Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

I love Martin Allen!

That's one point of view Jay, although your whole post is highly speculative to say the least and therefore difficult to respond to. Far better to comment on known facts, and what is certain, however, is that Leicester had been in terminal decline from the day he left until Mandaric's arrival.

When you say decline I presume your referring to our "presumed" improved financial state...cuz nothing else is better....yet!!!

What a name to call an estate. Fishermead!!! Sounds like a word you would use to describe a vaginal smelly discharge or summin??

Do you know something, that hadn't occurred to me.

What about Leicester names like Frog Island...pure class?

Or what about Aylestone? Ffs, it sounds like erm, hailstones.

Ratby, Grodby, Oadby...lovely.

That's one point of view Jay, although your whole post is highly speculative to say the least and therefore difficult to respond to. Far better to comment on known facts, and what is certain, however, is that Leicester had been in terminal decline from the day he left until Mandaric's arrival.

Thankfully Adams is history - and not impressive history either here or at Coventry these last few years.

When I think of Adams' tactics, management and team-building philosophy "misguided, nieve and limited" are the words which come to mind for all three.

But he does seem to have a cracking good tailor.

Whatever Beanhill.

Can I speak on behalf of the rest of the world? Thanks.....

Nobody cares about Mk Dons. Fact.

Take no notice of the Micky Adams detractors. He did well at this club and, with the financial situation the club was in at the time, did a damned good job at Leicester. He took a lot of criticism for signing "older" players but he was trying to get proven players who had a record at playing at a higher level with the budget available. In doing so he left the club in a position they've not been a walking mile near repeating. If that's failure, then so be it.

Another thing, his much maligned playing style was constantly condemned. Yet Martin Allen, who everybody seems to be lauding, will adopt a style which will make Adams' look like a childrens picnic.

Milton Keynes could do a lot worse than employ a manager whose only "failure" is Coventry.

For once, somebody is speaking sense. I couldn't agree more with what you have said and I'm sure he would get MK Dons promoted at his first attempt :worship:

And if Coventry's board had tried harder to keep McSheffrey, then Adam's would still be in a job.

You're on one.

grannys_weed.jpg

When I think of Adams' tactics, management and team-building philosophy "misguided, nieve and limited" are the words which come to mind for all three.

So far, purely on recommendations from Dons fans Allen's tactics are no different, possibly worse. Furthermore you could hardly call Allen's signings so far as inspiring. In fact it seems he is making similar errors with players such as N'Gotty and Cort, the latter having a big reputation but has been a let down for so many seasons.

So far, purely on recommendations from Dons fans Allen's tactics are no different, possibly worse. Furthermore you could hardly call Allen's signings so far as inspiring. In fact it seems he is making similar errors with players such as N'Gotty and Cort, the latter having a big reputation but has been a let down for so many seasons.

Whatever Allen is or not and all is yet to be proved it should have no effect whatsoever on people's judgement of Adams.

Just because something may be worse than what went before doesn't support the notion that the 'before' was justifiable or supportable.

Whatever Beanhill.

Can I speak on behalf of the rest of the world? Thanks.....

Nobody cares about Mk Dons. Fact.

...and how much of the world exactly do you think cares about Leicester City FC? Perhaps a little bit more, but don't kid yourself mate we're both non-descript provincial teams which are hardly poles apart.

Very good point.

I'm quite happy to come on here and be informed about Adams as you guys are speaking from some sort of experience, but any criticism made by MK Dons fans about Allen seems to be instantly disregarded and written off as sour grapes. Sour grapes for what? He's left us on a tidal wave of disappointment, in the same division, but with a much larger payroll. Yes he did strengthen the team, but that would be the least you'd expect given the funds available.

...and how much of the world exactly do you think cares about Leicester City FC? Perhaps a little bit more, but don't kid yourself mate we're both non-descript provincial teams which are hardly poles apart.

Very good point.

I'm quite happy to come on here and be informed about Adams as you guys are speaking from some sort of experience, but any criticism made by MK Dons fans about Allen seems to be instantly disregarded and written off as sour grapes. Sour grapes for what? He's left us on a tidal wave of disappointment, in the same division, but with a much larger payroll. Yes he did strengthen the team, but that would be the least you'd expect given the funds available.

Great stuff! Adams was feckin useless as shown by his results when he was given money by Leicester AND Kov!

The side he inherited when we were in the prem were never going to stop up, but when we were in div 1 the game suited our older bigger players and we were just a better side and went up in 2nd about 12 points ahead of Sheff Utd if memory serves

He makes weird subs which make you wonder when you leave the ground why the hell did he do that, and in the 86th minute when we had been behind for 50 minutes and nothing changed so why did he not do anything sooner?

