Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Mercury Music Prize 2007

Amy Winehouse - Back To Black

Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare

Basquiat Strings - Basquiat Strings with Seb Rochford

Bat for Lashes - Fur and Gold

Dizzee Rascal - Maths + English

Fiona Regan - The End of History

Jamie T - Panic Prevention

Klaxons - Myths of the Near Future

Maps - We Can Create

New Young Pony Club - Fantastic Playroom

The View - Hats Off to the Buskers

The Young Knives - Voices of Animals and Men

Right so who do you think should win?

From what I have/have heard gotta be the Arctic Monkeys.

Amy Winehouse - I've heard but it not what I like TBH, Its ok but not that good.

Arctic Monkeys - Brilliant. Nuff' Sed!

Dizzee Rascal - Not heard the whole album but heard bits and it doesn't sound too bad.

Jamie T - Like what i've heard.

Klaxons - Pretty good album but not good enough to win.

The View - Not bad but again not good enough to win IMO.

The only possible reason I could think of for allowing Amy Winehouse to win would be that on stage she'd be easier to assassinate.

nyet12303051940.widec.jpg

You could fit in that hair (?)

The only possible reason I could think of for allowing Amy Winehouse to win would be that on stage she'd be easier to assassinate.

lol Agreed! :worship:

Won't be the Arctic's. I very much doubt they'll go for a straight down the line guitar rock album twice in a row. They like to at least look a bit innovative now and then to keep the profile up, despite them going for suprisingly normal choices maybe 80% of the time.

Won't be the Arctic's. I very much doubt they'll go for a straight down the line guitar rock album twice in a row. They like to at least look a bit innovative now and then to keep the profile up, despite them going for suprisingly normal choices maybe 80% of the time.

Of the albums i've listened to off the shortlist, there's is the best though.

Of the albums i've listened to off the shortlist, there's is the best though.

I've not listened to a lot of them, but its better than what I have heard (and bits I've heard of the others). Only thing is 'best' is an immensely subjective term. Difficult to know what they're going to go for. If it's innovation or originality, they'll probably get fook all. If they focus on stuff closer to their stronger points, they make have a chance.

Don't see it happening, though.

I've not listened to a lot of them, but its better than what I have heard (and bits I've heard of the others). Only thing is 'best' is an immensely subjective term. Difficult to know what they're going to go for. If it's innovation or originality, they'll probably get fook all. If they focus on stuff closer to their stronger points, they make have a chance.

Don't see it happening, though.

There can only be one winner, and that's Malkit Singh

Archived