Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

One for the doubters

As is your way sometimes you are simply putting together and coming up with your own convenient answers.

I suppose you would say the same applies to Mattock, King, Gradel, Porter, and everyone else I choose to mention...a point I've just noticed has been made by Abrasive Fox who seems to write my own quotes and then comment on them.

You give me the bullets and I`ll load the gun and fire!

Im not talking about the likes of King and Gradel because they arent quite at the age where we should expect some progress within the first team squad. Louis Dodds is 21 in October and maybe some of us would have hoped he would have developed enough for the acdemy bosses like Rudkin and Beaglehole to be getting into Kelly`s or even Wortho`s ear to include him within the first team. Things have happened in recent times where the likes of Weso and COG have got in but its evident they have question marks about Dodds or else he would have featured, especially as we had no inform strikers at one stage and had to get the likes of Glombard in Horsefield in.

NMow I know it must be frsutrating to fans of Dodds because from the things I have read he had scored loads of goals for the academy and reserves and may deserve a chance but what worries someone like me is not only have the management deemed him not ready but his spell at Rochdale has done little for me as a fan to think that we have a real player on our hands here. As a comparison, Leeds previous manager Blackwell bought a non-eague striker in Jermaine Beckford who scored 35 in 40 for Wealdstone and he played bit parts for Leeds without any success. They loan the lad out to S****horpe and he impresses greatly in D1 to the extent that S****horpe want to actually sign him. Now I realise that Beckford is a couple of years older but on pro football experience there wasnt much in it.

Dodds at this stage hasnt done enough to warrant any silly ravings about his ability but thats not to say he wont make it one day. You only have to look at players like Billy Sharp who was sold by a bloke who could be our next manager to Scunny for £100k two years ago or even to see the poor state of Bury football club who almost got demoted into the conference but sold on David Nugent just over 2 years ago.

Players develop all the time and teh surroundings, coaches and events off the pitch are all some of the factors that shape a players footy career. Maybe Dodds will find his home elsewhere but as I have said a gazillion times, I am yet to see a Leicester kid or reserve player who has left us for peanuts to go and enjoy a very good career in either of the top two divisions in England.

You give me the bullets and I`ll load the gun and fire!

Im not talking about the likes of King and Gradel because they arent quite at the age where we should expect some progress within the first team squad. Louis Dodds is 21 in October and maybe some of us would have hoped he would have developed enough for the acdemy bosses like Rudkin and Beaglehole to be getting into Kelly`s or even Wortho`s ear to include him within the first team. Things have happened in recent times where the likes of Weso and COG have got in but its evident they have question marks about Dodds or else he would have featured, especially as we had no inform strikers at one stage and had to get the likes of Glombard in Horsefield in.

NMow I know it must be frsutrating to fans of Dodds because from the things I have read he had scored loads of goals for the academy and reserves and may deserve a chance but what worries someone like me is not only have the management deemed him not ready but his spell at Rochdale has done little for me as a fan to think that we have a real player on our hands here. As a comparison, Leeds previous manager Blackwell bought a non-eague striker in Jermaine Beckford who scored 35 in 40 for Wealdstone and he played bit parts for Leeds without any success. They loan the lad out to S****horpe and he impresses greatly in D1 to the extent that S****horpe want to actually sign him. Now I realise that Beckford is a couple of years older but on pro football experience there wasnt much in it.

Dodds at this stage hasnt done enough to warrant any silly ravings about his ability but thats not to say he wont make it one day. You only have to look at players like Billy Sharp who was sold by a bloke who could be our next manager to Scunny for £100k two years ago or even to see the poor state of Bury football club who almost got demoted into the conference but sold on David Nugent just over 2 years ago.

Players develop all the time and teh surroundings, coaches and events off the pitch are all some of the factors that shape a players footy career. Maybe Dodds will find his home elsewhere but as I have said a gazillion times, I am yet to see a Leicester kid or reserve player who has left us for peanuts to go and enjoy a very good career in either of the top two divisions in England.

Don't you get tired of arguing with Thrac, a guy who obviously gets off on arguing with people and posting vague comments that can mean anything, therefore never committing himself to any actual firm opinion on anything, and so allowing himself an escape route everytime his argument looks to be going sour!!

