Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

I love Martin Allen!

They have not lost a game (admittedly they have not played)

He has not signed a bad player YET! (can't tell they have not played)

He is always speaking to US fans like we matter to the club (makes me feel part of it, whatever it is?)

Is always signing players weather good or not (see above) which makes me feel kind of justifies his position (what I would love 2 do!)

Talks like a man who is designed to inspire chant's like; Martin Allen's Blue Army due to the fact he is Martin Allen and he does have a Blue Army!

He does have a backbone which was missing from the past 5 managers

Is spoken about on here by other previous followers in a negative way which makes me even more willing to blindly follow him and be nervous :S

Wishing to see shit football in a hoofball stylee aka Portsmouth away ( :) ) he will deliver!

I also hate managers who don't talk the talk which we have had to put up with for what seems like ages

I wish he can deliver the game which deserves his talk (hopefully in a manner which makes other fans dislike us as we don't play football and complain that the better footballing team lost! ;)

I hope he gets up people's noses so we can be smug about something

I really want us to win the league god how it would be great please i think you like teasing us :@

I want to get some sort of confidence that i have made the right decision in purchasing a ST so please don't sign anymore defenders, free transfers (unless great players obviously)

I drove down Filbert Street the other day! I hate the people who live there they made us watch football in a modern atmosphereless (yes its not a word i know!) waste of time flat pack advertisement naming no character bore-adrome!

Martin Make us great again! :worship:

They have not lost a game (admittedly they have not played)

He has not signed a bad player YET! (can't tell they have not played)

He is always speaking to US fans like we matter to the club (makes me feel part of it, whatever it is?)

Is always signing players weather good or not (see above) which makes me feel kind of justifies his position (what I would love 2 do!)

Talks like a man who is designed to inspire chant's like; Martin Allen's Blue Army due to the fact he is Martin Allen and he does have a Blue Army!

He does have a backbone which was missing from the past 5 managers

Is spoken about on here by other previous followers in a negative way which makes me even more willing to blindly follow him and be nervous :S

Wishing to see shit football in a hoofball stylee aka Portsmouth away ( :) ) he will deliver!

I also hate managers who don't talk the talk which we have had to put up with for what seems like ages

I wish he can deliver the game which deserves his talk (hopefully in a manner which makes other fans dislike us as we don't play football and complain that the better footballing team lost! ;)

I hope he gets up people's noses so we can be smug about something

I really want us to win the league god how it would be great please i think you like teasing us :@

I want to get some sort of confidence that i have made the right decision in purchasing a ST so please don't sign anymore defenders, free transfers (unless great players obviously)

I drove down Filbert Street the other day! I hate the people who live there they made us watch football in a modern atmosphereless (yes its not a word i know!) waste of time flat pack advertisement naming no character bore-adrome!

Martin Make us great again! :worship:

Interesting.... :whistle:

I like the bit about wanting him to be smug and get up other fans noses (like w@nker warnock does) - we need someone like that. Our last few managers have mot been like that at all.

i think its what we need and i would love it.

Interesting.... :whistle:

I like the bit about wanting him to be smug and get up other fans noses (like w@nker warnock does) - we need someone like that. Our last few managers have mot been like that at all.

i think its what we need and i would love it.

Quite right, our last few managers haven't got up other fans noses....they did a good job of getting up mine though !

I think the general consenus of opinion in Milton Keynes is you lot getting Allen will be a blessing in disguise for us (the Dons)...it will mean that we'll get a decent manager this time round like Adams or Newell that actually know what they're doing and have actually achieved things.

If you want a manager that gets up peoples noses, especially his players and wears his heart on his sleeve then you've got the right guy. Just don't expect too much more then that and you won't be disappointed.

I think the general consenus of opinion in Milton Keynes is you lot getting Allen will be a blessing in disguise for us (the Dons)...it will mean that we'll get a decent manager this time round like Adams or Newell that actually know what they're doing and have actually achieved things.

If you want a manager that gets up peoples noses, especially his players and wears his heart on his sleeve then you've got the right guy. Just don't expect too much more then that and you won't be disappointed.

Yep you're right Adams does know what he's doing at your level, as for getting up people's noses, Newell may or may not prove to be a good manager but he's got up more noses than a Otorhinolaryngologist lol .

You make Allen sound like a Trades Union militant than a football manager - which is interesting considering his background - but as for the manager you'd like to take MK forward, let's put it this way...

If Newell had stuck to managing instead of mixing it with irrelevent public speaking I'd have preferred him here to Martin Allen.

