Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cowshedphil

Genuine Question Here

I liked Adams and wouldn't of minded him coming back to lcfc, with a bit of cash who knows what he could of acheived... although i dare say the average age of the club would have been '30+' again :whistle:

I liked Adams and wouldn't of minded him coming back to lcfc, with a bit of cash who knows what he could of acheived... although i dare say the average age of the club would have been '30+' again :whistle:

Well 25(ish)- hasn't worked has it?!

(I don't actually know the average age of the current squad just guessing it is around the 25- mark :dunno:

you see this is a massive Adams Misconception he had money and a good slice he just thought it better to spend it the wrong way!!!

we had a chance of signing Reo Coker for £500000 which he didn't think was a worthwhile investment but thought it better to give donkeys like Steve Howey, Craig Hignett Dion Dublin, Jason Wilcox, Nathan Blake, Scott Gemmill and Martin Keown big contracts he thought it was better to sign and old donkey pay him a fortune than sign a young up and coming player and give him a normal wage

Adams had a decent amount of money just spent it totally the wrong way, infact you could say he totally wasted it

Similar to what Martin Allen said the other day it's not about big names it's about players with the hunger and the desire to play for the club Adams couldn't see that in any players and the ones that did have a bit of fight ran way as soon as nobody was looking

you see this is a massive Adams Misconception he had money and a good slice he just thought it better to spend it the wrong way!!!

we had a chance of signing Reo Coker for £500000 which he didn't think was a worthwhile investment but thought it better to give donkeys like Steve Howey, Craig Hignett Dion Dublin, Jason Wilcox, Nathan Blake, Scott Gemmill and Martin Keown big contracts he thought it was better to sign and old donkey pay him a fortune than sign a young up and coming player and give him a normal wage

Adams had a decent amount of money just spent it totally the wrong way, infact you could say he totally wasted it

Similar to what Martin Allen said the other day it's not about big names it's about players with the hunger and the desire to play for the club Adams couldn't see that in any players and the ones that did have a bit of fight ran way as soon as nobody was looking

Well said, I'd hazard a guess that his budget was bigger than Allen's will be if MM sticks to his £9mill over 3 seasons.

But they got us promoted didn't they?! Better than the young "footballers" young pissheads we currently have at the club. Fair enough on the other side of that arguement they got us relegated (From the premiership) and they did get us into trouble (Although they were innocent)

But they got us promoted didn't they?! Better than the young "footballers" young pissheads we currently have at the club. Fair enough on the other side of that arguement they got us relegated (From the premiership) and they did get us into trouble (Although they were innocent)

I don't think a single player he mentioned achieved promotion while at Leicester.

I don't think a single player he mentioned achieved promotion while at Leicester.

and the only Micky Adams signings who helped us get promotion was Bill Mckinley EVERYONE else was signed by previous managers

and the only Micky Adams signings who helped us get promotion was Bill Mckinley EVERYONE else was signed by previous managers

To be fair to the bloke he was the only player Micky Adams signed that season as well (Not counting Summerbee) :D And he did have a good crack at the Premier League, we were A) a bit unlucky and B) Not really good enough at the back. One decent Centre Half and we might of stayed up.

As well all know he was poor the season after and poor for Coventry.

Any good?

His name has been mentioned by a few MK fans - whats your honest opinion of him?

My honest opinion is, the guy's a willy puller! if we don't sack him before christmas, we're in REAL trouble. I said 7 years ago, (to anyone who'd listen) & I must be honest, not many people did, "if we appoint Peter Taylor, we will be relagated in 2 years" I was right, I also said when Micky Mouse was given the job, "we are now on a downward spiral that will be difficult to get out of" again, I was right, well, now it's time to say my piece again, "we are now heading in the same direction as Leeds & Forest" & thats a FACT! I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but lets face it, what credentials has Allen got?? he hasn't even got any championship experience, let alone Premiership, what chance have we got realistically? Mad dog! it seems to me the only mad dog around here is Mandaric for appointing him! What was wrong with, Coleman, Pearce, Souness? Ince, Gregory, Keegan? there are LITERALLY DOZENS of managers with a better cv than this muppet, we may as well have given the job to Filbert Fox! & who's Allens first target??????, RICHARD CRESSWELL!! what an asset he will be! Come back Taylor all is forgiven!

