Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Mercury Music Prize 2007

• 1 month later...

jamie-t... WTF!

i wasn't sure if he was the one who did that comedy-pseudo-rap-streetswannabe shit about being a celebrity, so i went to his myspace, and i'm still not sure but what i can say is this is the most laughable heap of shit i have ever heard, utterly contrived horse-wank posturing cack...

that 'lets go back to mine' - is that a joke, that backing sounds like a four year old playing piano over a drum beat, surely not classifiable as great music, i know i'm old fashioned musically, yet i do like a bit of rap, but this is just embarrassing, he sounds like tim westwood, and everybody knows he sounds like a (unt....

mercury music prize - well they've gone from nominating household names to nominating deliberately obscure artists...

by the way, i met (sort of) amy winehouse in camden, in the good mixer, so i guess that kind of makes up for me being so 'old-manish' about jamie-t...

jamie-t... WTF!

i wasn't sure if he was the one who did that comedy-pseudo-rap-streetswannabe shit about being a celebrity, so i went to his myspace, and i'm still not sure but what i can say is this is the most laughable heap of shit i have ever heard, utterly contrived horse-wank posturing cack...

that 'lets go back to mine' - is that a joke, that backing sounds like a four year old playing piano over a drum beat, surely not classifiable as great music, i know i'm old fashioned musically, yet i do like a bit of rap, but this is just embarrassing, he sounds like tim westwood, and everybody knows he sounds like a (unt....

mercury music prize - well they've gone from nominating household names to nominating deliberately obscure artists...

by the way, i met (sort of) amy winehouse in camden, in the good mixer, so i guess that kind of makes up for me being so 'old-manish' about jamie-t...

Nothing wrong with Jamie T, Brilliant artist.

So you like him then Valerenga? :unsure:

Personally I quite like him. Decent album :dunno:

nah, bag of wank...

i guess he's one of those 'love him/hate him' acts...

i play and write music, and some of these artists that make this half-arsed lazy one finger music just embarrass me - if you've listened to art Tatum or spent hours trying to find the right note in a composition it's very frustrating to hear someone RELEASE something that is, musically, so amateurish - and his voice, seems so unnatural, he's probably from oxford or something...

nah, bag of wank...

i play and write music, and some of these artists that make this half-arsed lazy one finger music just embarrass me - if you've listened to art Tatum or spent hours trying to find the right note in a composition it's very frustrating to hear someone RELEASE something that is, musically, so amateurish - and his voice, seems so unnatural, he's probably from oxford or something...

I think he's from Wimbledon :unsure:

Amy Winehouse should win but I don't think she will, especially with recent events.

Haven't heard too much of Bats for Lashes so I can't really comment on them.

Arctic Monkeys album is good but nothing special and isn't as good as the 1st.

Klaxons and NYPC album's are too hit and miss to be considered

The View's is worth having but isn't amazing

Jamie T is easy listening but nothing more.

The Young Knives are rubbish lol

Haven't heard the others.

nah, bag of wank...

So spot on. I know exactly what you mean.

Forgot about this, I'd like to see the View win to have someone different even though the arctic's album is a bit better.

the view, different??? DIFFERENT???

No, Bats For Lashes, Amy Winehouse, Klaxons are different! The View are never gonna win it i'm afraid, i've never heard a band that sounds so much like a bad Libertines.

Jamie T is who i want to win but i'm sure with it being the mercury prize it will be Amy Winehouse, it will definately not be another rock/indie band.

the view, different??? DIFFERENT???

No, Bats For Lashes, Amy Winehouse, Klaxons are different! The View are never gonna win it i'm afraid, i've never heard a band that sounds so much like a bad Libertines.

Jamie T is who i want to win but i'm sure with it being the mercury prize it will be Amy Winehouse, it will definately not be another rock/indie band.

He meant he didn't want Artic Monkeys to win again.

Oh right, no I've been meaning to sort recording things out for months but haven't yet. Need some drum/bass tracks too preferably.

ok, well let us know when you get to it...

do you have a rhythm section? my mate runs a studio in leicester, i think they're pretty cheap...

Archived