Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Micky Ruddle

MK Dons & Other players Allen might fancy

I agree, very underated and was surprised when he left Brighton for Swansea i think it was a while back. He was Brighton's best player back then.

He's a Grade A Cooont though. Don't need his sort down at Leicester. Allen would tear him to pieces thinking he's billy big shot when he's achieved fook all. He's never proved himself at Championship level either, he was awful at Brighton when they were in the Championship.

He's at MK Dons for a reason. He's found his level, he moves club far too often.

we could get a hell of a lot better for £1.5million though.

Eastwood for example, or an extra million for Sharp (although i dont want either here, they are too much of a gamble!)

we should go for someone like Todorov who knows where the net is and then strengthen the service cos we all know Hume created his own goals last season as the service was poor.

we could get a hell of a lot better for £1.5million though.

Exactly! Though I think Eastwood would be pretty decent signing... blowing £1.5mil on a League Two striker with a very poor record in the championship who's reported as having an attitude problem strikes me as stupidity, and for that reason i'm going to hope and pray this is just lazy journalism.

please lets not get mcCleod, very overated indeed. ive seen mk a couple of times, player that stands out is dean lewington. quality left foot. Platt is aweful by the way

I think McLeod would do fine for you, £1.5m would be a gamble though. Bear in mind he got 21 this season despite spending about 8 games suspended (plus a couple of injuries). He scored 21 in 36 this year, which is not bad at all, and 17 in 39 the year we got relegated.

Platt is one of my favourite players, he works his socks off and his attitude is spot on, but whether he could handle the Championship I'm not sure.

The best player you could get would be Keith Andrews, he's a brilliant passer and scores his fair share of goals as well (7 this season from holding midfield). Easily our most articulate player, alongside McGovern, but McGovern has fallen out with MA and if MA hadn't left he wouldn't be here.

In fact MA would be the obstacle preventing you from getting some of our best players. Gary Smith for example, who was released because his wages were big and he's injury prone. He's a fantastic player on his day though, and has already proved himself in the Championship at a younger age when he was on loan from Middlesbrough.

I think McLeod would do fine for you, £1.5m would be a gamble though. Bear in mind he got 21 this season despite spending about 8 games suspended (plus a couple of injuries). He scored 21 in 36 this year, which is not bad at all, and 17 in 39 the year we got relegated.

Platt is one of my favourite players, he works his socks off and his attitude is spot on, but whether he could handle the Championship I'm not sure.

The best player you could get would be Keith Andrews, he's a brilliant passer and scores his fair share of goals as well (7 this season from holding midfield). Easily our most articulate player, alongside McGovern, but McGovern has fallen out with MA and if MA hadn't left he wouldn't be here.

In fact MA would be the obstacle preventing you from getting some of our best players. Gary Smith for example, who was released because his wages were big and he's injury prone. He's a fantastic player on his day though, and has already proved himself in the Championship at a younger age when he was on loan from Middlesbrough.

Is that the McGovern who use to play for Norwich?

Is he quick at all? :dunno:

Yes, McLeod is quick, when he's got the ball but other then that he's a bit of a passenger.

Clive Platt just had his best ever season on record with us but I have to say that he's the first forward i've ever seen that completely can't score with his feet. He doesn't have a shot on him at all. Just about every goal he's ever scored, with the exception of the odd goal mouth scrambled mellee, is scored with his head

please lets not get mcCleod, very overated indeed. ive seen mk a couple of times, player that stands out is dean lewington. quality left foot. Platt is aweful by the way

Spot on. Lewington is our most reliable and consistent player. In the past few seasons he's hardly missed a game.

Archived