Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mort

Glastonbury 07

First time I've not been in a while (couldn't be arsed with the form filling this year) and I'm watching the first highlight show, and its just reminding me that despite the mud, lack of decent bogs, dirt and general discomfort its one of the best places I'v ever been...:thumbup: safe to say I'm regretting not going this year. :frusty:

Wondering if anyone else tried to get tickets or has been in the past and what they thought of it?

Noone should be allowed to sell their product without announcing what it contains... I don't see why Glastonbury should be any different. I would have boycotted it even if I had a chance to go.

i went to one of the last 'real' glastonbury's * (1992) it was awesome; me and my mate had 20 quid (between us) to last 3 days we

(i)

forgot the tent poles and pegs! the bands we fantastic, it was fairly small (compared with now) the weather was fantastic we met quite a few people who, like us, went to the fan club every week. loved it and never went back. the only downside was (probably due to the music press slagging him off large style for being 'racist') morrissey didn't turn up and was replaced with james at the last minute, which was fine by me as i loved them too.

*i'm sure most people would feel the same about theirs.

Noone should be allowed to sell their product without announcing what it contains... I don't see why Glastonbury should be any different. I would have boycotted it even if I had a chance to go.

Child of the material world.

The ethos of Glastonbury has changed massively and inevitably over the last few years.

Policeman walking round with cameras on their shoulders? What the f**k?

Are they trying to sneak in a ban on fun to coincide with the smoking ban?

What is up with Paolo Nutini? He sounds like a pensioner with his teeth out?! Does he always sing like this or is there something wrong with him?

I'd put it down to him being pissed... but most of the acts i've seen on TV or heard over the radio seemed pretty decent (Hold Steady sounded v.good!), but I'm sure the 'Beeb' presenters will claim Nutini's was another "amazing" set...:rolleyes:

Monkeys were brilliant as usual.

Agree... did think they'd have trouble pulling it off coz i didn’t see them as a "festival" band... pleasantly surprised, filled the stage nicely :thumbup:

What is up with Paolo Nutini? He sounds like a pensioner with his teeth out?! Does he always sing like this or is there something wrong with him?

:laugh:

I wasnt to impressed either.

Killers were good.

:laugh:

I wasnt to impressed either.

Killers were good.

I thought the killers were rather tripe to tell you the truth. I enjoyed watching Maximo park on interactive last night, so much i bought tickets to see them in Donny in October! Get in :D

Edit - Although after last weeks gig at wembleh, ( Muse) my expectations are sky high!

I thought the killers were rather tripe to tell you the truth. I enjoyed watching Maximo park on interactive last night, so much i bought tickets to see them in Donny in October! Get in :D

Edit - Although after last weeks gig at wembleh, ( Muse) my expectations are sky high!

Agree. The Killers are average. Very overated. :whistle:

The Pigeon Detectives were fantastic though :cool:

Archived