Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Which Championship attacking force frightens you?

Worried about Marlon King in the second home game if hes fully recovered from his injury he could be dangerous last time he was playing Championship football he ripped defences apart. there are alot of good strikers around this year these are some that could cause problems

Robbie Fowler & Steve Maclean

Svetoslav Todorov & Izale Mcleod

Danny Nardiello & Ben Sahar

James Beattie & Rob Hulse

Gregorz Rasiak & Marek Saganowski

They ar proborbly the main strike pairs that are worrying but alot of teams have good attackers this year hopefully Bruno and Kis can deal with them

Good point about Sheff Utd. I think Hendrie will do well in their Midfield too so they could be like last seasons west Brom - starting off with the best team on paper. However for all their capable players they have one man very capable of Fcking it all up, Bryan Robson.

Oh crumbs chief, forgot, they've now got Hendrie as well doh !!

I wouldn't say their strike force actually frightens me, but I think a few people are writing off QPR a bit too prematurely this season. I noted that a number of people have them in bottom three even! I'd place them at comfortable mid-table- not sure they have quite enough to make a go of the play-offs but they certainly have enough to unsettle a few teams...

As for attacking forces that frighten me, well Sheff Utd, Wolves and Charlton have decent attacking options but I can't say I'm unduly worried about any of them.

Agree about QPR, think they'll be darkhorses this season, considering they have Blackstock, Nardiello, Nygaard and Sahar this year. They will need to replace Lee Cook however !!

None of them. If we're going to win anything we'll have to beat good sides but as an individual and if I were manager, I'd let the opposition worry about us.

As an individual, I would worry sheep...that would worry the opposition plenty.

In all honesty, none of the strike forces here are any better than Hume, Fryatt, Campbell, Cort, De Vries, Sappleton. If, big if, we were to sign Murphy, there is not a better midfield in the league than Murphy, Clemence, Kishishev & Weslowski. How many better centre half pairings are there in the league than N'Gotty & Kisnorbo..?

In all honesty, none of the strike forces here are any better than Hume, Fryatt, Campbell, Cort, De Vries, Sappleton. If, big if, we were to sign Murphy, there is not a better midfield in the league than Murphy, Clemence, Kishishev & Weslowski. How many better centre half pairings are there in the league than N'Gotty & Kisnorbo..?

:laugh:

Beattie, Sharp, Hulse, Stead, Shelton, Webber, Nade.

Hume, Fryatt, Campbell, Cort, de Vries, Sappleton.

No contest.

The Charlton strike-force has an element of quality about it but they have so many question marks over some of the players including McLeod playing at this level, and Todorovs fitness. Wolves have added Eastwood and Elliot to last seasons decent attack of Bothroyd, Frankowski and Keogh but Ive got to go for Sheff Utd who may have two pace-less bruisers up front in Beattie and Hulse but if the team play to their strengths they will be awesome at this level. They also have Billy Sharp, Jon Stead and a player who impressed me towards the end of last season, Luton Shelton to pick from.

Wolves have added Eastwood and Elliot to last seasons decent attack of Bothroyd, Frankowski and Keogh.

Please you did not just say that :o

The Pole without a goal was the biggest waste of money ever.

il go for Sheff Utd but with Gary Breen in our defence all of them frightens me, even Blackpool

A packet of BBQ rib flavoured walkers crisps, a pair of M&S socks and a pair of Addidas shorts say he doesn't score 15 league goals.

Dangerous territory, this. I think he'll do well there but they have a lot of strikers and they might all chip in with a few goals in the same way that Birmingham's did last year, rather than one or two bagging 15+ each.

A packet of BBQ rib flavoured walkers crisps, a pair of M&S socks and a pair of Addidas shorts say he doesn't score 15 league goals.

Seriously mate, merely as a point of interest I suppose for the two of us, I reckon Beattie will be very good this season and put away at least 15.

Seriously mate, merely as a point of interest I suppose for the two of us, I reckon Beattie will be very good this season and put away at least 15.

Merely as a point of interest it is then, although I would of liked a bag of crisps at the end of the season.

i think we have a good attacking force this year and hopefully we will prove it :thumbup:

Iain Hume

Matty Fryatt

DJ Campbell

Carl Cort

Ricky Sappleton

Mark De vries

i think fryatt and hume will bag loads goals this season, i just got that feeling thsi is gonna be a good year :rolleyes:

Why do people keep mentioning Sappleton?

He's a kid, a monster of a kid, but a kid none the less that will not feature in our first team outings this season...if he does then we are going to struggle to make 12th by May. Is he going to be making double figures? No.

Cort will not get close (if we even see him), Hume will net 12-odd again and DJ has an awful lot to prove. As for Fryatt, if he hasn't broken 8 goals by Xmas then we should just leave him out with the bags of wrapping paper on Boxing Day: he's had his chance to shine, I reckon he's surplus to requirements...but I'll give him till then before getting really vocal.

As a strike force they are a pretty rum lot, the onus is on the midfield to keep providing chance after chance after chance. The way this lot will succeed is if we keep bombarding opponents, which would make for some hugely exciting games.

Game on.

Our own strikeforce frightens me. It has the potential to fire blanks for extended periods of time. :ermm:

:ph34r:

lol

I'd say Wolves, not just the strikers but the creativity they have from midfield with Kightley and Jarvis now, I was a little surprised they let McIndoe go to be honest.

lol

I'd say Wolves, not just the strikers but the creativity they have from midfield with Kightley and Jarvis now, I was a little surprised they let McIndoe go to be honest.

He wanted to go and he wasnt seeing enough of the ball and he thought it was affecting his chances of getting a scotland call up. We have enough cover on the left anyway. even though javis is injured

Archived