Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ben

Ian Walker

I thought he was over rated, mogadon man always look half asleep to me. Didn't command his area and wasn't that hot on crosses. I can't believe there isn't better and cheaper as a back up as I certainly wouldn't have him as my number one, we need a goalie that's going to be unmoveable for at least 3 years.

Richard Wright was born in Ipswich and was also the first club he played for but although it would be nice for him to go back to his hometown and play for his old club, I think the how football is now Milans £££ would be able to tempt him to the Walkers.

He had to go really to be fair. His wages must have been too large for us to cope with...

As for him coming back, we could do better now surely?

Well Rab D was probably on £10,000 a week and the odds of Walker having something there and there abouts is very likely, and so we have to say, who's/was better Rab or Ian Walker?

Well Rab D was probably on £10,000 a week and the odds of Walker having something there and there abouts is very likely, and so we have to say, who's/was better Rab or Ian Walker?

Walker obviously.

The problem was nobody wanted to take Rab of us and it would of cost to much to release him on such a big contract. :rolleyes:

well I have heard Rab is on around £8000 a week and have heard many people saying that Walker was on Between £15-20000 a week!!

he was also signed at the time our board was handing out stupidly large contracts to anybody who wanted one so it is more than possible he was on even more money imo

I doubt Rab is on more than £5k/week. Walker was on £25K/week or there abouts.

I doubt Rab is on more than £5k/week. Walker was on £25K/week or there abouts.

Rab is apparently on quite a packet for a Championship player.

And the bloke wasn't dodgy on crosses, he was none existent, I reckon someone kept super glueing him to his line for a laugh.

My mate lives on Banks Road (Next to the training ground) and he said he saw a car with registration 'W4LKER 1' - all I'm saying is it is a coincidence.

Originally i told him bullshit but seeing as it was in the magazine, maybe he wasn't lying.

He was decent enough - a few years ago, when he played as regularly as he could.

He's now several years older - and without much by the way of match practice in the recent past.

I can think of much better things to spend that kind of money on - some midfielders perhaps. Besides, if we insist on bringing in a new keeper, he should be a new first choice keeper - I don't think Walker really fits the bill any more. :ermm:

Ian Walker - if still fit then yes please!!!

I think one or two people in here are forgetting how class he was that last season in the premiership - he was being talked about for an England recall FFS, hence why Bolton signed him. He's not even that old for a keeper and I'd take a fit Walker over Richard Wright any day of the week.

He was decent enough - a few years ago, when he played as regularly as he could.

He's now several years older - and without much by the way of match practice in the recent past.

I can think of much better things to spend that kind of money on - some midfielders perhaps. Besides, if we insist on bringing in a new keeper, he should be a new first choice keeper - I don't think Walker really fits the bill any more. :ermm:

have to agree.....Walker was a good City Keeper, (except for the period when he seemed to be throwing the ball into his own net :frusty::frusty::frusty: ) but his best days are behind him now

Ian Walker - if still fit then yes please!!!

I think one or two people in here are forgetting how class he was that last season in the premiership - he was being talked about for an England recall FFS, hence why Bolton signed him. He's not even that old for a keeper and I'd take a fit Walker over Richard Wright any day of the week.

i'd take both :whistle:

Archived