Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

New Bands

Well i can barely reccommend this band as iv'e never actually heard a single one of their songs!

But a couple of people i know are ranting and raving about them and invited me to come to see them at the shed but unfortunately i have a football match.

Theyre called, Evil Scarecrow.

Anybody heard of them? Are they any good? And yes theyre new, i know that much anyway lol

Not particularly new but I saw them live for the first time on Saturday at the Jazz Cafe in Camden.

Bugz in the Attic.

Never seen ANY group enjoy their music so much. Totally infectious enthusiasm and massively talented musicians (one of the guys played bongos, keyboards, flute AND sang at different points in the same song).

They combined breakbeat, hip hop, jazz, soul, funk, reggae quite superbly. And all the time with a huge smile on their faces. Best band I've seen live since Jurassic 5.

Another one that's not new but again only just managed to catch them myself.

The Boxer Rebellion - Exits (album) from 2005.

Wow. Never heard it before. This really is a fantastic album. It sounds to me like what I wish The Cooper Temple Clause had released instead of Kick Up The Flames...

I can't recommend it enough. I will be listening to this A LOT.

Another one that's not new but again only just managed to catch them myself.

The Boxer Rebellion - Exits (album) from 2005.

Wow. Never heard it before. This really is a fantastic album. It sounds to me like what I wish The Cooper Temple Clause had released instead of Kick Up The Flames...

You've just sold me.

Already got it. I might sneak a listen tonight, but otherwise I won't get a chance until Wednesday or Thursday.

Oh and as for the general subject of the thread, I've suddenly "found" The Decemberists. Mmmmm. "July, July!" is absolutely smashing.

Already got it. I might sneak a listen tonight, but otherwise I won't get a chance until Wednesday or Thursday.

Oh and as for the general subject of the thread, I've suddenly "found" The Decemberists. Mmmmm. "July, July!" is absolutely smashing.

My like. :thumbsup:

Let's listen to some Hefner, shall we?

Since you're almost constantly banging on about them, what should I listen to? Can't promise I'll get around to it soon, but I'll download something at the very least.

I got Menomena's 'I Am The Fun Blame Monster' today. Great album. Listened to it 3 times running.

Since you're almost constantly banging on about them, what should I listen to? Can't promise I'll get around to it soon, but I'll download something at the very least.

I got Menomena's 'I Am The Fun Blame Monster' today. Great album. Listened to it 3 times running.

Hymn for the Cigarettes.

I Took Her Love for Granted.

Hello Kitten.

Anything you can find really.

Hymn for the Cigarettes.

I Took Her Love for Granted.

Hello Kitten.

Anything you can find really.

just downloaded the fidely wars... and listened to the 1st two tracks you mention... i like...

i mean i don't imagine they'll change my life but definately fill a space in my sound world...

kind of makes me think of a few other bands: aztec camera, james, talking heads... without actually sounding anything like them!

when's this album from?

oh, and thanks for the tip.

The only bands that they remind me of at all really is the Hidden Cameras and bizarrely (because they don't sound very similar) - Pavement.

The Fidelity Wars was released in 1999.

It's their second album, the first being my personal favourite, Breaking God's Heart (1998).

They moved from lo-fi, acoustic-y folk-y songs of love and loss towards a more experimental, synthy, electronica sound, culminating in the release of Dead Media, and latterly Kick, Snare, Hats, Ride in 2001,2002 respectively before disbanding.

They re-appeared of a fashion as The French for a short while.

The only bands that they remind me of at all really is the Hidden Cameras and bizarrely (because they don't sound very similar) - Pavement.

The Fidelity Wars was released in 1999.

It's their second album, the first being my personal favourite, Breaking God's Heart (1998).

They moved from lo-fi, acoustic-y folk-y songs of love and loss towards a more experimental, synthy, electronica sound, culminating in the release of Dead Media, and latterly Kick, Snare, Hats, Ride in 2001,2002 respectively before disbanding.

They re-appeared of a fashion as The French for a short while.

so a similar sort of progression as stereolab, just listening to the rest of the album... can't find the others yet....

Why didn't you say! :w00t:

I'll get round to it as soon as I can.

Start with Breaking God's Heart album mate.

You'll love them if you can put up with some fairly whiney (although no doubt heartfelt) vocals in some places.

christ, have you not heard the whiny stuff that lot listen to!

Just looked thru all posts never heard of any of these bands so been slowly going thru myspace looking for them.

So far liked them all Jack pentate, Bombay Bicycle Club and The twilight Sad all awesome :)

Was trying to find hefner but can't if any one could help out with a link that would be great

Just heard the decemberists pretty good.

Suprising that you guys all have taste

Archived