" player?.

A Premiership club is said to be interested, his player ratings would be among or even the highest and I'd guess 95% of Leicester fans would bracket him as "good".

But to me he gives the ball away far too much among other things.

And I don't know if that would be flaw enough to effect our chances of winning the Championship.

Similarly Fryatt. Read the preferred team lists and the vast majority of fans want Fryatt in the side. They think he's good and may be right.

I have great doubts about that.

What about Weso or Porter?. Opinions would vary greatly and many wouldn't give a toss if both were replaced by bigger, strong, more experienced players.

It would perhaps make an interesting poll but given a choice of retaining Kisnorbo/Fryatt or Weso/Porter I wonder what the verdict would be.

I do know what I'd vote but I don't know whether that vote would be right. Depends on the team around them I suppose.

i'm pretty sure even though we will have money, we will still be left with a few crap players.

Because there's too many to punt out in one go.

To remove everyone including the few "crap players" you fear will remain in the squad, we'd have to flog about 16 players and sign another 16. lol

Turnover will be high this summer, if all goes well, but it won't be that high.

I wish I had your conviction. To me, good individuals don't necessarily make good team players.

And the style of some "good" players doesn't necessarily fit into the team you might wish to build.

Take Kisnorbo for instance. Is he a "good" player?.

A Premiership club is said to be interested, his player ratings would be among or even the highest and I'd guess 95% of Leicester fans would bracket him as "good".

But to me he gives the ball away far too much among other things.

And I don't know if that would be flaw enough to effect our chances of winning the Championship.

Similarly Fryatt. Read the preferred team lists and the vast majority of fans want Fryatt in the side. They think he's good and may be right.

I have great doubts about that.

What about Weso or Porter?. Opinions would vary greatly and many wouldn't give a toss if both were replaced by bigger, strong, more experienced players.

It would perhaps make an interesting poll but given a choice of retaining Kisnorbo/Fryatt or Weso/Porter I wonder what the verdict would be.

I do know what I'd vote but I don't know whether that vote would be right. Depends on the team around them I suppose.

Fryatt/Weso/Porter are debateable. You can say Fryatt is bad, I can say he's good. But what I meant was its not hard to see that players like Horsefield, Maybury, Hammond etc are useless. These are the players that we need to get rid off.

And if 95% of fans say a certain player is good, then he must be. They cant all be wrong. Similarly when the same 95% say Fryatt has more talent in his right foot than Hammond and Horsefield put together, then they have a point (example).

Because there's too many to punt out in one go.

To remove everyone including the few "crap players" you fear will remain in the squad, we'd have to flog about 16 players and sign another 16. lol

Turnover will be high this summer, if all goes well, but it won't be that high.

What i am saying is that every team has some relatively crap players because every manager has different opinions on who would be a good played for their side. I'm sure we will sign a player who we dont rate, but the manager continues to include in the squad.

Fryatt/Weso/Porter are debateable. You can say Fryatt is bad, I can say he's good. But what I meant was its not hard to see that players like Horsefield, Maybury, Hammond etc are useless. These are the players that we need to get rid off.

And if 95% of fans say a certain player is good, then he must be. They cant all be wrong. Similarly when the same 95% say Fryatt has more talent in his right foot than Hammond and Horsefield put together, then they have a point (example).

You can easily tell 90% of the players who have ability and likewise the ones that havent got much ability. there is always that 10% that you cant make up your mind on because one week they look like Maradona and the next its Madonna.

We have been lucky this season to weedle out so much shite like Low, COG and AJ and there is quite a bit to follow but I think that if we keep the nucleus of our reserves and fring players as some of the youngsters we have who are at this stage hit and miss (Levi, Logan, Weso, Fryatt, Stearman) and blend them with some of the acdemy lads and then do the difficult bit and get Premiership experienced and hungry players to repleace some of the aforementioned names in the first team, we`ll be OK. Hopefully some of those youngsters can train harder and improve quicker by playing with better quality players and from having question marks over the Fryatts and Stearmans we can actually be moaning that they should be starters because they are playing so well! (Wishful thinking or what??)

There isnt that many players that we have that I`ll be cheesed off if they are still there next season though. De Vries, Maybury and Elvis may be the ones I want out yesterday but if Hughes, Kenton or even someone like McCarthy was still there that wouldnt be the end of the world as they would make half decent players to call on in the event of a bad run of injuries or suspensions. The main thing with all this as I have said is getting the right quality first teamers in during the summer.

I'll believe it when I see it, you can't just tell players to go who have contracts still with us. Therefore we would have to sell them, I can't see many potential buyers for the players we all want rid. As far as I know only Nisse and Danny Cadamarteri contracts have expired.

There are all sorts of precedents in history which show a massive majority of people can be wrong.

How good Fryatt might have been last season bears no relation to his standard now and throughout this season.

To me the facts clearly state that Hammond was a more effective forward in his fewer games than Fryatt was this season.

They don't say that Hammond is necessarily a good player although his goals ratio of close to 1 in 3 is perfectly respectable and would equate to 13/14 goals for the season, compared with Fryatt's projected 8 goals for the season.

