Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

Allen

No problems. Usually, the people who say MK is a dump have never been here. Some of it is sh*te, some of it good. Same as London, and probably everywhere, really.

Any road up, I hope that you enjoy MA, he certainly made some changes down here. Unfortunately, his style of play caused as many problems as the whole MKDons coming into being issue, a lot of fans on the net were vocal in their dislike of his tactics and the pressure put opon the officials. Be ready for some 'feedback'.

Nice place, Woburn.

Yeah I agree. I think it depends what you're used to. I suspect a lot people from Leicester think it's a bit rubbish in parts there.

I believe he'll be quite successful for us, i don't really think you can compare the football played at league 1 to the championship.

It's ok. Where you from?

I wouldn't say Milton Keyens is a shit hole. It's just totatlly bizzare.

In what way ? And don't mention the roundabouts, they serve a purpose in keeping the traffic moving (usually). They also fill in the holes at the corners of the housing estates.

I've been living here for over 20 years, and I can say that parts of MK are sh*te. Whether that's down to the planners or the people who live there is another subject.

In what way ? And don't mention the roundabouts, they serve a purpose in keeping the traffic moving (usually). They also fill in the holes at the corners of the housing estates.

I've been living here for over 20 years, and I can say that parts of MK are sh*te. Whether that's down to the planners or the people who live there is another subject.

Like Fishermead. lol

Sorry but you can't help but mention the roundabouts, the block system, the way theres seems to be no centre, oh and the away stand at the National Hockey Stadium either is or feels like it's on wheels. :D

I didn't say it was bad, it's just....different.

Yeah I agree. I think it depends what you're used to. I suspect a lot people from Leicester think it's a bit rubbish in parts there.

I believe he'll be quite successful for us, i don't really think you can compare the football played at league 1 to the championship.

It's ok. Where you from?

Originally ? South London (Catford, Lewisham, New Cross, you want to talk about sh*te areas ??) but I've lived near the centre of MK for over 20 years. I still support my old teams down there, but I've always had a soft spot for the foxes since my hero Keith Weller played for you. Those tights !!

Sorry but you can't help but mention the roundabouts, the block system, the way theres seems to be no centre, oh and the away stand at the National Hockey Stadium either is or feels like it's on wheels. :D

Were you there for the pre season game then? Tommy Wright that day was better than Rooney

Were yo there for the pre season game then? Tommy Wright that day was better than Rooney

No, I went MK dons Swindon before they both got relegated, Izale McLeod was better than Rooney that day. Still don't want him here though lol

Different, I can live with different. For the first few years up here, there was no big railway station, no shopping centre, hardly any finished roads. It's still not finished.

The away stand was on wheels, it came from Silverstone ! They're dismantling it as we speak.

No problems. Usually, the people who say MK is a dump have never been here. Some of it is sh*te, some of it good. Same as London, and probably everywhere, really.

Any road up, I hope that you enjoy MA, he certainly made some changes down here. Unfortunately, his style of play caused as many problems as the whole MKDons coming into being issue, a lot of fans on the net were vocal in their dislike of his tactics and the pressure put opon the officials. Be ready for some 'feedback'.

Nice place, Woburn.

I certainly don't like the idea of intimidating or pressuring referees unduly or of stretching the rules in any way to gain undue advantage - whether it means us winning things or not.

And if I was a referee I would soon do something about it.

If we can't get up fairly I'd rather not bother. I don't care what others do, we should set standards for ourselves.

He's starting to sound like a bit of a bully to me.

But we'll see. The fans may have him all wrong.

I certainly don't like the idea of pressuring referees unduly or of stretching the rules in any way to gain advantage - whether it means us winning things or not. And if I was a referee I would soon do something about it.

If we can't get up fairly I'd rather not bother. I don't care what others do, we should set standards for ourselves.

He's starting to sound like a bit of a bully to me. And if there's one type of person I like less than cheats it's a bully.

But we will see.

I wouldn't say that he's a bully, but he has a very direct style when dealing with people. I had several opportunities to interact with him, and I'll keep my opinions to myself. Ignore the naysayers on here, just sit back and enjoy the ride. It certainly won't be boring.

The national hockey federation were content to rent the hockey stadium to the club. The cows are the original ones that were removed from their field and put into storage. It was a good use of a corner of the stadium, under the scoreboard.

As for living here, it's better than quite a few parts of London (where I came form). Can't speak about Leicester, as I haven't been there. Have you ever been to MK ?

I thought those cows were now on the Bedford Road, just off the Abbey Hill Roundabout?

I thought those cows were now on the Bedford Road, just off the Abbey Hill Roundabout?

The original cows were made by a local artist and displayed in a field near the railway line. Due to various acts of vandalism, the originals were removed and copies put in their place, with the originals going into storage. With the arrival of the football, the cows came out for some fresh air. The others are still in the field, still attracting tourists for photo opportunities.

The future of the cows is the subject of some debate. There should be enough room on the top tier for them to live and enjoy the football at the new stadium.

The original cows were made by a local artist and displayed in a field near the railway line. Due to various acts of vandalism, the originals were removed and copies put in their place, with the originals going into storage. With the arrival of the football, the cows came out for some fresh air. The others are still in the field, still attracting tourists for photo opportunities.

The future of the cows is the subject of some debate. There should be enough room on the top tier for them to live and enjoy the football at the new stadium.

So, what are the Bedford Road cattle then......imposters!!!

So, what are the Bedford Road cattle then......imposters!!!

Not wolves in cows clothing, just copies of the originals. It was funny when the vandalism was kept to painting them different colours (especially at Xmas) but when someone sawed their heads off, it was a joke too far, especially as they were classified as art.

I always preferred the dinosaurs meself.

Not wolves in cows clothing, just copies of the originals. It was funny when the vandalism was kept to painting them different colours (especially at Xmas) but when someone sawed their heads off, it was a joke too far, especially as they were classified as art.

I always preferred the dinosaurs meself.

They look so rubbish. When you pass them on the train from London the first thing you see when passing MK are those rubbish dinosaurs. Why are they there?

About the same chance as Milton Keynes winning the European City of Culture award.

You're not a fan of Milton Keynes itself then lol?

Admittedly Milton Keynes is no Paris, Florence or Rome but criticism coming from Leicester way...glass houses and stones

and all that.

I've lived here for 33 years and do a hell of a lot of travelling in my line of work and have to say it's only after all that travelling and seeing other places that I respect Milton keynes for what it is more then ever. I cover a region from Oxford over to the east coast...trust me when I tell you that it's one of the far better places around.

Archived