Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

This Week - History Making? or Another False Dawn

Well Martin Allen reckons he will be making management and team appointments this week, lets just hope it's a life changing experience for us Leicester City fans.

We've had too many false dawns and I'm not sure I'm up to enduring another one, it's been nearly 7 years since the arrival of Peter Taylor, 7 years of football purgatory, 7 years of despair, 7 years pain, lets hope 7 now turns out to be our collective lucky number!

Very little needs to happen to improve on our current torpor and misery, it's to much to hope that the club will cease with their match day experience but surely the least we can expect from Martin Allen is more goals, some home wins, some exciting football even if it is of a brash uncompromising, simplistic up and at them style.

I've not yet got my season ticket, and to be frank some of the players being linked to us do not fill me with enthusiasm, I've been close to saying that's it but I'm happy to give Martin Allen a chance as long as he doesn't end up as a MAs clone .

Anyway only time will tell, let's hope we see some exciting, mouth watering inspiring signings, players that we at long last say about them , well they're worth a few quid of my hard earned wages to go and see, but I guess more importantly let's hope that Martin Allen can put together a team that delivers and provides value for the fans.

We deserve it!

People seem to forget that they were asking for better football when Adams was in charge. 'Passion' wasn't enough, and why will that be any different with Allen - how far can he actually take us?

The kind of players available, the kind of signings we will make, they won't be enough to purge me of my weary cynicism.

Let's hope Mandaric has a big say, I want foreign players with tidy finishes and concept passes, not Rob Smith or Bill Jones with a crunching tackle.

People seem to forget that they were asking for better football when Adams was in charge. 'Passion' wasn't enough, and why will that be any different with Allen - how far can he actually take us?

The kind of players available, the kind of signings we will make, they won't be enough to purge me of my weary cynicism.

Let's hope Mandaric has a big say, I want foreign players with tidy finishes and concept passes, not Rob Smith or Bill Jones with a crunching tackle.

Me too but I just can't see it happening with Martin Allen, I firmly believe that MM has him in mind only to get us out of here not to take us any further, I wouldn't mind betting that if he is successful, he wont last longer than a few months at the most into any Premier reign we might have. MM will have no qualms about paying him off.

Too true, the inevitibility with the signings of 36 and 37 year old defenders fills me with dread.

I think that is our only hope, MM's 'contacts' will hopefully bring in quality.

You're right we've had lots of false dawns, but bugger it all if I'm not going to get excited for the new season. Until we sign someone who actually looks like a donkey, we should all chill out and let the euphoria envelop us.

This new season is a new dawn lets not ruin it with negativity,, at least not until after the first game.

I have my season ticket and I'm dead excited about being back, a season of watching German second division is too long, bring on the Championship and 'Sexy Football' :thumbup:

You're right we've had lots of false dawns, but bugger it all if I'm not going to get excited for the new season. Until we sign someone who actually looks like a donkey, we should all chill out and let the euphoria envelop us.

This new season is a new dawn lets not ruin it with negativity,, at least not until after the first game.

I have my season ticket and I'm dead excited about being back, a season of watching German second division is too long, bring on the Championship and 'Sexy Football' :thumbup:

Good for you unfortunately my negativity is still hanging around and my hope has been replaced by despair a long time ago, but I'm patient enough to give it a bit longer. As for euphoria and football it's a very long time since they've been a partnership in my mind.

It'll be back!

Mind you anything will be better than the rubbish I've been watching this last season. :blink:

Still I remember the days of Taylor and further back Pleat, and still I have confidence (if not misguided) in Martin Allen (I can't bring myself to type MA as it reminds me of Adams) and whoever he brings in.

You gotta have faith!

Things could be a LOT worse.

It'll be back!

Mind you anything will be better than the rubbish I've been watching this last season. :blink:

Still I remember the days of Taylor and further back Pleat, and still I have confidence (if not misguided) in Martin Allen (I can't bring myself to type MA as it reminds me of Adams) and whoever he brings in.

You gotta have faith!

Things could be a LOT worse.

And yet you nuse that word :o

I'm the same it has to be Martin Allen every time.

Not nusing the word. I just remember how shite Mickey Adams was, I don't like to sulley Martin Allen with the same abbreviation.

Still dont understand all the abuse Micky gets, he got us promoted, fair enough we came back down but we would have done better in that season that Levein did in his rein, Kelly also.

Still dont understand all the abuse Micky gets, he got us promoted, fair enough we came back down but we would have done better in that season that Levein did in his rein, Kelly also.

Hallelujah :worship: , like you said the guy did a good job for us and the last time we ventured into the top half of this league we were under his reign.

Mickey Adams panicked bought too old, and instilled a fear in the team which ensured we couldn't kill a game off (that Wolves game haunted us for too long)!

I liked the guy but he did cause us a lot of damage, still I hold him in the same distain as I do the others except Taylor!

The chance to buy would have been a fine thing.

The chance to buy would have been a fine thing.

I believe we've already had this discussion

You having a laugh, even Henry isn't on that amount.

