Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Magnificent Seven - According to the Mercury?

Who would you choose?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. One Only!

• Arjan De Zeeuw
    • Radostin Kishishev
    • Bruno N'Gotty
    • Lee Hendrie
    • Svetoslav Todorov
    • Izale McLeod
    • Richard Cresswell

The Mercury has identified 7 players we've been linked with. If you had to choose only one of them who would it be?

Full Article.

A magnificent seven? With city owner milan mandaric and new boss martin allen back at the Walkers stadium next week, things are expected to liven up on the transfer front. Here, football writer andy mann looks at SOME players recently linked with city ...

Arjan De Zeeu

The veteran defender is out of contract and available on a free transfer after being released by Premiership Wigan at the end of last season.

He has played in the Premiership for Barnsley, Portsmouth and Wigan.

His agent this week claimed City have made an offer to the 37-year-old.

The Dutchman is known to City owner Milan Mandaric from his time at Portsmouth, where De Zeeuw made 115 appearances between 2002 and 2005.

Despite struggling at times with injuries last season, he continued to impress at the heart of the Wigan defence as they successfully staved off relegation.

City could face competition for his signature from clubs in both the Premiership and Championship, with Portsmouth one of the sides also rumoured to be interested.

Radostin Kishishev

The Bulgarian is another player who has reportedly received an offer from City.

Kishishev is out of contract at Charlton, where he has spent the last seven years making 156 appearances at right-back, wing-back and in midfield.

He spent two months on loan at Leeds last season, where he made 10 appearances.

The 32-year-old, who has been capped 59 times by his country, has also been linked with Southampton.

Bruno N'Gotty

A solid, physical defender, he has been linked with City despite having an option for another 12 months at Birmingham.

N'Gotty, who has won six France caps, began his career with Lyon where he made 237 league appearances.

From there the 35-year-old moved to Paris St Germain, AC Milan, Venezia (loan) and Marseille before joining Bolton in 2001, initially on loan.

He played for five years in the Premiership at Bolton, before moving to St Andrew's on a free last season where he helped Birmingham to Premiership promotion.

That promotion triggered a clause in his contract for another year, which could yet see him remain at St Andrew's.

Lee Hendrie

The midfielder, who is unwanted by Aston Villa, proved he can adapt to the Championship following a successful loan spell at Stoke.

Hendrie scored three goals in 28 appearances as Stoke staged a late push that almost saw them gatecrash the play-offs.

City have been linked with the 30-year-old, who made more than 300 appearances for Villa, along with Coventry and Stoke.

However, Derby, who can offer Hendrie Premiership football, have also been linked with a move.

Svetoslav Todorov

City were linked with the Portsmouth striker towards the end of last season following Mandaric's takeover.

Indeed, his manager Harry Redknapp dropped a big hint that he could be on his way to the Walkers Stadium when his contract expires this summer.

However, the rumour mill has gone quiet in recent weeks

He has an excellent scoring record at Championship level, having netted 26 times as Portsmouth clinched promotion alongside City in 2003.

However, serious injuries have restricted his appearances since then and left a question-mark over whether he could recapture such form.

Izale McLeod

It was almost inevitable Martin Allen would be linked with a raid on his former club Milton Keynes Dons and their star striker.

McLeod scored 21 league goals under Allen last season as they qualified for the League Two play-offs.

Speculation has since linked the England Under-21 international with a move to City.

And MK Dons chairman Peter Winkleman has been quoted as saying he would not stand in the 22-year-old's way should City come in for him.

Richard Cresswell

The former City forward was given few opportunities during his six-months at the club back in 2000-01.

He made just four starts and nine substitute appearances in all competitions, scoring one goal in the 3-0 FA Cup third-round win against his former club York.

He had already joined Sheffield Wednesday in a £900,000 move from York before he signed for City in a £750,000 deal in 2000.

After City, he moved to Deepdale for £500,000, where he netted 55 times in 192 appearances and helped Preston into the play-offs.

A £1.15 million move to Leeds followed, where knee problems have restricted his appearances.

“Magnificent Sevenâ€â€¦ must have been a slow news day at the Mockery! :rolleyes:

Out of the players mentioned it has to be Todorov as he’s hands down the most accomplished player out of the seven.

Beyond “Todorsâ€â€¦

DeZeeuw and N’Gotty both on are on frees and strengthen our back line… but rather than two “experienced†defenders, should we not also be looking for a centre half with a bit of pace (Perch?).

Hendrie would be a solid addition to what is (beyond perhaps Weso) a very weak midfield, Kishishev, provides cover but I would be worried that he’d turn into another Andy Johnson… still he did well with Leeds and with such a weak midfield I’d expect him to be an improvement.

Neither McLeod or Cresswell would interest me at all(!),McLeod has been tired at this level before and found wanting and I just don’t think we should be taking that sort of risk (especially if a lot of money is involved) meanwhile we’ve tried Cresswell in the past and he’s done nothing much since to suggest he’d be much good for us again now.

Hendrie but he's going to Derby.

Hasnt Davies already come out and said he hasnt spoken to him and doesnt intend trying to sign him? :dunno:

I can't decide.

I rate De Zeeuw, despite his age. So I was tempted.

But we desperately need a midfield - so enter the 'shev and Hendrie. Hendrie interests me more than the 'shev, but he might be Derby bound anyway.

Then, perhaps we need a decent goalscorer - and Todorov isn't that old, he's just a bit injured.

As it happens, I don't remember who I voted for, but it was probably Hendrie... Todorov a close second.

Taken from Foxestalk? :dunno: Ha, see how Cresswell has no votes! :thumbup: Todorov would be perfect :thumbup:

:thumbup: i agree...cresswell is leeds scum and way past it. out of the 7, toderov would be class as he is a proven goalscorer.just what we have lacked for the past 3 seasons.

hmmm... Saganowski and Todorov up front? :whistle:

Has there been "huge" interest in Hendrie :dunno: ...all i saw was Davies refuting rumours linking Derby with him? And before that the only clubs linked with him seemed to be us, the cov-scum and Stoke

hmmm... Saganowski and Todorov up front? :whistle:

Has there been "huge" interest in Hendrie :dunno: ...all i saw was Davies refuting rumours linking Derby with him? And before that the only clubs linked with him seemed to be us, the cov-scum and Stoke

I may have exaggerated the word "huge" slightly :whistle:

But I know Derby are in for him, stoke and cov as you say also I've heard Pompy, Charlton and even Reading mentioned not sure of the accuracy of some of them but lets face it we havn't exactly made strides yet.

Archived