He lost many games and points in the last 10 minutes.

Mickey Adams likes to say Mickey Adams far too much for my liking!

He would have got sacked at Leicester IMO, we were doing very badly when La Manga happened and it was an excuse for him to walk before he was pushed

He was a Rob Kelly with excuses :rolleyes::yawn:

Also I never liked his chin!

The excuse of finances and administration mean bugger all to do with players some of whom were on 30k+

The bottom line is he is not a bad guy, but his tactics, slogans, Hoofball, Transfers, Obsession with big forwards on the wing who win headers and never take on a man are all very welcome at Kov! And I'm a Leicester fan says it all does it not? :cool:

Great stuff! Adams was feckin useless as shown by his results when he was given money by Leicester AND Kov!

The side he inherited when we were in the prem were never going to stop up, but when we were in div 1 the game suited our older bigger players and we were just a better side and went up in 2nd about 12 points ahead of Sheff Utd if memory serves

He makes weird subs which make you wonder when you leave the ground why the hell did he do that, and in the 86th minute when we had been behind for 50 minutes and nothing changed so why did he not do anything sooner?

He would have got sacked at Leicester IMO, we were doing very badly when La Manga happened and it was an excuse for him to walk before he was pushed

He was a Rob Kelly with excuses :rolleyes::yawn:

Also I never liked his chin!

The excuse of finances and administration mean bugger all to do with players some of whom were on 30k+

The bottom line is he is not a bad guy, but his tactics, slogans, Hoofball, Transfers, Obsession with big forwards on the wing who win headers and never take on a man are all very welcome at Kov! And I'm a Leicester fan says it all does it not? :cool:

And people call me fickle (sometimes rightly :blush: ), this is only a presumption here but I doubt you were complaining he was feckin useless during our promotion campaign. And Adams did not inherit a premiership squad, we were relegated comfortably with a bunch of crap toothless players. Yes we were lucky to hold onto Izzet but the rest of the players needed work. Adams's tactics were not pretty but damn effective, hence the promotion.

As for the cash argument, admitedly Adams did make mistakes on giving out large salaries but there was no actual transfer money avaliable to physically go out and buy anybody. If i recall correctly he only spent £500,000 in his period (please correct if I'm wrong) on David Connolly, who proved to be worth his price tag.

Going back to the subject as to whether he would do the job for MK Dons, of course he would. All Adams bashers are quick to point out he had a squad worthy of promotion when he took us up and from listening to Dons fans they believe their squad was good enough to go up this season. Therefore common sense would say with his track record on that note and the fact he has promoted sides in the lower leagues getting MK Dons up would provide no obstacle.

And people call me fickle (sometimes rightly :blush: ), this is only a presumption here but I doubt you were complaining he was feckin useless during our promotion campaign. And Adams did not inherit a premiership squad, we were relegated comfortably with a bunch of crap toothless players. Yes we were lucky to hold onto Izzet but the rest of the players needed work. Adams's tactics were not pretty but damn effective, hence the promotion.

As for the cash argument, admitedly Adams did make mistakes on giving out large salaries but there was no actual transfer money avaliable to physically go out and buy anybody. If i recall correctly he only spent £500,000 in his period (please correct if I'm wrong) on David Connolly, who proved to be worth his price tag.

Going back to the subject as to whether he would do the job for MK Dons, of course he would. All Adams bashers are quick to point out he had a squad worthy of promotion when he took us up and from listening to Dons fans they believe their squad was good enough to go up this season. Therefore common sense would say with his track record on that note and the fact he has promoted sides in the lower leagues getting MK Dons up would provide no obstacle.

Point 1 you are correct i did not complain that we went up

Point 2 David Connolly was the best striker we have had since SLF I wish he was still at the club but for 3 mil (in the end) it was a good deal!

I am an Adams basher not for the above 2 points! but because he was a bad manager! Poor subs, poor admittedly free(ish) transfers, not Freund or SLF tho :thumbup: , Poor results which are the most important thing example are the HUGE amount of points THROWN away i can remember Spurs away, Boro (shudder :@ ) away, Tottenham home, Man city home, Leeds away, NUFC home, there are more I'm just getting upset now

Then the season after we went down we were just as bad under him as we were under CL & RK they got what their results deserved! So would he have if La Manga had not happened.

Then the season after we went down we were just as bad under him as we were under CL & RK they got what their results deserved!

Statistics show otherwise, for example he Adams resigned when we were in the top half, CL and RK did not manage this feat for a sustained period of more than a game or two, if that.

Well all the above sounds exactly the same as Allen, so that should be interesting.

:rolleyes:

:yawn:

*block*

Sorry mate, i'm not that good deciphering 12 year olds text messages.

Archived