Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

Allen

Calm down dons boy, you'll have to get three straight promotions before playing us, your loyal boss is taking us to the prem mate, cya in the glory land !! haha

You reckon?

I hope he does for your sake but i'll be astounded if he does.

He couldn't take us up even by getting in loads of Championship players and when he gets to you lot he most likely isn't going to be able to get quality players to move down from the Premiership and one thing he definitely hasn't got is an eye for up and coming talent. All of the young hopefuls he brought in like Joe Tillen and John Hastings didn't cut it at all.

You reckon?

I hope he does for your sake but i'll be astounded if he does.

He couldn't take us up even by getting in loads of Championship players and when he gets to you lot he most likely isn't going to be able to get quality players to move down from the Premiership and one thing he definitely hasn't got is an eye for up and coming talent. All of the young hopefuls he brought in like Joe Tillen and John Hastings didn't cut it at all.

who were the champioship players that he brought in :dunno:

who were the champioship players that he brought in :dunno:

Diallo, McGovern, Andrews, Knight (Well, he's played at Championship level) Taylor, Dyer

Those that I can think of. Might be a few more.

Diallo, McGovern, Andrews, Knight (Well, he's played at Championship level) Taylor, Dyer

Those that I can think of. Might be a few more.

I think you got them all there. I can't think of any more, unless you do count McCleod but he wasn't Derby first team when they got him and Wilbraham was from Hull but I think just before they got promoted.

I think you got them all there. I can't think of any more, unless you do count McCleod but he wasn't Derby first team when they got him and Wilbraham was from Hull but I think just before they got promoted.

Mickey Adams wants Mk Dons job.

Mickey Adams wants Mk Dons job.

Yeah, i've just read that in our local rag, although I had heard a rumour.

Both Micky Adams and Newell are pretty high calibre. It would be would be hard to choose between the two really.

The ironic thing is that Allen went your way and we could well be getting either an ex manager or player of yours.

Yeah, i've just read that in our local rag, although I had heard a rumour.

Both Micky Adams and Newell are pretty high calibre. It would be would be hard to choose between the two really.

The ironic thing is that Allen went your way and we could well be getting either an ex manager or player of yours.

I read the citizen.

I would go for Newell personally. I'm not convinced Mickey Adams is the sort of manager you're looking for. But either one of them would be ok.

It's quite alright, MK Dons are now officially Leicester City's feeder club. Still don’t understand why Mk Dons fans just don’t support Leicester anyway???

I read the citizen.

I would go for Newell personally. I'm not convinced Mickey Adams is the sort of manager you're looking for. But either one of them would be ok.

It's quite alright, MK Dons are now officially Leicester City's feeder club. Still don’t understand why Mk Dons fans just don’t support Leicester anyway???

Are you sure Leicester aren't our feeder club? After all, it looks like we're interviewing one of your ex managers and players. Or perhaps we're just a Leicester City refugee camp.

And why would we want to support Leicester...lol? The majority of the MK population is from London, so, oh yeah, like we're all going to start supporting Leicester down here? The only time that could happen would be if London was obliterated in a nuclear attack and even then i'm not too sure if Leicester would be in with a chance.

They look so rubbish. When you pass them on the train from London the first thing you see when passing MK are those rubbish dinosaurs. Why are they there?

Art in the community. Slightly more shit than care in the community. :)

I read the citizen.

Newell would be a cracking option if he could be persuaded. It'd be interesting to see how long it took MK to overtake us if he stuck at it and got proper backing from the board.

Newell would be a cracking option if he could be persuaded. It'd be interesting to see how long it took MK to overtake us if he stuck at it and got proper backing from the board.

What are you suggesting Thracian? You appear to be wary, why scratch your chin?

The Dons are a sleeping giant that could easily snowball into a team that gets at least into the Championship. With the right guidance we have the population and potential fanbase to equal and if not exceed smaller towns like Reading and Watford.

Before Wimbledon moved in we were the largest town in Europe without a professional football team.

The one thing that the MK Dons don't want is another Allen coming in simply because he's short on options at the time, then having a massive clearout only to leave in under a year because something better's turned up.

The Dons chairman has said that in the forthcoming managerial interviews he's not going to spend his time selling the club's ambitions etc, to the manager, he wants the manager to say what he can do for the club and it looks like we may be in a position to do that this time round.

The Dons are a sleeping giant that could easily snowball into a team that gets at least into the Championship. With the right guidance we have the population and potential fanbase to equal and if not exceed smaller towns like Reading and Watford.

Before Wimbledon moved in we were the largest town in Europe without a professional football team.

The one thing that the MK Dons don't want is another Allen coming in simply because he's short on options at the time, then having a massive clearout only to leave in under a year because something better's turned up.