My honest opinion is, the guy's a willy puller! if we don't sack him before christmas, we're in REAL trouble. I said 7 years ago, (to anyone who'd listen) & I must be honest, not many people did, "if we appoint Peter Taylor, we will be relagated in 2 years" I was right, I also said when Micky Mouse was given the job, "we are now on a downward spiral that will be difficult to get out of" again, I was right, well, now it's time to say my piece again, "we are now heading in the same direction as Leeds & Forest" & thats a FACT! I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but lets face it, what credentials has Allen got?? he hasn't eve got any championship experience, let alone Premiership, what chance have we got realistically? Mad dog! it seems to me the only mad dog around here is Mandaric for appointing him! What was wrong with, Coleman, Pearce, Souness? Ince, Gregory, Keegan? there are LITERALLY DOZENS of managers with a better cv than this muppet, we may as well have given the job to Filbert Fox! & who's Allens first target??????, RICHARD CRESSWELL!! what an asset he will be! Come back Taylor all is forgiven!

Were talking about Micky Adams mate! :thumbup:

My honest opinion is, the guy's a willy puller! if we don't sack him before christmas, we're in REAL trouble. I said 7 years ago, (to anyone who'd listen) & I must be honest, not many people did, "if we appoint Peter Taylor, we will be relagated in 2 years" I was right, I also said when Micky Mouse was given the job, "we are now on a downward spiral that will be difficult to get out of" again, I was right, well, now it's time to say my piece again, "we are now heading in the same direction as Leeds & Forest" & thats a FACT! I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but lets face it, what credentials has Allen got?? he hasn't eve got any championship experience, let alone Premiership, what chance have we got realistically? Mad dog! it seems to me the only mad dog around here is Mandaric for appointing him! What was wrong with, Coleman, Pearce, Souness? Ince, Gregory, Keegan? there are LITERALLY DOZENS of managers with a better cv than this muppet, we may as well have given the job to Filbert Fox! & who's Allens first target??????, RICHARD CRESSWELL!! what an asset he will be! Come back Taylor all is forgiven!

I'd answer this but I'm back to work on Tuesday and I'd rather not spend the entire next two days writing out an essay on here.

Quite aside from the fact you've quoted completely the wrong person and slagged off Martin Allen in a thread about Micky Adams.

It's time to ditch the negativity and give our new manager some support rather than lining up desperate to be the first to say "I told you so".

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

I'd answer this but I'm back to work on Tuesday and I'd rather not spend the entire next two days writing out an essay on here.

Quite aside from the fact you've quoted completely the wrong person and slagged off Martin Allen in a thread about Micky Adams.

It's time to ditch the negativity and give our new manager some support rather than lining up desperate to be the first to say "I told you so".

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Please, feel free to write your essay, football is about opinions, we're all city fans here, if we all felt the same it'd be a little boring wouldn't it? apologies for misunderstanding the thread though, I just needed to air my views on Allen.

So you start talking about experience and saying how Martin Allen hasn't got any in the championship, then you go on too say there are better managers than him around and mention Paul Ince were is his experience in the championship as a manager?? Also who was Watford's manager when he got the promoted a year ago was that a experienced manager with a great c.v?? No it was Aidy Boothrooyd who got them out of the championship at the first attempt. All because they don't have experience alot of these young up and coming managers have passion,hunger and a will too win. This is what we have been lacking for a number of years. Good choice is my view

So you start talking about experience and saying how Martin Allen hasn't got any in the championship, then you go on too say there are better managers than him around and mention Paul Ince were is his experience in the championship as a manager?? Also who was Watford's manager when he got the promoted a year ago was that a experienced manager with a great c.v?? No it was Aidy Boothrooyd who got them out of the championship at the first attempt. All because they don't have experience alot of these young up and coming managers have passion,hunger and a will too win. This is what we have been lacking for a number of years. Good choice is my view

Good point. Maybe Ince wasn't a good example, when I'm arguing Allens lack of experience, however, when Ince tookover at Macc' they were bottom of the table about 8pts adrift if my memory serves me well, & he dragged them out of it, & they finished 3rd from bottom, 12pts clear, this, I would put down to the respect his players will have given him because of who he is & what he achieved as a player, Martin Allen on the other hand, will not get that respect from players, because as a player himself, achieved nothing. Coleman has premiership experience, which is always useful, Keegan hauled 3 clubs up the league, the results of his hard work are plain to see, Newcastle, Man City & Fulham are now all stable, established Premiership clubs because of the foundations he laid. Souness has won at least 1 trophy at every club he's managed apart from Southampton & Newcastle, he also has Premiership experience & respect, Pearce has premiership experience & respect & likewise with Gregory. I hope I'm wrong, but somehow I'm not filled with optimism, & I'm certainly not looking forward to next season as much as I was.

