Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Most eagerly anticipated forthcoming album and gig

Until yesterday I'd probably have to look back to Radiohead & OK Computer/Prodigy & Fat of the Land/Chemicals & DYOH for my most eagerly anticipated album but with the news that Portishead are due to release their third studio album soon I thought it'd be interesting to see who everyone else is getting excited about at the minute...

So for me:

Album - Portishead

Gig - Hot Chip (Lovebox Weekender, if I go) or Underworld (in October (?), again if I go!)

Looking forward to the new Elbow album as they never let you down. Massive Attack should have be February and still no sign of it. Hopefully soon.

Portishead album has ment to be coming for the past four years. They performed two new songs at an jamming session they did in a Bristol pub in the New Year but from what I can tell that is all they have written at the moment. You may have along wait.

Looking forward to the new Elbow album as they never let you down. Massive Attack should have be February and still no sign of it. Hopefully soon.

Portishead album has ment to be coming for the past four years. They performed two new songs at an jamming session they did in a Bristol pub in the New Year but from what I can tell that is all they have written at the moment. You may have along wait.

Their MySpace entries suggest it's coming along and the gig they're doing in December should hopefully be the precursor to a release. Spring 2008 as an estimate? Well worth the wait, although 10 years is a long time!

I am very much looking forward to LPs by:

Stephen Fretwell (Aug/Sept)

Kent (October hopefully)

Gigs:

The Hold Steady at Summer Sundae

Best live act around at the moment IMO.

There was something in the Merc about them pulling out of Summer Sundae, seems to be a bit up in the air at the moment. Might be worth looking into.

Archived