Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Which Championship attacking force frightens you?

As we all seem to be rather elated at the moment, which Championship attacking force frightens you at the moment?? Mine has to be Sheff.Utd's..

They've got a choice of:-

Rob Hulse

James Beattie

Jon Stead

Billy Sharp

Luton Shelton

gulp.... they are real quality; whereas Charlton also have some good ones..

Luke Varney

Svetoslav Todorov

Izale McLeod

Marcus Bent

Chris Iwelumo

As we all seem to be rather elated at the moment, which Championship attacking force frightens you at the moment?? Mine has to be Sheff.Utd's..

They've got a choice of:-

Rob Hulse

James Beattie

Jon Stead

Billy Sharp

Luton Shelton

gulp.... they are real quality; whereas Charlton also have some good ones..

Luke Varney

Svetoslav Todorov

Izale McLeod

Marcus Bent

Chris Iwelumo

You forgot Chris Dickson :o

You forgot Chris Dickson :o

Blimey, nice to see a Charltonite on here before I've even asked my fellow compatriots... you can have Elvis Hammond if you want??? But then again, I'm rather pleased with our attacking options too considering we've got..

Iain Hume

Matty Fryatt - at last is fit !!!

Carl Cort

DJ Campbell

Ricky Sappleton

Mark De Vries - who is looking a different player :blink:

Blimey, nice to see a Charltonite on here before I've even asked my fellow compatriots... you can have Elvis Hammond if you want??? But then again, I'm rather pleased with our attacking options too considering we've got..

Iain Hume

Carl Cort

DJ Campbell

Ricky Sappleton

Mark De Vries - who is looking a different player :blink:

lol

Err..Maybye for free :D

I havnt heard of De Vries since he scored against Spurs to knock them out the FA Cup ages ago

Only really Wolves with Keogh, Eastwood, Boothroyd and Elliott. But its more the support they will get from the likes of Kightley and Jarvis which will make them a force.

Apart from that not much really. I'd never shit myself from the likes of Jon Stead, Rob Hulse and Iwelumo. The only one in that lot I would watch out for would be Todorov and possibly sharp depending on how he adjusts to this level.

Only really Wolves with Keogh, Eastwood, Boothroyd and Elliott. But its more the support they will get from the likes of Kightley and Jarvis which will make them a force.

Apart from that not much really. I'd never shit myself from the likes of Jon Stead, Rob Hulse and Iwelumo. The only one in that lot I would watch out for would be Todorov and possibly sharp depending on how he adjusts to this level.

Nah Hulse is quality, and Beattie is gonna have a big season. Luton Shelton is supposedly quality as well... he'll be in the Blades team at some point. Stead too will score goals at this level and they've got Sharp... HOWEVER, as you said, they're all strikers who rely on service and maybe Sheff.Utd's midfield ain't that brilliant.. they'll rely alot on Michael Tonge.

lol

Err..Maybye for free :D

I havnt heard of De Vries since he scored against Spurs to knock them out the FA Cup ages ago

Been on loan in Holland, but I've never really minded him.. only one of the few fans he has got. Hopefully he'll shove the derogatory comments down City fans' throats this year, having lost his weight and looking much sharper :worship:

Been on loan in Holland, but I've never really minded him.. only one of the few fans he has got. Hopefully he'll shove the derogatory comments down City fans' throats this year, having lost his weight and looking much sharper :worship:

Hmm. Hopefully he'll be better than Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink was last season. The most overrated peice of crap around.

Nah Hulse is quality, and Beattie is gonna have a big season. Luton Shelton is supposedly quality as well... he'll be in the Blades team at some point. Stead too will score goals at this level and they've got Sharp... HOWEVER, as you said, they're all strikers who rely on service and maybe Sheff.Utd's midfield ain't that brilliant.. they'll rely alot on Michael Tonge.

Good point about Sheff Utd. I think Hendrie will do well in their Midfield too so they could be like last seasons west Brom - starting off with the best team on paper. However for all their capable players they have one man very capable of Fcking it all up, Bryan Robson.

3-2-1 your back in the room! :rolleyes:

Charlton and Sheffield United. Got quality in numbers! Very unlikely that all their strikers will be misfiring, so likelyhood that 2 will always be banging them in and the others picking up the slack!

WIth us, Hume hopefully has a good season and I think DJ will score 10+. I think De Vries will try hard but get very little return. Cort will spend most of time on injury table. Fryatt...BIG BIG IF over him, i'm not as confident as most on here whether he will produce the goods this season. I rate him and have faith but ppl in here are expecting way to much from him! Sappleton, be used as last resort, i.e we are mid-table and misfiring upfront, could suprise us but doubt it yet.

Tonge is overrated.

I think blackstock and nardiello for QPR will be the un-expected surprise this year causing some problems

I wouldn't say their strike force actually frightens me, but I think a few people are writing off QPR a bit too prematurely this season. I noted that a number of people have them in bottom three even! I'd place them at comfortable mid-table- not sure they have quite enough to make a go of the play-offs but they certainly have enough to unsettle a few teams...

As for attacking forces that frighten me, well Sheff Utd, Wolves and Charlton have decent attacking options but I can't say I'm unduly worried about any of them.

Iain Hume

Carl Cort

DJ Campbell

Ricky Sappleton

Mark De Vries - who is looking a different player :blink: once scored 4 goals in one game for hearts...who would have believed it

Archived