Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

New Bands

The Gaslight Anthem

Brilliant debut album sink or swim well worth checking out

For a 10 yrs i haven't been so excited of any band like i am bout this... makes me feel like a teenager again!! This kind of surprises makes me believe in music after all these years, and i thought nothing gives me creeps anymore!

Just looked thru all posts never heard of any of these bands so been slowly going thru myspace looking for them.

So far liked them all Jack pentate, Bombay Bicycle Club and The twilight Sad all awesome :)

Was trying to find hefner but can't if any one could help out with a link that would be great

Just heard the decemberists pretty good.

Suprising that you guys all have taste

Have you heard of Milburn? If not, take a look at them.

And yes people I know they're not new...

I've got one single. I think I would have liked them more if I didn't have an irrational hatred of Darren Hayman's face.

I'm sure he's a lovely bloke

:D

Irrational hatred is the best type of hatred, in my opinion.

In fact, if there were a league table of the types of hatred (which I wish there were), it would be sitting pretty at the top, just above 'mis-directed' and 'driven-by-rejection'.

Valerenga, have you heard of an artist called Caribou?

yeah, i had some on my now deceased ipod, think they used to be called something else though didn't they... i have a feeling they are on the same label as animal collective?

might actuall still have it on my external hard drive...

you like?

yeah, i had some on my now deceased ipod, think they used to be called something else though didn't they... i have a feeling they are on the same label as animal collective?

might actuall still have it on my external hard drive...

you like?

Yeah, Dan Snaith, he's got a new album out called Andorra. Sounds up your street. He used to be called Manitoba.

Yeah, Dan Snaith, he's got a new album out called Andorra. Sounds up your street. He used to be called Manitoba.

manitoba, that's it...!!!

i got, ha, i downloaded the caribou album when i was getting into boards of canada, but can't remember the connection, it's been a while since i heard the album i had...

i'll check it out, see if i can get it on soulseek - need to get away, just hit the top of todays posters, oh dear!

• 2 weeks later...
Got a reccomendation bulletin from the cribs on myspace about them.

And any friend of the cribs is a friend of mine.

Alright in the morning is a tuuuune too :thumbup:

I found out from Damo the music man of course. Only got one though. I think some sendage needs to be done. :P

I found out from Damo the music man of course. Only got one though. I think some sendage needs to be done. :P

Oh boy, I've only got 4 songs!! plus they wont work for you as being a gullible, security concious fool I got 'em off itunes.

The album may need to be purchased.

• 1 month later...

Just today found a band i really like called Lowlife, Rock/Grungy/Indie band from Manchester. I really like their sound, check em out

http://www.myspace.com/THISISLOWLIFE

Also liking a band called The Courteeners, band from Manchester as well, been getting a bit of press lately because the lead singer is a typical Manc lead singer, slagging everyone in the world off. If you like The Libertines you should check em out.

Others that you might wanna check out.......

Pull TIger Tail (Not that new)

Kubicheck

Tokyo Police Club (also not that new)

I have the album :D it's really good actually. They are definitely not new tho, i got that album in 05 and i saw them live supporting the Bravery then as well.

Just today found a band i really like called Lowlife, Rock/Grungy/Indie band from Manchester. I really like their sound, check em out

http://www.myspace.com/THISISLOWLIFE

Also liking a band called The Courteeners, band from Manchester as well, been getting a bit of press lately because the lead singer is a typical Manc lead singer, slagging everyone in the world off. If you like The Libertines you should check em out.

The Courteeners are making waves in Manchester at the moment, but then Manchester has such an awful and fragmented music scene its not really hard to stand out. Not really my thing but if the city can get its act together than they might go somewhere. The music scene here isn't really helping any bands get out of the city though.

Seen Lowlife once. They were ok I suppose. Best band in Manchester at the moment are Air Cav imo. They do sound a bit like Arcade Fire but they can be forgiven for that.

www.myspace.com/aircavmusic

I've also been really impressed with The Vanguard although they are a very new band and have only done a handful of gigs so far and still have a lot to do. Other than that there is f**k all happening in Manc at the minute.

• 2 weeks later...
They are ****ing amazing.

I well hope they make it big. Although, they'll probably go sh*t then.

Discussions is a brilliant track.

Yup saw them a while back in a field along with a good 6 other people. They still shone brightly. THat may have been the guitarists yellow skinny jeans mind!

Casualty is pure class.

Archived