Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Geo V

Which of the rumoured strikers should we sign?

Pick one  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Make your choice!

• Derek Riordan
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Kenny Miller
    • Andy Cole
    • Give Elvis more of a chance
    • Give Fryatt more of a chance
    • Give Odihambo more of a chance
    • Get a loan in
    • Recall Dodds
    • No probs - We have Carl Cort
    • Someone else
    • None - Im happy with what we have
    • The Ricky Option

Like so much I have read since I joined this forum in January, we think so differently as fans of the same team its unreal lol. The MDV debate goes on as some wont him out, others think he is the answer we need and the fence sitters like me cant make their mind up either way totally although maybe I want a better class striker to lead our line. I`ll probably change my mind on him by the end of the thread lol. Anyway as usual, I digress.

Ive listed 10 options of above and hopefully have covered all the bases.

I`d personally like Kenny Miller to come. He always looks a handful for Scotland and although he never really did well at Wolves, is very pacy and can finish. I want us to have a real pacy look about the side for the first time in years and with him and DJ upfront and Chambers with Kaebi on the left, I think we can be on to something good here.

As second choice I`d like the club to have an ambitious bid to bring Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in on loan. With Man Ures 20 strong super midfield and liking for a 4-5-1 formation, Im not sure where Solskjaer fits in for them, especially as Tevez is yet to play and Saha is apparently not far from full fitness. He may not have the pace of a Miller but he is a class finisher and a peno box player which would be a huge asset for us at this level.

Where the fock is the Sappleton option.

I refuse to vote until the Sappletiser plays some part in this vote.

I decided note to include him after he almost decided that he should be a first teamer although I didnt realise he scored twice against Villa reserves lolhttp://www.sportsjamaica.com/read_article.php?id=9899

Teenage striker and Jamaica hopeful, Reneil 'Ricky' Sappleton, is hoping to make the first team squad for his new club Leicester City when the English club football season kicks of this weekend.

Following his severance of ties with Queens Park Rangers, the club which took him on as a young schoolboy, Sappleton had a stint with Liverpool towards the end of the season before signing for Leicester in the off-season.

"What I have done so far I believe is good preparation for the season and my plan right now is to be in the team for the first game or at least on the bench and take it from there and I am doing my best to achieve that," said the powerfully-built six-footer who has so far featured in three pre-season matches.

"I have played about three pre-season games already. In one of those games I played for the reserves and scored twice against Aston Villa reserves. Those have been my only two goals so far.

"I have not scored for the big boys yet but I have got assists," he explained.

Career advancement

The move from Liverpool to Leicester Sappleton said was for the advancement of his career.

"At Liverpool they were always buying new players and with that I did not see myself getting into the first team for a while. I thought it was best for me to play at a Championship team and work my way up to the Premiership," he reasoned.

So far, he believes he could not have made a better choice.

"It is quite nice. It is a good place for a player to be at a young age if he wants to be in the first team. The manager (Martin Allen) is good with young people and you are selected based on your performance and ability.

"I am pretty happy right here. The environment is friendly and everyone gets along," said the player who will have to compete with the likes of Canadian Iain Hume, Carl Cort, DJ Campbell and Dutchman Mark De Vries for a position on the front line.

The competition, Sappleton said, is no problem. He believes that he is good enough and just "needs to work hard and prove myself".

In order to get himself in the best shape, the player who turns 18 in December, said he has been doing extra work to be sharp enough.

"I feel very fit right now but I am not 100 per cent. I have been staying back and working with the fitness trainer to get myself sharper. I even decided not to come to Jamaica in the holidays - my family came down - because I wanted to do more work to get myself prepared for this upcoming season," he said.

Breaking into the Leicester team is not the only goal of the player who left Jamaica close to 10 years ago. Donning the black, gold and green is still high on his agenda.

"I would still love to play for Jamaica. I am at a new team now so I am trying to settle down but as long as I am needed I will be there, and this is at any level that I am called for."

I decided note to include him after he almost decided that he should be a first teamer although I didnt realise he scored twice against Villa reserves lolhttp://www.sportsjamaica.com/read_article.php?id=9899

Teenage striker and Jamaica hopeful, Reneil 'Ricky' Sappleton, is hoping to make the first team squad for his new club Leicester City when the English club football season kicks of this weekend.

Following his severance of ties with Queens Park Rangers, the club which took him on as a young schoolboy, Sappleton had a stint with Liverpool towards the end of the season before signing for Leicester in the off-season.

"What I have done so far I believe is good preparation for the season and my plan right now is to be in the team for the first game or at least on the bench and take it from there and I am doing my best to achieve that," said the powerfully-built six-footer who has so far featured in three pre-season matches.

"I have played about three pre-season games already. In one of those games I played for the reserves and scored twice against Aston Villa reserves. Those have been my only two goals so far.

"I have not scored for the big boys yet but I have got assists," he explained.

Career advancement

The move from Liverpool to Leicester Sappleton said was for the advancement of his career.

"At Liverpool they were always buying new players and with that I did not see myself getting into the first team for a while. I thought it was best for me to play at a Championship team and work my way up to the Premiership," he reasoned.

So far, he believes he could not have made a better choice.

"It is quite nice. It is a good place for a player to be at a young age if he wants to be in the first team. The manager (Martin Allen) is good with young people and you are selected based on your performance and ability.

"I am pretty happy right here. The environment is friendly and everyone gets along," said the player who will have to compete with the likes of Canadian Iain Hume, Carl Cort, DJ Campbell and Dutchman Mark De Vries for a position on the front line.

The competition, Sappleton said, is no problem. He believes that he is good enough and just "needs to work hard and prove myself".

In order to get himself in the best shape, the player who turns 18 in December, said he has been doing extra work to be sharp enough.

"I feel very fit right now but I am not 100 per cent. I have been staying back and working with the fitness trainer to get myself sharper. I even decided not to come to Jamaica in the holidays - my family came down - because I wanted to do more work to get myself prepared for this upcoming season," he said.

Breaking into the Leicester team is not the only goal of the player who left Jamaica close to 10 years ago. Donning the black, gold and green is still high on his agenda.

"I would still love to play for Jamaica. I am at a new team now so I am trying to settle down but as long as I am needed I will be there, and this is at any level that I am called for."

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

:worship::worship::worship::worship:

Archived