In fact, despite Allen being on a respectable but probably flattering +9 for his efforts so far, I'd have dropped him below both Newell and my top choice Simon Grayson if I had to chose today.

As for Mickey Adams.... well he does wear nice suits if that helps.

Trust me mate, unless you have a ready made sqaud you don't want Micky Adams.

Trust me mate, unless you have a ready made sqaud you don't want Micky Adams.

Is he bad news?

He does seem to have a good track record having won promotion with Fulham, Brighton and Leicester. Wasn't he the last Leicester manager to gain promotion?

According to Wikipedia...

Despite Leicester going into receivership with debts of £30million and being banned from the transfer market until a takeover was completed, Adams was able to guide them to promotion back to the Premiership at the first attempt - they ended the 2002-03 season as Division One runners-up behind champions Portsmouth.

lol, you should've had him back!

Mike Newell, on the other hand, has only really done the business with Luton and that was under a cloud of controversy towards the end.

Is he bad news?

He does seem to have a good track record having won promotion with Fulham, Brighton and Leicester. Wasn't he the last Leicester manager to gain promotion?

Despite Leicester going into receivership with debts of £30million and being banned from the transfer market until a takeover was completed, Adams was able to guide them to promotion back to the Premiership at the first attempt - they ended the 2002-03 season as Division One runners-up behind champions Portsmouth.

lol, you should've had him back!

Mike Newell, on the other hand, has only really done the business with Luton and that was under a cloud of controversy towards the end.

I think you need to look at his time after promotion with us.

Is he bad news?

lol , you should've had him back!

He had a Premier League team more or less, well players that were brought into the club to keep us in the Premier which he and Bassett failed to do.

Can you really compare Micky Adams to Martin Allen, I doubt it very much, Martin Allen is much different to him, Micky has no charisma or personality and can't manage a football team to save his life, Man utd couldn't even survive with him. Where as Allen.... he hopefully can make a half decent team turn good, with nothing to work with to start, as Adams had when he came in... so all in all... Martin Allen is alot better than Micky Adams. Right... done.... next topic !!

Can you really compare Micky Adams to Martin Allen, I doubt it very much, Martin Allen is much different to him, Micky has no charisma or personality and can't manage a football team to save his life, Man utd couldn't even survive with him. Where as Allen.... he hopefully can make a half decent team turn good, with nothing to work with to start, as Adams had when he came in... so all in all... Martin Allen is alot better than Micky Adams. Right... done.... next topic !!

I think thats debateable, Micky has one promotion on a number of times, Allen hasn't.

I'm not too sure how all that adds up...Adams has won promotion with 3 lower division struggling teams, while Allen has failed consistently in the play offs. He brought a few good players in for us but that was only because he had the money to. It's odd that the 4 teams that went up didn't have that budget - but still managed promotion.

Don't you think you're asking a bit too much when you openly criticise the last manager to take you up? It must mean that Allen is going to have to work hard to meet your expectations.

I'm not too sure how all that adds up...Adams has won promotion with 3 lower division struggling teams, while Allen has failed consistently in the play offs. He brought a few good players in for us but that was only because he had the money to. It's odd that the 4 teams that went up didn't have that budget - but still managed promotion.

Don't you think you're asking a bit too much when you openly criticise the last manager to take you up? It must mean that Allen is going to have to work hard to meet your expectations.

I like Allen's attitude! It is one which has been needed at this club since O'Neill left! The most important thing a football club has to do is win football matches, that is what us supporters want, Finances, come with winning matches. Allen has a winning mentality he has not come up with some clap trap slogan to make out that the players are here with us in our will to be great, and that we will do alright but we fans just have to keep on turning up and cheering the shit they produce in some illogical belief that things will get better when there are no signs that it will!

Adams will give you poor signings, slogans till the end, awful football something that you say you are accustomed to! the post above about Scowcroft is accurate he likes to out man a smaller fullback with a tall center forward and go direct down the wing HOOFBALL at its worst!

Adams was good when we had no money as he could not cock it up with poor signings! also the players he had were perfect for the division at the time, Elliott, Taggert, Scowcroft, Benjamin, Deane, were all big n more horrible than anyone else and Dickov was a pest and Izzett was the best player in the league! he just could not "Adams" it up!

That is exactly what happened! :thumbup:

Oh dear, I hope we don't get Adams then. :blink:

In all honesty he sounds like he's got a similar profile to Danny Wilson.

Take no notice of the Micky Adams detractors. He did well at this club and, with the financial situation the club was in at the time, did a damned good job at Leicester. He took a lot of criticism for signing "older" players but he was trying to get proven players who had a record at playing at a higher level with the budget available. In doing so he left the club in a position they've not been a walking mile near repeating. If that's failure, then so be it.

