Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

This Week - History Making? or Another False Dawn

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?b...6269754|p|536|0

Big City moves in the pipeline

By Bill Anderson

Martin Allen and Milan Mandaric will mount a two-pronged offensive to get Leicester City moving in the right direction at last.

New players and new back-up staff are on the stocks and, as the two main men returned to the Walkers Stadium today after trips abroad, both had a busy spell to look forward to.

Allen, relishing his first week in the managerial hot seat, said: "Well, it is going to be a busy one, that's for sure.

"I hope to be able to make some announcements in the course of the week, maybe quite a lot of them. I had a good break but even that was busy too.''

On the transfer front, Birmingham defender Bruno N'Gotty leads a list of names with Premiership experience who have been linked with City even before Allen was given the job nine days ago.

No new arrival has been sealed yet but, from the way Allen is talking, that will not last.

As for the City chairman, he is eager to make progress towards next season having installed his manager in place.

Mandraic said: "My first meeting will be with my manager to discuss where we go from here to take the club forward.

"We already have some plans in place, including the appointment of a Sports Director. And, of course, we are now in a better position to bring in new players.

"Any inquiries we had made before could only go so far because we did not have a manager in place and we lost out because of that.

"But now we are moving forward on a number of issues.

"It is important we put in place the right support for the manager by backing him in trying to get in the players he wants and the backroom staff he wants."

City have yet to agree compensation with MK Dons for Allen and whichever of his backroom staff there he wants to bring here.

But the main focus of attention has to be new players and Allen sounds as if he expects a very busy time on that score this week.

Sounds like new players will be coming thick and fast.

The Bible? Over rated, dragged out far to long, contradicts itself quite a bit as well.

Bit like Thracian in all respects really.

I never put you down as a Bible reader.

But on that basis it sure knocks the idea that the masses ever get it right. :whistle:

Archived