Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

Us to do a Derby next season?

Derby finished not far from relegation last season, have spent 5 years in the Championship, brought in a young and enthusiastic manager in the summer, had a 3 year plan to get back into the Premiership..........and now they're there after the one season.

Sound familiar? :whistle:

No chance, they have a manager who got Preston in the play-offs two years running. Who knows what impact MA will have.

Mallen has taken Brentford and MK dons into the play offs two years running

:frusty:

Im not saying that guarantees success for next season, though.

I keep telling people this is what will happen. Derby completly re-vamped the board and backroom staff as well when Davies came in.

All resulted from protests from the fans.

I know he has, but Davies did it in the Championship, i suppose that comment came across as an anit-Allen post, i'm certainly not, but no doubt i'm sure i wasnt the only person expecting Derby to something this year with BD.

Big step up to this level though. There are lots of teams in this league all in the same situation as us, and most of them better than us. If Allen can get us in the top half id be happy.

I keep telling people this is what will happen. Derby completly re-vamped the board and backroom staff as well when Davies came in.

All resulted from protests from the fans.

derby will come staight back down unless they make significant signings this summer. they were crap today one shot the whole of the second half. still thats all you need if your opponents dont look like scoring. really thought WBA forward line would do better than they did.

derby will come staight back down unless they make significant signings this summer. they were crap today one shot the whole of the second half. still thats all you need if your opponents dont look like scoring. really thought WBA forward line would do better than they did.

Derby play very clever football. They attack in numbers when they need to and then all drop back when they need to defend. They work as a complete Unit.

Sorry to say, but its true.

I hope Allen can do just what martin o'neil did. With a few fantastic signings and good financial backing, i belive we can be the clones of derby next season! (bastud sheep-shaggers!)

:rolleyes:

Don't we all.

Here we go again, comparing the new man with MON :frusty:

Its possible, and perhaps thats the important thing what Derby did today and over the course of the season should give us the belife that the right leadership at a club can drive a club to great things... it would take a miracle for us to do as Derby have done IMHO, but that doesnt mean that we cant do it nor should it mean that a "new model LCFC" as we should have in a few weeks will be able to seriously challenge at the top of the table.

One important thing to remember is that while there was nearly a total change around in their playing staff, Davies didnt spend a stupid amount of money... freebies, youngsters and Prem "burn-outs" fueled Derby's promotion and i dont see why we cant look to do the same.

maybe we will do a watford?

or when we are 14th at xmas do a palace?

or almost do a colchester and sneak in with 2 games to go?

or even do a ....

feck knows. all we have got is a brand new manager, no players in and no deadwood out. lets wait and see before we make assumptions.

You will kind of do a D*rby next season,as in getting to the playoffs but unlike them you won't win the playoffs,falling at the semi finals.

Just like you did then? :whistle:

Sorry that was uncalled for. :unsure:

Just like you did then? :whistle:

Sorry that was uncalled for. :unsure:

Yes you are really nasty...F**est have to go a whole season in the wilderness and even if they are promoted as champions with maximum points they are only going to be where we are now in the 2008/2009 season! :whistle::thumbup:;):Dlol

I think it's a posibility but I defo hope we don't play shit football like derby and scrape 1-0's all the damn time, I know a sheep fan and he says it's awful to watch but they kept on winning !!

Archived