Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Micky Ruddle

MK Dons & Other players Allen might fancy

No matter what I do, this topic will come up time and time again. So, I might as well let it stay.

Who do you think Martin Allen will go in for from his old club? Is there anyone you think we should go in for at MK Dons?

If a player is linked to us properly, then of course a new topic can be made for that player. Idle chit-chat about MK Dons players should remain in here only, please and thanks. :thumbup:

Lwicd the sensible mod ;):cool:

I actually don't think we'll sign McLeod but someone who isn't as high profile as him from there, maybe Clive Allen (I think that's him)

Lwicd the sensible mod ;):cool:

I actually don't think we'll sign McLeod but someone who isn't as high profile as him from there, maybe Clive Allen (I think that's him)

Clive Allen would have been good back in day :Plol

Clive Platt you mean ;)

I can't believe anyone would even consider signing a lower league journeymen like Clive Platt!! what is the world coming to... theres a reason players like him have only played for the likes of Peterborugh, Notts County and Rochdale and that is they are not good enough!!

as for Mcleod £1.5million for a player from league 2 is not value for money he's done well at his level but I think we could get a far better deal from looking around especially in Eastern Europe and so one with some of Milans contacts I imagine we could probably get a far better player for less money or even offer someone like Toderov more money than spend that much on him imo

we may have a bit of money but we still have to spend it wisely

For the records.. Clive Platt - This Season

Appearances: 41(6)

Goals: 18

Yellow Cards: 5

Red Cards: 0

Minutes on Pitch: 3676.

But the standard in League 2 isn't exactly the greatest is it to be fair?

i bet he'll try and bring in jay tabb of coventry, micheal turner, and maybe even sam sodge, from his brentford days. All quality players, and if u get them youll hae a relli gd team

I dunno too much about these players, whether they're any good, but it raises an interesting point... we've all been concentrating on MK Dons players but what about those he's managed in the past? Have any of the Brentford players he used to managed gone onto better things, worth looking at? What about DJ Campbell, is there a place for him in Birmingham's not exactly offensively challenged Premier League squad?

Are the three aforementioned players worth looking at?

Turner's a tall centre-back at Hull City I've discovered... I thought the name rang a bell. Well we don't wanna be signing players from the team who finished below us, although he did used to be one of Brentford's brightest stars, and was one of the better defenders in League 1. I think I remember reading in the Hull Daily Mail that Turner was one of the few players who were decent for Hull this year.

From Teamtalk

Dons in dark over Allen raid

MK Dons chairman Peter Winkelman insists he has no idea whether Martin Allen will try to sign some of his former players for Leicester

Allen has been linked with moves for Izale McLeod and Dean Lewington since leaving the National Hockey Stadium to take over the Foxes.

But Winkelman told the club's official website: "I really don't know what Martin may or may not want to do, but I would never stand in the way of a player going. I think it's really important that you give every player the chance to progress at the fastest possible rate.

"Do I think we can keep hold of our best players? I think it will take big clubs and big offers for people to want to go and for it to be worthwhile for people to make the move.

"I think outside of the top two divisions, we are becoming a big club."

Turner's a tall centre-back at Hull City I've discovered... I thought the name rang a bell. Well we don't wanna be signing players from the team who finished below us, although he did used to be one of Brentford's brightest stars, and was one of the better defenders in League 1. I think I remember reading in the Hull Daily Mail that Turner was one of the few players who were decent for Hull this year.

exactly, we're supposed to be moving forward

I'd say McLeod at a reported figure of £1.5 is a joke... Signing players for a club of our stature from League Two is a joke...

I'm sure Wolves are hitting themselves for signing Michael Kightly from the Conference.

An absolute joke it is, a Championship club buying players from League Two and below.

9 goals for a winger since November? Runner-up in as player of the season?

Shocking.

Jesus wept.

Please no, not Adolfo Baines, if he is still at MK Dons. He is dog shite and gets sent off every fakin match.
Please no, not Adolfo Baines, if he is still at MK Dons. He is dog shite and gets sent off every fakin match.

The players so crap he posted it twice lol

Archived