But far from saying Hammond was "good", people cannot bring themselves to even accept that he was better than Fryatt. It is rather like not like not wanting to admit that a politician they voted for turned out a disappointment.

Fans quickly refer to past history. But, to me, something has changed with Fryatt. He no longer looks anything like the same player as in 2005/2006. The most obvious explanation is his injury but there may be more to it than that.

True, the picture may change again next season - we all hope so I'm sure - but there is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that. I wish there was.

So, in the 2006 close season, is Fryatt now a "good" player or are we saying he was a good player in 2005/06 and we hope he can return to being a good player again?.

In which case, what should Mandaric do? Back him to recover his form or sign an in-form striker?

Cutting what might be "crap" to one but "potential" to another is not always straightforward.

There are all sorts of precedents in history which show a massive majority of people can be wrong.

How good Fryatt might have been last season bears no relation to his standard now and throughout this season.

To me the facts clearly state that Hammond was a more effective forward in his fewer games than Fryatt was this season.

They don't say that Hammond is necessarily a good player although his goals ratio of close to 1 in 3 is perfectly respectable and would equate to 13/14 goals for the season, compared with Fryatt's projected 8 goals for the season.

But far from saying Hammond was "good", people cannot bring themselves to even accept that he was better than Fryatt. It is rather like not like not wanting to admit that a politician they voted for turned out a disappointment.

Fans quickly refer to past history. But, to me, something has changed with Fryatt. He no longer looks anything like the same player as in 2005/2006. The most obvious explanation is his injury but there may be more to it than that.

True, the picture may change again next season - we all hope so I'm sure - but there is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that. I wish there was.

So, in the 2006 close season, is Fryatt now a "good" player or are we saying he was a good player in 2005/06 and we hope he can return to being a good player again?.

In which case, what should Mandaric do? Back him to recover his form or sign an in-form striker?

Cutting what might be "crap" to one but "potential" to another is not always straightforward.

I dont like the logic you using to judge Fryatt here. Shevchenko for example has had a dire season but thats not to say he's a crap player or he's a worse player than Drogba (who's had a better season than him). Yes, Fryatt has had a bad season, but he has talent. Thats the key word here. Hammond have no talent. Yes, he scored some vital goal for us this seaosn and his goal ratio isnt bad at all. But we talking about LCFC\s future here. If I had release one of them, I wouldnt hesitate for a second.

I agree with you though that something has changed with Fryatt. He doesnt look like the player from 05/06 and it looks like its something beyond the injury. But bear in mind that could change if the right manager comes in. Players are humans after all, they have rights to have a bad period or season. And I'd also like to remind you that Fryatt is only 21 and Hammond is what? 26?

I think you have to be careful with giving people chance after chance at this level. You have only 11 spaces in your first team and when you decide to offer contracts to these lads you have got to make sure that they can do a job because the implications of getting it wrong is that you basically have to grin and bare it, like we are doing with MDV who has been on loan for 18 months.

Its OK if you have no money and scrape the barrel to bring in Bosmans and cheap players and pray a few come good but in Elvis Hammond, you have a player who will never be a prolific striker. He flatters to decieve as he has great pace and at times shows a nice turn and run and even a neat finish but he cant string his game together over 90 minutes never mnd a season. He cant master the basics like the offisde rule and simply doesnt and has never scored goals. I cant even seeing him scoring loads of goals in the lower leagues but at 27 (in October), he is far too old to keep in the hope that he learns the role of a striker.

Fryatt is surely to be seen in a different light. He only recently turned 21 and scored quite a few goals for Walsall and that attracted a number of clubs about him. We have seen some top form from him although this season has been stop start. I think I am right in saying that Fryatt as 21 has scored more proffesional goals than 27yo Elvis?

The Elvis` must leave the building and the Fryatts should stick around for a while yet!

I think you have to be careful with giving people chance after chance at this level. You have only 11 spaces in your first team and when you decide to offer contracts to these lads you have got to make sure that they can do a job because the implications of getting it wrong is that you basically have to grin and bare it, like we are doing with MDV who has been on loan for 18 months.

Its OK if you have no money and scrape the barrel to bring in Bosmans and cheap players and pray a few come good but in Elvis Hammond, you have a player who will never be a prolific striker. He flatters to decieve as he has great pace and at times shows a nice turn and run and even a neat finish but he cant string his game together over 90 minutes never mnd a season. He cant master the basics like the offisde rule and simply doesnt and has never scored goals. I cant even seeing him scoring loads of goals in the lower leagues but at 27 (in October), he is far too old to keep in the hope that he learns the role of a striker.

Fryatt is surely to be seen in a different light. He only recently turned 21 and scored quite a few goals for Walsall and that attracted a number of clubs about him. We have seen some top form from him although this season has been stop start. I think I am right in saying that Fryatt as 21 has scored more proffesional goals than 27yo Elvis?

The Elvis` must leave the building and the Fryatts should stick around for a while yet!

I agree with you whole heartely and especially the bit about Hammond. And its not fair on Fryatt to be completed judged on this season, and this season alone. Kisnorbo didnt have a good time when he first came here, and look at the man now.