Another thing, his much maligned playing style was constantly condemned. Yet Martin Allen, who everybody seems to be lauding, will adopt a style which will make Adams' look like a childrens picnic.

Milton Keynes could do a lot worse than employ a manager whose only "failure" is Coventry.

Take no notice of the Micky Adams detractors. He did well at this club and, with the financial situation the club was in at the time, did a damned good job at Leicester. He took a lot of criticism for signing "older" players but he was trying to get proven players who had a record at playing at a higher level with the budget available. In doing so he left the club in a position they've not been a walking mile near repeating. If that's failure, then so be it.

Another thing, his much maligned playing style was constantly condemned. Yet Martin Allen, who everybody seems to be lauding, will adopt a style which will make Adams' look like a childrens picnic.

Milton Keynes could do a lot worse than employ a manager whose only "failure" is Coventry.

if you don't mind me saying that's total rubbish Adams was a rubbish manager who only did well the first season because he couldn't buy or sell players. people also seem to have forgot that some of his tactics and substitutions leading to late goals were one of the main reasons we got relegated.

As for the budget thing it seems come up all the time Adams had a very healthy budget in the premiership and probably the biggest in the league when we came down, you could probably say for wages and transfers close to £5million when we came down. he just had no idea how to spend it he was supported with money but thought it better for the club to waste close to £1million in wages on someone like Martin Keown for one season than invest the same amount of money in a player like Reo Coker who he watched many times but thought £500 000 was to much and not worth the investment, this is the same Reo Coker who is currently subject to bids of around £7million!!!!! he totally wasted the very understated budget that he was given

you say he left the club in a position in a position we are nowhere near repeating, can you not see the constant Micky Adams revolving door policy of building an entire new squad every season was partly responsible for this, we had no players who could develop and improve we had no players with any ambition or desire and it takes time to build from scratch his total ignorance for the youth players was also detrimental in the development of the club.

The signings he made were more down to luck than judgement, signing names not players to make a team, he had no ability to spot a decent player the likes of Canero prove this he couldn't see any further than the end of his chin

Now that makes sense.

Believe me Martin Allen's playing style was truly awful. The ball was up in the air so much that it often more resembled beach volley ball at times. It was a style of football that wasted any quality he brought in. It was a style that got us loads of goals but also made us concede far too many.

I suppose you could say it was rather Keeganesque at Newcastle...loads of goals but leaving the back door wide open and completely minus the skill.

One thing that Danny Wilson used to do was shut up shop after getting a lead. Allen, on the other hand, would still be going all guns hoofball and bringing on more attacking players. Again, we lost quite a few due to that.

Allen undoubtedly has charisma, shows passion heart on his sleeve type stuff but his brand of football is dire. For all the "quality" he brought in to the MK Dons I don't think I ever saw them look comfortable and have a trully commanding game. In fact after watching them so many times - how we ever managed to finish in the play offs is a miracle and a mystery.

Allen is definitely Div 1 or 2 material but I seriously doubt he has the goods to manage any higher.

if you don't mind me saying that's total rubbish Adams was a rubbish manager who only did well the first season because he couldn't buy or sell players. people also seem to have forgot that some of his tactics and substitutions leading to late goals were one of the main reasons we got relegated.

As for the budget thing it seems come up all the time Adams had a very healthy budget in the premiership and probably the biggest in the league when we came down, you could probably say for wages and transfers close to £5million when we came down. he just had no idea how to spend it he was supported with money but thought it better for the club to waste close to £1million in wages on someone like Martin Keown for one season than invest the same amount of money in a player like Reo Coker who he watched many times but thought £500 000 was to much and not worth the investment, this is the same Reo Coker who is currently subject to bids of around £7million!!!!! he totally wasted the very understated budget that he was given

you say he left the club in a position in a position we are nowhere near repeating, can you not see the constant Micky Adams revolving door policy of building an entire new squad every season was partly responsible for this, we had no players who could develop and improve we had no players with any ambition or desire and it takes time to build from scratch his total ignorance for the youth players was also detrimental in the development of the club.

The signings he made were more down to luck than judgement, signing names not players to make a team, he had no ability to spot a decent player the likes of Canero prove this he couldn't see any further than the end of his chin

That's one point of view Jay, although your whole post is highly speculative to say the least and therefore difficult to respond to. Far better to comment on known facts, and what is certain, however, is that Leicester had been in terminal decline from the day he left until Mandaric's arrival.

Archived