Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

Allen

http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/New...1029744,00.html

His thankyou message..... as follows

Good afternoon,

I must take this opportunity to thank everybody at Milton Keynes Dons Football Club for the help and support they have given me this past year.

I honestly feel that this club is now ready to take off. There is a tremendous squad of players and, with just a few additions, this squad of players will definitely be strong enough to get promotion next season and, in the season after, strong enough also to challenge at the top. Through this season, we have managed to win 25 league games and get 84 points, which would normally be enough for a promotion, but that wasn't to be. However, I don't personally feel that it will stop or slow down the growth and development of the club. Over time, Milton Keynes Dons Football Club is going to be big.

This opening came completely out of the blue and a two-division jump with the possibility of challenging to get a team into the Premiership is an incredible opportunity.

I must thank the Chairman. He is a unique character, his energy, his enthusiasm and his will is second to none. He has given me 100 per cent backing with players, staff and everything I have wanted to do. He is a great Chairman to work for and I am bitterly disappointed and very upset that I wasn't able to get that promotion, which was the bottom line, even though we have done good.

Lastly, I wish you all the very best of luck for the future. I'm sure magic times are ahead.

Best wishes and thank you.

Martin

well it'll take at least 2 seasons! :thumbup:

Well Championship is where we want to be and unless you get relegated 2 years it is!!.

Allen brought us loads of championship quality to this club and with a few additions I can't really see anything except promotion to Coca Cola League 1 where hopefully we will get decent crowds of 15,000+ in our 22,000 seater stadium and be playing against teams like Forest, Leeds and Luton.

Allen has been a credit to our club and now we are going in the right direction.

Well Championship is where we want to be and unless you get relegated 2 years it is!!.

Allen brought us loads of championship quality to this club and with a few additions I can't really see anything except promotion to Coca Cola League 1 where hopefully we will get decent crowds of 15,000+ in our 22,000 seater stadium lollollol and be playing against teams like Forest, Leeds and Luton.

Allen has been a credit to our club and now we are going in the right direction.

lollollol

lollollol

What's so funny? :mellow:

We're in the basement at the moment and at our old ground we got some huge 7,000-8,000 attendances at (it only held 9,000) that was with 2,000 season ticket holders.

We have sold just sold over 5,000 season tickets for next season and the ground holds around 21,000. I think we will just about half fill it next season getting about 9,000-11,000 if we do well.

So if we get promoted i'd imagine a 15,000 attendance ? :mellow:

Sorry but Forest at home is alot more attractive than erm Chesterfield or Barnet...

We're in the basement at the moment and at our old ground we got some huge 7,000-8,000 attendances at (it only held 9,000) that was with 2,000 season ticket holders.

We have sold just sold over 5,000 season tickets for next season and the ground holds around 21,000. I think we will just about half fill it next season getting about 9,000-11,000 if we do well.

Sorry but Forest at home is alot more attractive than erm Chesterfield or Barnet...

Things are looking positive, being an ex-bedfordian I wish you well! :thumbup:

If they give the smack heads and piss heads a free ticket when they get their script then maybe!

Good Luck anyway.

mkbarmyarmy allen said earlier this week that a lot of your goals came from your wingers getting the ball upto your front men. who plays on the wings for you :dunno: anyone good

Like the concrete cows and, well, the whole of Milton Keynes really.

Let's be honest - it's not a 'proper' town. :cool:

The Dons weren’t contempt with stealing the hockey stadium, they even up rooted the concrete cows and then plonked them in the corner of the football stadium in their own mini meadow I’m led to believe.

You're right, it's not a proper town. It’s pretty rubbish actually.

mkbarmyarmy allen said earlier this week that a lot of your goals came from your wingers getting the ball upto your front men. who plays on the wings for you :dunno: anyone good

Lloyd Dyer (Former West Brom) Winger (left)

Jon Paul McGovern (Former Sheff Weds) Winger (right)

seeing as i haven't seen them play are they any good

For that level, very good. McGovern was being suggested by some on here as worth bringing in last summer. He has suspect injury problems though, that's why Sheff Wed binned him.

The Dons weren’t contempt with stealing the hockey stadium, they even up rooted the concrete cows and then plonked them in the corner of the football stadium in their own mini meadow I’m led to believe.

You're right, it's not a proper town. It’s pretty rubbish actually.

The national hockey federation were content to rent the hockey stadium to the club. The cows are the original ones that were removed from their field and put into storage. It was a good use of a corner of the stadium, under the scoreboard.

As for living here, it's better than quite a few parts of London (where I came form). Can't speak about Leicester, as I haven't been there. Have you ever been to MK ?

The national hockey federation were content to rent the hockey stadium to the club. The cows are the original ones that were removed from their field and put into storage. It was a good use of a corner of the stadium, under the scoreboard.

As for living here, it's better than quite a few parts of London (where I came form). Can't speak about Leicester, as I haven't been there. Have you ever been to MK ?

Yes i have, many times. I'm not from Leicester :ph34r:

I live in Woburn.

Yes i have, many times. I'm not from Leicester :ph34r:

No problems. Usually, the people who say MK is a dump have never been here. Some of it is sh*te, some of it good. Same as London, and probably everywhere, really.

Any road up, I hope that you enjoy MA, he certainly made some changes down here. Unfortunately, his style of play caused as many problems as the whole MKDons coming into being issue, a lot of fans on the net were vocal in their dislike of his tactics and the pressure put opon the officials. Be ready for some 'feedback'.

Nice place, Woburn.

No problems. Usually, the people who say MK is a dump have never been here. Some of it is sh*te, some of it good. Same as London, and probably everywhere, really.

Any road up, I hope that you enjoy MA, he certainly made some changes down here. Unfortunately, his style of play caused as many problems as the whole MKDons coming into being issue, a lot of fans on the net were vocal in their dislike of his tactics and the pressure put opon the officials. Be ready for some 'feedback'.

Nice place, Woburn.

I wouldn't say Milton Keyens is a shit hole. It's just totatlly bizzare.

Archived