Im willing to give Fryatt one more season, but not Hammond. He needs to go now.

I dont like the logic you using to judge Fryatt here. Shevchenko for example has had a dire season but thats not to say he's a crap player or he's a worse player than Drogba (who's had a better season than him). Yes, Fryatt has had a bad season, but he has talent. Thats the key word here. Hammond have no talent. Yes, he scored some vital goal for us this seaosn and his goal ratio isnt bad at all. But we talking about LCFC\s future here. If I had release one of them, I wouldnt hesitate for a second.

I agree with you though that something has changed with Fryatt. He doesnt look like the player from 05/06 and it looks like its something beyond the injury. But bear in mind that could change if the right manager comes in. Players are humans after all, they have rights to have a bad period or season. And I'd also like to remind you that Fryatt is only 21 and Hammond is what? 26?

The age difference is less relevent because Hammond has had a sheltered footballing background and looks three times as fit as Fryatt. Also talent comes in different forms - some not as elegant as others!.

But my purpose here is not to argue Hammond against Fryatt - I'd get no sympathy anyway! :D.

It is simply to say that judging who is good and who is not good is not so easy because it is not always obvious.

Williams, for instance, was a "pretty" player but had little effect. Back in time though Frank Large made Hammond look like poetry in motion but had extraordinary effect.

Yet I promise you. Not a single fan on this site would have ever have wanted Frank Large near their team.

Football-wise he redefined the word ugly. But he'd have made Horsfield look like a wet paper handerchief.

Which is good? The elegant or the ugly? Williams or Weso, Sheehan or Nils, Porter or Hughes?

Good luck to Milan I say.

I don't see why the game has to be so polarised. Williams was technically good but he was a lazy ****. Hammonds puts the effort in but is technically very limited.

Believe it or not there are players out there that have skill but put effort in as well, and have strength. Even at this level. That's what we're aiming for.

I agree with you whole heartely and especially the bit about Hammond. And its not fair on Fryatt to be completed judged on this season, and this season alone. Kisnorbo didnt have a good time when he first came here, and look at the man now.

Im willing to give Fryatt one more season, but not Hammond. He needs to go now.

Ah, but Kisnorbo changed position. He'd never have been any better in midfield than he was last year.

Fryatt won't be changing position. And it is no use anyone judging him on his previous record because that was always in lower grade football where, I am told, lots of people have pedigree. Besides, we're no longer looking at the same Fryatt but a guy who nowadays seems to have persistent foot problems.

So it is thin argument. Even apexgeo's offside argument made me smile after Fryatt seemed to be going for a club record of offsides in the game at Barnsley. :D

Face it. For whatever reason fans just like Fryatt better. I don't know whether their Black Country connections had anything to do with it but Kelly was the same. Couldn't get him back in the side fast enough.

Some guys gain admission to the "in" crowd, for whatever reason, some guys don't.

DeVries was an example really. Ugly, cumbersome, never an obvious mixer and never part of the "in" crowd. But he bagged more goals than a good many who stayed favoured.

The club will make its own decision over Fryatt. I don't much care what it is. But I'd be lining up at least two new strikers if we're at all serious about promotion because I would never dream of trusting Fryatt for another season. I'd accept reality and take anything Fryatt manages now as a pleasant and unexpected bonus.

You can easily tell 90% of the players who have ability and likewise the ones that havent got much ability. there is always that 10% that you cant make up your mind on because one week they look like Maradona and the next its Madonna.

We have been lucky this season to weedle out so much shite like Low, COG and AJ and there is quite a bit to follow but I think that if we keep the nucleus of our reserves and fring players as some of the youngsters we have who are at this stage hit and miss (Levi, Logan, Weso, Fryatt, Stearman) and blend them with some of the acdemy lads and then do the difficult bit and get Premiership experienced and hungry players to repleace some of the aforementioned names in the first team, we`ll be OK. Hopefully some of those youngsters can train harder and improve quicker by playing with better quality players and from having question marks over the Fryatts and Stearmans we can actually be moaning that they should be starters because they are playing so well! (Wishful thinking or what??)

There isnt that many players that we have that I`ll be cheesed off if they are still there next season though. De Vries, Maybury and Elvis may be the ones I want out yesterday but if Hughes, Kenton or even someone like McCarthy was still there that wouldnt be the end of the world as they would make half decent players to call on in the event of a bad run of injuries or suspensions. The main thing with all this as I have said is getting the right quality first teamers in during the summer.

:clap:

on the whole i agree.

in relation to the kentons, hughes' mcCarthy's Newton's its hard to judge them when they are playing with shite players.

Im sure standards drop when being coached out of fitness, tactics and ability (Kelly) not to forget playing with sub standard players.

we should go through phases to clear out the dead wood, doing it all in one go would be a complete disaster. Imagine if we cant get quality in and have to buy just to make up the numbers?????

I think phase one has already started with COG, AJ etc.

Its good to know MM wants to get rid of dead wood, i must admit i am a little concerned as to how much he is going to control the on the field activities.

Archived