Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Micky Ruddle

MK Dons & Other players Allen might fancy

No thanks.

21 goals in League Two is like 7 goals in the Championship.

18 goals in each of the previous two seasons in League 1, for a struggling side isn't bad going at all.

Seems to have improved no end since his Derby days and is worth signing, at a decent price. Can only improve us at the moment.

I'm sure Wolves are hitting themselves for signing Michael Kightly from the Conference.

An absolute joke it is, a Championship club buying players from League Two and below.

9 goals for a winger since November? Runner-up in as player of the season?

Shocking.

Jesus wept.

You go, girlfriend.

PWN3D, as I believe da kidz said 6 months ago. God knows what they say now.

I dunno too much about these players, whether they're any good, but it raises an interesting point... we've all been concentrating on MK Dons players but what about those he's managed in the past? Have any of the Brentford players he used to managed gone onto better things, worth looking at? What about DJ Campbell, is there a place for him in Birmingham's not exactly offensively challenged Premier League squad?

Are the three aforementioned players worth looking at?

[ i dont no allot about thses players but allen noes them so if they good he ill get dem

Yeah I think Sam Sodje would be a good signing but I doubt we'd get him.

Actually...

On 26 August 2006 Sam made his Reading debut away to Wigan because of a suspension to Ibrahima Sonko. However, his first team opportunities in the 2006-07 proved to be limited, so on 16 March 2007 he signed a month's loan deal with West Bromwich Albion,[5] which was subsequently extended to the end of the 2006-07 season.[6]

Maybe we could get him, at least on loan?

In his 105 appearences for MK Dons, (excluding 11 (bench)), McLeod has scored 54 goals since he joined in 2004.

Would you like to see him down here?

NO WAY! Ive seen Mcleod a few times and he is awful, he may have a good record in that league but so did benjiman at cambridge, say no more!!

I'm sure Wolves are hitting themselves for signing Michael Kightly from the Conference.

An absolute joke it is, a Championship club buying players from League Two and below.

9 goals for a winger since November? Runner-up in as player of the season?

Shocking.

Jesus wept.

Exactly. Matt Elliott, Neil Lennon, Robbie Savage (to name just three) all came from clubs significantly below us.

You want to be picking up the best players from lower clubs more than the sh!te and rejects from slightly better placed clubs.

I dnt know bout these Mk dons players! I mean cmon league 2 ! ok so thers michael kightly, but how many times have u herd about a league 2/confrence player really making a name for himself in the championship!

Leicester need some of the old school players if ther is anyhting to be done!

>>>> Emile Heskey <<<<

I dnt know bout these Mk dons players! I mean cmon league 2 ! ok so thers michael kightly, but how many times have u herd about a league 2/confrence player really making a name for himself in the championship!

Leicester need some of the old school players if ther is anyhting to be done!

>>>> Emile Heskey <<<<

Steve Guppy - went on to play for England whilst at Leicester, remember him?

Not sure what league Crewe were in when Lennon and Sav came or Oxford when Elliott came either but suspect at least one of them might have been a division 3 player as was before they moved here. We're not in a position to be snobs and do want to have players on their way up.

McLeod wont be cheap if you want him, Derby County have a sell on clause with him aswell.

We turned down 1million from Peterborough and 1.5mil from Wolves.

He scored 24goals in league two this term but the previous 2 seasons hes netted 18 and 18 in league 1:

Some of the goals:

In his 105 appearences for MK Dons, (excluding 11 (bench)), McLeod has scored 54 goals since he joined in 2004.

Would you like to see him down here?

I've never seen him play before so I can't really comment but what I can gather from what everyone else is saying he's probably not what we need.

His goalscoring record is impressive, although it is League 2 we're talking about. Maybe if we were to get him for a low cost but it sounds like he doesn't come cheap, so in that case it's another nono from me. :nono:

No thanks.

21 goals in League Two is like 7 goals in the Championship.

Exactly how do you work that out?. If McLeod is a natural scorer how well he does in the Championship may well depend in part on the standard of service. If it's good and the complimentary factors are good he could score more not less by having better people around him. Depends on too many things to guess.

However Soccerbase statistics suggest the odds are in your favour saying: McLeod began his career at Derby County on August 1st, 2002 scoring 4 goals in 41 appearances. During this time he spent time on loan at First Division club Sheffield United, making 7 appearances, failing to score at all.

I think this fella joined MK Dons permanently in January.... and im surprised nobody (i dont think) has mentioned him

Leon Knight

I agree, very underated and was surprised when he left Brighton for Swansea i think it was a while back. He was Brighton's best player back then.

Archived