Good point. Maybe Ince wasn't a good example, when I'm arguing Allens lack of experience, however, when Ince tookover at Macc' they were bottom of the table about 8pts adrift if my memory serves me well, & he dragged them out of it, & they finished 3rd from bottom, 12pts clear, this, I would put down to the respect his players will have given him because of who he is & what he achieved as a player, Martin Allen on the other hand, will not get that respect from players, because as a player himself, achieved nothing. Coleman has premiership experience, which is always useful, Keegan hauled 3 clubs up the league, the results of his hard work are plain to see, Newcastle, Man City & Fulham are now all stable, established Premiership clubs because of the foundations he laid. Souness has won at least 1 trophy at every club he's managed apart from Southampton & Newcastle, he also has Premiership experience & respect, Pearce has premiership experience & respect & likewise with Gregory. I hope I'm wrong, but somehow I'm not filled with optimism, & I'm certainly not looking forward to next season as much as I was.

Keegan wasn't available. Souness appears to be more interested in investing in clubs rather than managing them (and is a cunt.) Coleman, Gregory or Pearce have achieved no more than Allen. And Macclesfield only finished 12 points clear because Boston took admin. They could have been relegated on the last day so that's a bit misleading.

I don't think any of the managers you have mentioned would have been a guaranteed success. They're either (arguably failed) Premiership managers who have never won anything and haven't managed in the Championship before, relatively unproven lower league managers or veteran managers who haven't had a job for more than a year

The reason why Maccesfield finished 12 points clear is because Boston got deducted points.

Kevin Keegan spent over 50 million pounds while at Man City and nearly got them releagted.

Chris Coleman never did anything special at Fulham and got sacked before he releagted them.

Graeme Souness has fell out with at least 3 players at every club he has been at, and what LCFC fans would have wanted him???

Stuart Pearce did a good job when he first took over at Man City, then led them in to trouble the following season with some terrible as signings e.g Corradi, Samaras. Also would like too concentrate on the under 21's

I'm gonna get slaughtered here but me personally, I didn't think he was that bad, He was forced out here I wanted him to stay, He did bring very old players (But you have to remember we were in the market of a) Not having money to sign players and b) Not able to sign players) here and we did need to have a new team (Pretty much) every season, but what made me laugh was the fact he got us promoted (He ran out of contract that summer and almost everyone was hoping and praying he'd sign a new one...Giving him the "new MON" tag because he got us promoted :rolleyes::yawn: he did sign a new contract) then when we wasn't doing too well in the Premiership (Which was obviously to be expected) and then we got relegated and he was gone.

On a whole could do better but not bad!

I agree with all of that.

Mickey Adams is alright if you want a team full of over 30's...........

Someone posted that he only goes for teams "with potential".......... MK Dons will have a 30,000 all seater stadium from the start of next season. In League 2 I would say that is proof of potential.

Keegan wasn't available. Souness appears to be more interested in investing in clubs rather than managing them (and is a cunt.) Coleman, Gregory or Pearce have achieved no more than Allen. And Macclesfield only finished 12 points clear because Boston took admin. They could have been relegated on the last day so that's a bit misleading.

I don't think any of the managers you have mentioned would have been a guaranteed success. They're either (arguably failed) Premiership managers who have never won anything and haven't managed in the Championship before, relatively unproven lower league managers or veteran managers who haven't had a job for more than a year

I think you'll find Boston were only actually deducted 10pts, those 10 would STILL not have relegated Macclesfield, it all boils down to motivation & respect, Martin Allen has neither. As for Gregory, Coleman & Pearce achieving no more than Allen, I think managing in the premiership is SIGNIFICANTLY more! As for Keegan not being available, only he can tell you that, Souness, a ****? a clever one then, with a shed full of medals? He has respect & stature within the game, & the only players he ever fell out with were twats, Bellamy for example would fall out with his own shadow. And on a final note, surely, a failed premiership manager is better than an un-proven lower division wannabe??