Don't you get tired of arguing with Thrac, a guy who obviously gets off on arguing with people and posting vague comments that can mean anything, therefore never committing himself to any actual firm opinion on anything, and so allowing himself an escape route everytime his argument looks to be going sour!!

I commit myself to as much as I possibly can in the circumstances and with due consideration to all the various parties involved, including the club.

So when you went on that big "I can't say what but something AWESOME is happening to Leicester" attention-seeking, nonsense streak about a month ago - it was all building up to this garbage about Dodds? I'm disappointed.

So when you went on that big "I can't say what but something AWESOME is happening to Leicester" attention-seeking, nonsense streak about a month ago - it was all building up to this garbage about Dodds? I'm disappointed.

a) I never mentioned anything awesome.

b) It had/has nothing to do with Dodds.

I'm bored of this, it is exactly as that poster just mentioned....attention seeking!! Posting obscure comments to get a reaction, and to boast that you have inside information that you can't share with us. What is the point of this topic Thrac!

So there's still the potential for excitement? OoOoOO Thracian, you have me all a-flutter.

I think that sums up the situation exactly.

Much depends on variables but I don't think Leicester have done anything to harm their chances whichever way the cards drop.

Again, this sounds nebulous but football is a fluid game, circumstances can change, players can get injured or suffer a dramatic loss of form.

But yes, we're a quite a bit further on and the potential remains.

I commit myself to as much as I possibly can in the circumstances and with due consideration to all the various parties involved, including the club.

Why bother saying anything at all?

Until a manager is appointed, surely no decisions will be made about any player's future with the club.

This better be something ACTUALLY interesting / notable / big enough to make any sort of difference, by the way. Or I'm going to find out where you live. ;)

:yawn: :yawn:

This better be something ACTUALLY interesting / notable / big enough to make any sort of difference, by the way. Or I'm going to find out where you live. ;)

The topic of this post is the situation with DODDS, which means he has either signed or gone somewhere else. I hardly find that exciting!

We will be signing a player this summer definite... I'm being purposely ambiguous, vague and evasive here... but mark my words, you heard it here first... a player (who's identity I can't reveal) will be signing on a date (I can't reveal) - watch this space! Maybe.

Wow TPH, you are soooooo in the know. How do you get all this info?

Thanks for keeping us all in the loop whilst maintaning due consideration to all the various parties involved, including the club.

Why bother saying anything at all?

Until a manager is appointed, surely no decisions will be made about any player's future with the club.

Decisions are being made and I imagine MM is consulting appropriate people in making them.

:rolleyes: We need a "pat of the head" emoticon.

Start campaiging for it. Or use you're "mod" powers to sort it. :thumbup:

This is about as advanced as "mod" powers get. - Finnegan.

:cool: Awesome - Bert. :P

Wow TPH, you are soooooo in the know. How do you get all this info?

Thanks for keeping us all in the loop whilst maintaning due consideration to all the various parties involved, including the club.

I get it from a special contact of mine. Has to be hush hush though mate, as I'm sure you can appreciate.

I'll continue to keep you in the loop and whilst I can say no more at the moment - well, let's just say you'll know it when it happens and you'll know you heard it here first.

Don't read too much in to this either, but a club we all have an interest in, will, all being well, be appointing a new manager THIS summer... and I can exclusively reveal that there is a good chance the candidate will be male!!!

Finally... a much talked about overrated youngster at the same club with EITHER be staying at the club OR leaving! I must admit, I did not hear this bombshell first hand but the SOURCE is VERY GOOD, although I cannot reveal it!

Keep your ears to the ground folks and remember... YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

lol

I have got a few days to go before I go to Cyprus for a couple of months and the last thing on my mind is to come on here and post 30+ times a day like I have done since joining this forum in January so I am getting my two pennies worth in now before the drought kicks in!! I may try and argue with everyone and anyone, even if we sign Ronaldo on a bosman i`ll find an excuse to moan that it wasnt a good deal. lol

On a serious note we all know Thrac talks sense but also talks a large amount of bollox (no offence meant!). Its all about opinions and we are all entitled to them. I find it more fun exchanging views with people who dont think or agree with me than I do in talking to people who have little or no opinion of theie own. The bottom line is I know I am always right PMSL :unsure::frusty:

Archived