Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxhateram

The Hayes'y wings

When Hayes came on he played really well. His runs were quality and some of the balls he put into the box should of been put in the back of the net. I was realy impresed and his work rate was excelent! I think he should start i couldnt really understand the midfield we played saturday we had clemence/weso/kishishev on the pitch all at the same time which meant we had no width watsoever however this did mean we were very tight in midfield and not much got through. The right hand side, what happened to Newton he seemed to get lost and lacked pace, but then again it was first game.

If we are going to play through an 11 man defence we seriously need to find a new route, because HOOOOFBALL to big mark is not going to break through, we need someone to run at the defence, to do a few tricks, to get wide and put some crosses in from the touch line, a defender who can supply a deep cross from the back, a defender to switch the ball across the pitch, we just need to vary what we are doing, Blackpool worked out our technique and knew exactly how to defend against it hense the lack of goals.

We need wingers and i think Hayes might do well on the right, Hayes on the right, Porter on the left, then i think we might have some width and go places.

p.s. i am not dissing the team, i am simply picking out the positives and negatives from saturday and trying to find a solution.

If we are going to play through an 11 man defence we seriously need to find a new route, because HOOOOFBALL to big mark is not going to break through, we need someone to run at the defence, to do a few tricks, to get wide and put some crosses in from the touch line, a defender who can supply a deep cross from the back, a defender to switch the ball across the pitch, we just need to vary what we are doing, Blackpool worked out our technique and knew exactly how to defend against it hense the lack of goals.

At our best, on Saturday, we were not playing "hoofball" for by far the bulk of the game.

In fact, it only really occurred when McCauley was trying to pass and then when Stearman came on.

At our best, on Saturday, we were not playing "hoofball" for by far the bulk of the game.

In fact, it only really occurred when McCauley was trying to pass and then when Stearman came on.

We were hitting it long for massive periods of the 2nd half, especially after their goal.

We were hitting it long for massive periods of the 2nd half, especially after their goal.

It was always going to happen when we went 1-0 down, the increased urgency often leads to that. I thought we actually passed it around well at times.

Stearman is the epitome of hoofing. Not good hoofing, but retarded, aimless hoofing.

No, the only times it was hoofed upfiled was out of Hendersons hands and when Stearman had it. We passed the ball around a lot better than people make out.

There's no question in my mind he should play centre-back right now.

I'm sick of having two pedestrian centre-backs.

And Stearman can join our three midfield players if we ever field an attacking member and try to get him supporting attacks - like Scholes or Lampard.

There's no question in my mind he should play centre-back right now.

I'm sick of having two pedestrian centre-backs.

And Stearman can join our three midfield players if we ever field an attacking member and try to get him supporting attacks - like Scholes or Lampard.

Stearman's distribution is even worse than Kisnorbo's. He's not even that quick.

No, the only times it was hoofed upfiled was out of Hendersons hands and when Stearman had it. We passed the ball around a lot better than people make out.

McAuley and Mattock were whacking it long too, and Clemence on more than one occasion came back down the pitch towards the defense, took the ball and tried long-range passes that didn't come off.

The ball was on the floor for a decent about of time, but the closer to the end it got the less that was the case and the less dangerous our chances looked.

Stearman's distribution is even worse than Kisnorbo's. He's not even that quick.

Hang-on!

What about his super-power that enables him to be inside the 18yard box? One minute he is a right-back...then, without anyone seeing it, he teleports into the oppo's penalty area just like Nightcrawler from the X-Men.

Unfortunately, as soon as whoever start to counter, he loses his teleporting powers to be replaced by limbs of lead. Not very useful for tracking back again but bloody handy for hoofing the ball.

Archived