And on a final note, surely, a failed premiership manager is better than an un-proven lower division wannabe??

One is just as much a gamble as the other, in fact all managerial appointments are a gamble, even previously successful managers fail on a regular basis.

I think you'll find Boston were only actually deducted 10pts, those 10 would STILL not have relegated Macclesfield, it all boils down to motivation & respect, Martin Allen has neither. As for Gregory, Coleman & Pearce achieving no more than Allen, I think managing in the premiership is SIGNIFICANTLY more! As for Keegan not being available, only he can tell you that, Souness, a ****? a clever one then, with a shed full of medals? He has respect & stature within the game, & the only players he ever fell out with were twats, Bellamy for example would fall out with his own shadow. And on a final note, surely, a failed premiership manager is better than an un-proven lower division wannabe??

And how did they get to manage in the Premiership? At some point, some club had to give them a chance, it must have been a gamble to give them the chance and it obviously paid off, I hate to live on past reputation but MON, who was he before he come to Leicester?

And how did they get to manage in the Premiership? At some point, some club had to give them a chance, it must have been a gamble to give them the chance and it obviously paid off, I hate to live on past reputation but MON, who was he before he come to Leicester?

Yes, but WHY is it always us that has to give them a chance? we can't win, if he is successful, he'll bugger off somewhere else without a bye or a thankyou, & if he's not, we pay the price of more failure. Thats why a tried & tested manager has to be a better bet, because he'll have tried his hand at 'bigger clubs' probably failed, & would therefore have no desire to leave for pastures new. As for the MON thing, he was a one off, I don't think ANY club will un-earth another O'Neill, & if you cast your mind back to '96, NONE of us wanted O'Neill, but he proved us wrong, as for Taylor, Bassett, Adams, Levein, the vast majority of us didn't want them either, & we were proved right, on the other hand, I liked Kelly from the off, but alas, that didn't work out so in the last 11 yrs, we've now appointed 7 managers, (if you count Worthington & discounting Allen) they've all lacked experience, & 6 have failed, & this, the 8th, is, I fear, about to crash & burn :frusty:

Yes, but WHY is it always us that has to give them a chance? we can't win, if he is successful, he'll bugger off somewhere else without a bye or a thankyou, & if he's not, we pay the price of more failure. Thats why a tried & tested manager has to be a better bet, because he'll have tried his hand at 'bigger clubs' probably failed, & would therefore have no desire to leave for pastures new. As for the MON thing, he was a one off, I don't think ANY club will un-earth another O'Neill, & if you cast your mind back to '96, NONE of us wanted O'Neill, but he proved us wrong, as for Taylor, Bassett, Adams, Levein, the vast majority of us didn't want them either, & we were proved right, on the other hand, I liked Kelly from the off, but alas, that didn't work out so in the last 11 yrs, we've now appointed 7 managers, (if you count Worthington & discounting Allen) they've all lacked experience, & 6 have failed, & this, the 8th, is, I fear, about to crash & burn :frusty:

I'm sorry, but ... you what?

I don't recall the vibe surrounding Levein's appointment as being overly negative at all. I wouldn't say 'the vast majority' didn't want him here... because frankly that's bollocks. So you can remove Levein from that list. As for the other three, I can only imagine Bassett would have a majority against. I reckon you've sensationalised your comment by labelling those who had no strong opinion at all in either direction as being 'against' the manager. :whistle:

Adams hardly failed either... under difficult circumstances he got us back into the Premiership at the first time of asking (major achievement). Granted he didn't keep us there and the wheels came off soon after... but Promotion alone - by finishing second in the league - makes him a damn sight more successful than any of the managers since MON himself - by a country mile. It didn't last, but we were in such a mess it was a tall ask to make it so.

You're going to need to rustle up something to support your 'vast majority' comment.

As for the comment I've italicized... wow. For one thing, I think Bassett would like to take you up on that comment. :whistle:

Archived