How can paying £500,000 pounds amount to the same as one players wages. Reo-Coker's wages would hardly have been cheap anyway. Plus Reo-Coker was and still is hated by Hammers fans for his work ethic, haven't you had enough of LCFC players not putting in the hard work required. I admit Keown was a mistake but his endeavour was second to none.

We must have different sources because all we spent was £500,000 on David Connolly. People seem to forget we had only just come out of administration.

sorry put an extra 0 their ment £15000 per week!!! apologies for that but my point is still the same

and a for you second point how does it work???

well surely that's obvious?

as a manager you are given a budget for example if you were given a total transfer budget of £1million for both players and wages you have 2 options:

1 you could make a free transfer and pay them £20 000 a week over the course of a season

2 you can sign a player for £500 000 and use the rest to pay his wages at say £10 000 a week which again adds upto the same total of £1million

Adams alway only went for option one signing donkeys like Keown, Dublin paid them a fortune and didn't look at the attitude it's all about getting the right mix plenty of young hungry players and a few old heads to help them along

only spending £500 000!!! can you not understand Adams was given a playing budget wages and transfer fees are one and the same it's upto them how they spend it. for the record we also spent £500 000 on Gareth Williams at the same time as well as connolly

with all his signings and wages you could probably say Adams was given close to £5million as a playing budget to get us back up for wages signings and signing on fees etc

Martin Keowns endeavour are you serious!!! the player was a liability no effort. no heart, no desire only came hear because he thought he had a chance of getting Adams job he also whinged and moaned about everything at the club including constant complaining that he had to travel to away games on a coach and not fly their he was a disruptive influence and tried to undermine everything that Adams made. he also had a massive disagreement after the QPR game and well was basically sacked by the club!!

and Reo Cokers wages would have been under well under £10 000 a week he was a young player turning out for MK Dons he would been on very little there

I've got my season ticket too and I am also excited. I'm just looking forward to a season where relegation is not a word we have to familiarise ourselves with.

Top ten improvement would do me this year but I also like the Roy Keane philosophy that if you only aim for mid table that is all you will ever get. We should aim for automatic promotion and accept no less until it is not possible anymore.

Aim for the stars and you might just get the moon.

Hopefully we'll have something to talk about this week instead of being linked with the same old players and listening to Thracian bang on about Hammond and Dodds.

I think the fact that Junior Lewis will be back on Leicester citys pay roll this week is hilarious. No more Academy Premier League titles for us. lol

I for one am excited about this season. Why not eh? I was excited at the start of last season and the one before. This year does feel special (unlike the last few) and hopefully a few signings and some positive pre-season performances will get even more fans onside...start strong, end with promotion!

Hopefully we'll have something to talk about this week instead of being linked with the same old players and listening to Thracian bang on about Hammond and Dodds.

I think the fact that Junior Lewis will be back on Leicester citys pay roll this week is hilarious. No more Academy Premier League titles for us. lol

Truth is I rarely start a topic about either footballer. But both in their own way have been targets for blindfold critics - people who cannot see any further than Fantasy Fryatt.

I'll be right alongside Fryatt when he starts justifying one tenth of the myth but, in the meantime, people pissing on Hammond as a means of deflecting attention from the Fantasy just makes me puke.

I'm not the only one who's defended him - or Dodds for that matter - and all who've stood their ground need make no apologies.

Hammond did his stint for City when called upon. He scored and made goals at a modestly acceptable rate within the company he was keeping.

Dodds too earned the right to his chance far ahead of the likes of Horsfield and the shadow that was once the promising Fryatt.

And if people want to act like sheep in disagreeing - perhaps because there's comfort in a flock - they should expect to have their vision impaired by the wool flopping over their eyes.

Cos the truth is that Horsfield never raised a canter let alone a gallop for Leicester City and Fantasy Fryatt remained just that. Chances? He had so many I wouldn't be surprised if he's still being picked in the close season!

Truth is I rarely start a topic about either footballer. But both in their own way have been targets for blindfold critics - people who cannot see any further than Fantasy Fryatt.

I'll be right alongside Fryatt when he starts justifying one tenth of the myth but, in the meantime, people pissing on Hammond as a means of deflecting attention from the Fantasy just makes me puke.

I'm not the only one who's defended him - or Dodds for that matter - and all who've stood their ground need make no apologies.

Hammond did his stint for City when called upon. He scored and made goals at a modestly acceptable rate within the company he was keeping.

Dodds too earned the right to his chance far ahead of the likes of Horsfield and the shadow that was once the promising Fryatt.

And if people want to act like sheep in disagreeing - perhaps because there's comfort in a flock - they should expect to have their vision impaired by the wool flopping over their eyes.

Cos the truth is that Horsfield never raised a canter let alone a gallop for Leicester City and Fantasy Fryatt remained just that. Chances? He had so many I wouldn't be surprised if he's still being picked in the close season!

It's like owning your own wind up toy. Wind him up and watch him go.

Archived