Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mort

Glastonbury 07

Been to every Glasto since '98 and love it.

Not the best one this year but still gresat fun. Highlights were

Arcade Fire - Absolutely awesome

Marley Brothers - So many great songs and the sun came out too

Bootleg Beatles - A great sing along to end Sunday night

The Enemy - only caught the end of their set but they were amazing and will definitely buy their album

The Hours - worth the treck up to John Peel stage from the Park, really got Saturday morning going

Modest Mouse playing Float On - the sun came out and everyone around me went mental for this one

Klaxons - Not quite as good as I'd expected but still brilliant

Fratellis - Another sing along

Guillemotts - stunning, a real spectacle

Kooks - kicked @rse

Lowlights, missing the Twang and rain and mud (again), it's so much better when it's sunny. Plus spending a fortune, everything seemed much more expensive this year.

Also saw Babyshambles and Dirty Pretty Things (sadly no Libertines reunion), Monkeys, Killers, Dylan Project and the View. All were OK but none massively exciting.

Saw some guy in cabaret tent too who'd played bass with Pink Floyd, Madonna and Michael Jackson who was great and loads of brilliant stories.

got back earlier, amazing. never fails to impress!!!

my personel highlights were

CSS

Long Blondes

Pendulem

Dave Clark

Pippetes

Kasabian

Seasick Steve

Artic Monkeys

the Horrors

Chemical Brothers

babyshambles were amazing, I was expecting the crap they served up '05 but they were my best band over the weekend.

I wore a polka dot dress to see the Pipettes saturday dinner and only took it off when I got home earlier.

my head still feels like ive just done poppers.

roll on '08

Along with Trevor Rockcliffe and Laurent Garnier the best Techno DJ's around :thumbup:

Hoping to catch Garnier at Sziget.

Crispy Bacon :worship:

Anybody else get stuck in the car park leaving took us nearly 8 hrs to get out spoke to some guy who had had been in there over 13hrs.

Highlights of the weekend for me were The Twang, Jack Penate(down the charlotte soon well worth checking out),envy corps, good shoes , again modest mouse doing float on and bootleg beatles. Thought the dirty pretty things were the biggest load of shit i saw all weekend

Anybody else get stuck in the car park leaving took us nearly 8 hrs to get out spoke to some guy who had had been in there over 13hrs.

Highlights of the weekend for me were The Twang, Jack Penate(down the charlotte soon well worth checking out),envy corps, good shoes , again modest mouse doing float on and bootleg beatles. Thought the dirty pretty things were the biggest load of shit i saw all weekend

got in my car about half 8am joined a que of cars didnt move a inch in 1 hour decided to try another way out which we'd 3 cars get stuck in the mud managed to plough through it in my shity 106 got home about half two.

Along with Trevor Rockcliffe and Laurent Garnier the best Techno DJ's around :thumbup:

Hoping to catch Garnier at Sziget.

Crispy Bacon :worship:

I love Dave Clarke, to be honest I know nothing about techno but we went croatia in march and he was playing in this club and it was mental so had to go see him again. also purchased his 'world series2' cd.

Don't think so.

Eavis has said they've signed a big band but not Muse or U2. Thinking Rolling Stones myself

Ah, he said he doesnt want U2, however he has stated before today he wants muse, muse will be signed up, just not this time :)

I left late sunday and there wasn't a queue as such... had to get towed out though! :angry:

Fratellis were awesome, in my opinion! :worship:

Muse at 08 :jump::punk: :punk: :yahoo::banana: :banana: :w00t: :w00t: :dance:

God I hope not, that whining voice kills me, have heard loads of there songs on mtv etc...still have no idea what he's wailing on about, and by the way Muse...ever heard of a melody.

As for Glasto, my faves:-

WELLER

ARCTIC MONKEYS

THE CORAL

THE ENEMY

IGGY AND THE STOOGES

THE MANIC'S

The worst acts;-

Killers - dear oh dear, alright for 10 year olds I guess.

Who (love the band but so boring to watch now)

The Automatic - nonesense

God I hope not, that whining voice kills me, have heard loads of there songs on mtv etc...still have no idea what he's wailing on about, and by the way Muse...ever heard of a melody.

WELLER

ARCTIC MONKEYS

THE CORAL

THE ENEMY

IGGY AND THE STOOGES

THE MANIC'S

The worst acts;-

:yawn: They sold out Wembley stadium, on two occasions in quick succession. Your opinion means nothing. Nothing. :thumbup:

- Oh, and Arctic Monkeyz are propa mint meight.

Fine if you dont like Muse, or Matt's voice, fine, mint, coolio dawg, but they're an extremely melodic band.

And you can't spell their so Stickeh is right.

:worship: Agreed, he can say what he wants but melody is definaytely something they have, infact which band doesnt have a melody??!

If i had to pick out muse songs with melody, im sure id find around 4 albums worth.

no bands really blew me away. Bloc Party were great but i expected that. CSS were very good. Then Killers, AM, Kooks, Maximo Park, Just Jack, View, Kasabian etc - all decent but not spectacular. i expected bit better from Kasabian after the last time i saw them. Dirty Pretty Things and The Cribs were both poor imo. Jamie T was good too

WELLER

ARCTIC MONKEYS

THE CORAL

THE ENEMY

IGGY AND THE STOOGES

THE MANIC'S

The worst acts;-

First song, first album. Melody my friend, melody. Ironically performed at glastonbury :whistle:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hjKEv10yhds

First song, first album. Melody my friend, melody. Ironically performed at glastonbury :whistle:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hjKEv10yhds

Maybe its his warbling voice that puts me off, maybe I haven't heard enough of muse to say they aren't melodic.

But the noise of the band and his warblings, melody or not is painful on the ears.

Maybe its his warbling voice that puts me off, maybe I haven't heard enough of muse to say they aren't melodic.

But the noise of the band and his warblings, melody or not is painful on the ears.

For a 3 man set up they are powerful and melodic, each to their own with his voice, howeverat least 150,000 people the other week liked his voice.. :whistle:

Archived