Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

Us to do a Derby next season?

I think it's a posibility but I defo hope we don't play shit football like derby and scrape 1-0's all the damn time, I know a sheep fan and he says it's awful to watch but they kept on winning !!

As long as we can hold on to the 1-0 leads, im not fussed.

Mid-table and proud of it.

There will be a spate of "We are almost in the play-off zone, will we do it?" threads but the answer then, as it is now, is 'no'.

We will not go up next season, and I hope people don't over-hype our chances only to then start berating everyone when we fail to achieve the impossible.

We need a period on consolidation to build the club in all areas so that we would be ready to exist in the Championship let alone the Premiership. Milan inherited a husk of a club, a quite useless empty vessel that without his influence would surely be looking at relegation next season. We are starting from a very low bench mark...let's just be realistic about it all.

I doubt you'll do what we did next season. Ok, you have a new board and a new manager but he is unproven at this level. Ok he's done well in getting teams into the Play-Offs but this division is completly different to those.

It's clear that you need to build a whole new side. On Monday, we only had three players in the team who were with us at the start of the season, we got a completly new squad. Something that you'll have to do. Whether you can or not, we'll have to see.

Most clubs in this divison have a three year plan. There's nothing special in that. What you need for next season is to be content with finishing mid-table. Make sure that you're in the same division next season and then push on for the Play-Offs / Automatic.

In my opinion, teams are pretty poor if they cant make the Play-Offs. The teams coming up are the ones who just want to survive. The rest should be pushing for one of those promotion spots.

The key is to be patient.

I predict a mid-table finish of 13th for next season.

I don't see why we couldn't get into the playoffs but I am realistically hoping for about 9th or 10th after a season of restructuring. The only way that I see us getting up is by playing as Derby have...and tbh I don't think we will have the players to do that. Kelly proved that this season and with the players we are being linked with at the moment I think we will have to score a lot of goals this season if we want a midtable.

As long as we improve I will be happy. I think Allen is capable of getting us into that position and if he does then I think he will have done a good job. Hopefully then we will be able to attract more ambitious players and can get some real quality in the side next summer and push on for promotion by playing some good football in the 08/09 season.

Realistically - that horrible word we've had to get so used to in recent seasons - we're still playing catch-up.

We were playing catch-up last pre-season, then again when we missed out on the last transfer window, again when our new manager was ages in being decided and again now that the manager's gone on holiday.

One day perhaps everything and everyone at Leicester will be around when we need them/it.

But given that continuing catch-up situation - and given that MA won't be emptying the biggest available wallet - I'd say anything inside the top eight will be praiseworthy.

It won't prove that the new manager is the right man to get us up - that depends on the way he plays, the quality of his signings, whether he proves himself astute and imaginative against better managers, whether he tackles the job fairly and acceptably etc. etc..

But I'm sure the bloke will give us a platform that is not there right now.

Because, make no mistake, only isolated fragments, if that, of Levein's young and hungry plan will remain as evidence that the once-promising policy ever existed. And Kelly, for his part, left us nothing, not even the odd good player which he'd dug up and surprised us with.

So apart from any of the Beagle's pups who he might decide are worth persevering with - and I wouldn't hold my breath on that one - Allen really is starting from scratch. Others will have a considerable head start.

Mid-table and proud of it.

There will be a spate of "We are almost in the play-off zone, will we do it?" threads but the answer then, as it is now, is 'no'.

We will not go up next season, and I hope people don't over-hype our chances only to then start berating everyone when we fail to achieve the impossible.

We need a period on consolidation to build the club in all areas so that we would be ready to exist in the Championship let alone the Premiership. Milan inherited a husk of a club, a quite useless empty vessel that without his influence would surely be looking at relegation next season. We are starting from a very low bench mark...let's just be realistic about it all.

we are going up say we are going up.

i can see it now. hume and mattock the only survivors in 12 months time bouncing up and down to that tune as they lift the championship trophy together after we beat Cov 6-0 at home.

Because, make no mistake, only isolated fragments, if that, of Levein's young and hungry plan will remain as evidence that the once-promising policy ever existed. And Kelly, for his part, left us nothing, not even the odd good player which he'd dug up and surprised us with.

What about McAuley?

Decent player for this division - a lack of pace perhaps, but if you've got a good footballing brain (Which he has) then your positioning and know how counters that. One of our better players last season with Kisnorbo. He looked even more assured when we had a settled back 4.

I would say he's surprised a few people as well. One of the best, if not the best defender in League 2, he made the step up with ease.

Archived