Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

New Bands

Currently i am loving ...

- The Little Ones

- Cajun Dance Party

- Kate Nash

- Blood Red Shoes

- WinerKids

- Elle Milano

- Jack Penate

- The Maccabees

- The Rumble Strips

What are other peeps into? I was thinking along the 'indie types' lines but feel free to discuss as wide a berth of choonage as you want ...

- The Little Ones

- Cajun Dance Party

- Kate Nash

- Blood Red Shoes

- WinerKids

- Elle Milano

- Jack Penate

- The Maccabees

- The Rumble Strips

What are other peeps into? I was thinking along the 'indie types' lines but feel free to discuss as wide a berth of choonage as you want ...

what/who are these bands like?

- The Little Ones - summer sounding indie rock types whose influences include beach boys and the zombies (probably) - d/l 'Lover Who Uncovers'

- Cajun Dance Party - Indie pop types massive on myspace with soft sounding sing a longs d/l 'The Firework'

- Kate Nash - harshly compared to Lily Allen but is closer to a female Jamie T - d/l 'Birds'

- Blood Red Shoes - is 2 peeps making loud noises along the long blondes/BYOP vein and is very very good - d/l 'ADHD'

- WinerKids - Catchiest melodies ever invented sing and dance worthy indie art pop hear it to love it. d/l 'All The Money' and 'Tape It'

- Elle Milano - a gay punk nightmare - sample lyric 'Sorry for being so middle class/Spolit little me i've got my head up my own arse' - d/l 'Swearing For Art Students'

- Jack Penate - solo set for big things along the lines of paulo nutini/ james morrison but far better - d/l 'Got My Favourite'

- The Maccabees - borderline generic indie types with hooks all over the place and catchy tunes and lyrics you'll be singing for days, my description does them no justice at all cos there far too good for that - d/l 'X-Ray' and 'Precious Time'

- The Rumble Strips - indie rockage with a whole lot or horns set for big things with new single 'Alarm Clock' d/l it now.

PM me for my msn if you want any of them on mp3 or just want a nice chat.

Frank Turner

Gallows

some band called The Ziggens I have only just heard of

The Draft

The Falcon

and my current favourite

The Nightwatchman Like a modern day johnny cash Tom Morello from RATM and an acoustic guitar but an awesome album!!

Are Elle Milano new?

Not a big fan but thought they'd been about a while.

were you still loitering around the OS when Loz was posting he run that online fanzine atomicduster! (hows that for a memory!!) Elle Milano were the Leicester band he managed and got onto the Steve Lamaq show not sure if he still manages them

were you still loitering around the OS when Loz was posting he run that online fanzine atomicduster! (hows that for a memory!!) Elle Milano were the Leicester band he managed and got onto the Steve Lamaq show not sure if he still manages them

I remember him, but nothing about him managing Elle Milano. Perhaps thats where I heard about them. Have certainly known of them for a fair while.

Didn't realise they were a Leicester band though.

Elle Milano are not brand new no i've been into for a while since the 2nd of November says my iTunes but i've recently got back into em and assumed not many people would've heard of them and called my bluff in the same way you could have about The Maccabees or Winterkids.

Coincidently Winterkids and Elle Milano are co-headling at either Firebug or Sumo very soon 27th i think but don't quote me and would definately be worth the ticket price.

- The Little Ones - summer sounding indie rock types whose influences include beach boys and the zombies (probably) - d/l 'Lover Who Uncovers'

- Cajun Dance Party - Indie pop types massive on myspace with soft sounding sing a longs d/l 'The Firework'

- Kate Nash - harshly compared to Lily Allen but is closer to a female Jamie T - d/l 'Birds'

- Blood Red Shoes - is 2 peeps making loud noises along the long blondes/BYOP vein and is very very good - d/l 'ADHD'

- WinerKids - Catchiest melodies ever invented sing and dance worthy indie art pop hear it to love it. d/l 'All The Money' and 'Tape It'

- Elle Milano - a gay punk nightmare - sample lyric 'Sorry for being so middle class/Spolit little me i've got my head up my own arse' - d/l 'Swearing For Art Students'

- Jack Penate - solo set for big things along the lines of paulo nutini/ james morrison but far better - d/l 'Got My Favourite'

- The Maccabees - borderline generic indie types with hooks all over the place and catchy tunes and lyrics you'll be singing for days, my description does them no justice at all cos there far too good for that - d/l 'X-Ray' and 'Precious Time'

- The Rumble Strips - indie rockage with a whole lot or horns set for big things with new single 'Alarm Clock' d/l it now.

PM me for my msn if you want any of them on mp3 or just want a nice chat.

this is what we want! :D

elle milano, however, sound like the kind of nauseating pretentious doody i used to contend with in camden for most of the 1990s, so no thanks! :rolleyes:

- The Little Ones

- Cajun Dance Party

- Kate Nash

- Blood Red Shoes

- WinerKids

- Elle Milano

- Jack Penate

- The Maccabees

- The Rumble Strips

I'll be adding you on msn at some point to check this lot out..

:)

Give me some good songs/good album by them, when I start bringing some dosh in I'm gonna buy me a bunch of tapes or something.

They've got a fantastic EP on iTunes called The Boy I Used To Be, four tracks, £3.16. I'll send you some demos as well when we're both on MSN at some point.

There opening set at V last year was awesome blew Keith out of the water i thought.

TPH feel free to add me on the ol' MSN but please don't laff at the ridiculousness of me email address, it used to be funny ... [email protected]

Oh the shame!

Valarenga ill send ya a zip file with a bunch of songs to your email tommorrow as im off out now.

• 2 weeks later...
Did you get the zip file of the Little Ones Valarenga?

The Winterkids zip file should be in transit soon, i've not forgotten don't worry. :thumbup:

no.

but i did download an ep by them which was interesting?

i thought my e.mail wasn't on my profile? PM to tell me where you sent it...

Archived