Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

New Bands

no.

but i did download an ep by them which was interesting?

i thought my e.mail wasn't on my profile? PM to tell me where you sent it...

You PM'd me your email. I sent it to that one.

You still want the Winterkids sending?

You PM'd me your email. I sent it to that one.

You still want the Winterkids sending?

yeah, why not - off to kenya today, so no rush - say hi from me to davieg if you see him!

Probably not new to some of you but I've only just discovered them anyway...

New Cassettes

J'ADORE NEW CASSETTES

I post in capitals as i would like to shout this from the rooftops!

Great to see them on the road to V the other day aswell truly hope they make it :thumbup:

Saw them after work on a sunday afternoon whence i would normally be eating me sunday roast and they were still AMAZING!

• 2 weeks later...
Did you get the zip file of the Little Ones Valarenga?

The Winterkids zip file should be in transit soon, i've not forgotten don't worry. :thumbup:

got the little ones, will have a listen when i get back home - cheers...

looking forward to the winterkids now....

anything else good, around?

It's just been brought down to the final 4 I think.

The only two I can remember were Bright Lights and The Outside Royalty.

Meh!

That means i have to go make an effort to go check stuff on the internet thats right in front of me!

Pffft!

Midasuno are the oldest "new" band I've ever dug. Their debut album's only just come out but I've been listening to them since 2002. They've come a long way and "matured" since, but I'd say their music has gotten worse, IMO.

They came up and, believe it or not, played The SHED in '02 and it was, without doubt, still to this day one of the top-five live acts I've ever seen. Their music, on record, has never, EVER, done justice to the phenomenal energy and power of their live set but it's all the same quite good. I'll try and find some of their older stuff out from somewhere.

Oh, and, I hope they get famous - because we hung out with them at Reading '02. And that's got to be something to tell people. :thumbup:

As everyone's on the YouSendIt line, I uploaded some older tracks for your listening pleasure.

I'd class the enemy as still relatively new as their album only came out in July, and I certainly reccomend it.

Also a band Fez mentioned earlier in the thread - Bombay Bicycle Club, love 'em!! The E.p is very good and although there is only 4 songs I've listened to them loads over the summer, would love to see an album from these soon. Open House is my favourite tune, think its got over 100 plays on itunes!! But their all great.

I'd class the enemy as still relatively new as their album only came out in July, and I certainly reccomend it.

Also a band Fez mentioned earlier in the thread - Bombay Bicyle Club, love 'em!! The E.p is very good and although there is only 4 songs I've listened to them loads over the summer, would love to see an album from these soon. Open House is my favourite tune, think it over 100 plays on itunes!! But their all great.

Yeah I like them too. Personally 'The Hill' is the best one I've heard of theirs but I like them all so far.

Also a band Fez mentioned earlier in the thread - Bombay Bicycle Club, love 'em!! The E.p is very good and although there is only 4 songs I've listened to them loads over the summer, would love to see an album from these soon. Open House is my favourite tune, think its got over 100 plays on itunes!! But their all great.

If you join their group on Facebook there's a link on their discussion board to about 7 more demos, all good.

Archived