The Dons chairman has said that in the forthcoming managerial interviews he's not going to spend his time selling the club's ambitions etc, to the manager, he wants the manager to say what he can do for the club and it looks like we may be in a position to do that this time round.

That's complete nonsense, I can officially say THE DONS are not a sleeping giant. Go to the Hockey Stadium on Saturday and all see are single parents, 15 year old lads giving it the 'fcking Ave it Dons innit man', and Anglia news fans.

That's complete nonsense, I can officially say THE DONS are not a sleeping giant. Go to Hockey Stadium on Saturday and all see are single parents, 15 year old lads giving it the 'fcking Ave it Dons innit man', and Anglia news fans.

Regardless of our fans various social backgrounds and your discrimination towards them they are supporters that have paid to watch their team - which is no bad thing for any club.

So your view of our supporter demographics officially determines whether the club is likely to succeed then does it? Nonsense!

According to Roy Keane the most successful club in the country is supported by a bunch of prawn sandwich eaters from all over the country and it hasn't done them much harm has it?

Regardless of their social backgrounds and your discrimination towards them they are supporters that have paid to watch their club.

So your view of our supporter demographics officially determines whether the club is likely to succeed then does it? Nonsense!

According to Roy Keane the most successful club in this country is supported by a bunch prawn sandwich eaters from all over the country and it hasn't done them much harm has it?

I'm sorry but that's the reality.

Nobody from Milton Keynes actually supports them. They say "Yeah wouldn't mind if the Dons went up might watch the odd game or two" or "My son doesn't actually support MK Dons he's really a Newcastle fan, just goes along cos they're local"

Regardless of their social backgrounds and your discrimination towards them they are supporters that have paid to watch their club.

According to Roy Keane the most successful club in this country is supported by a bunch prawn sandwich eaters from all over the country and it hasn't done them much harm has it?

The rise of Manchester United has alot to do with floating the company on the stock market much earlier than other clubs and little to do with their current support.

The rise of Manchester United has alot to do with floating the company on the stock market much earlier than other clubs and little to do with their current support.

True, that played a large part but traditionally being the largest supported club in the country and lucrative merchandise spin-offs related to that support may have played a part in it.

If Old Trafford didn't have queues round the block do you think a flotation would've been half as successful or even happened?

He can do better than a small-time club like the MK Dons, so can Mike Newell.

Well Adams and Newell have been unemployed since January amd March respectively, so perhaps hot offers are fewer on the ground then you imagine and the necessity to have to pay their bills is reality.

I'm sorry but that's the reality.

Nobody from Milton Keynes actually supports them. They say "Yeah wouldn't mind if the Dons went up might watch the odd game or two" or "My son doesn't actually support MK Dons he's really a Newcastle fan, just goes along cos they're local"

Who cares where their loyalties lie as long as they pay to watch?

Do you suggest that clubs start introducing lie detector tests at the turnstiles so they can instantly eject any charlatan non-believers?

IMHO it's a very good thing that attendances are made up of a cross section of society and lots of families go. Those of us that can remember the scary bad old days of going to matches wouldn't turn back the clock.

Well Adams and Newell have been unemployed since January amd March respectively, so perhaps hot offers are fewer on the ground then you imagine and the necessity to have to pay their bills is reality.

We like you on here, we’ve welcomed you to our astonishing football forum with open arms. We felt a connection, you suckled from our proverbial teat. But just because your departed temporary manager has moved to the humongous club that is Leicester City, doesn’t make you anywhere near what this club stands for. Sorry Red, but that's just the way it is.

We like you on here, we’ve welcomed you to our astonishing football forum with open arms. We felt a connection, you suckled from our proverbial teat. But just because your departed temporary manager has moved to the humongous club that is Leicester City, doesn’t make you anywhere near what this club stands for. Sorry Red, but that's just the way it is.

Fair comment that only time can change.

Red has a point about the fan base though. I'm on my 4th year's season ticket and through the 3 relegation fights, attendances rose, and more people have bought season tickets year on year. Apparently 5000 sold already for 07/08 which is actually damn good going for a League Two team (Not far off the smaller teams in the Championship).

The youth support is definitely growing and they will make the club their own, even if dad is wearing an Arsenal shirt under his fleece...

Fair comment that only time can change.

Red has a point about the fan base though. I'm on my 4th year's season ticket and through the 3 relegation fights, attendances rose, and more people have bought season tickets year on year. Apparently 5000 sold already for 07/08 which is actually damn good going for a League Two team (Not far off the smaller teams in the Championship).

The youth support is definitely growing and they will make the club their own, even if dad is wearing an Arsenal shirt under his fleece...

The fact you’re even comparing your Cows team to Leicester is a joke. Have you lost your minds or something? Why support them? Who are you, why do things the things you do?

Archived