Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue Fox

Allen: I'll keep shopping for stars

From Teamtalk

Leicester manager Martin Allen intends making more signings before the transfer window closes at the end of August.

Allen snapped up Clive Clarke and goalkeeper Marton Fulop this week on respective three-month and season-long loans from Sunderland.

He said: "Do I feel I have got the balance of the squad right now? No, I don't actually.

"For the first to games of the season we have been playing right-sided players on the left so that is a situation which clearly needs to be improved.

"This week I have been out at a game almost every night of the week because I want to find out as much as I can about players.

"We are also putting a good scouting system in place as well now."

From Teamtalk

Leicester manager Martin Allen intends making more signings before the transfer window closes at the end of August.

Allen snapped up Clive Clarke and goalkeeper Marton Fulop this week on respective three-month and season-long loans from Sunderland.

He said: "Do I feel I have got the balance of the squad right now? No, I don't actually.

"For the first to games of the season we have been playing right-sided players on the left so that is a situation which clearly needs to be improved.

"This week I have been out at a game almost every night of the week because I want to find out as much as I can about players.

Oh Allen has claws! Meaow!

Fair play though, he has stated what we have, so he must recognize what we all do about imbalance on the left side :cool:

And who's fault is it that we've not got the right balance? Who's fault is it that we were playing right footed central midfielders on the left hand side? The buck stops with the manager I'm afraid, especially when he made 12 signings before the season and none of them were left sided.

And who's fault is it that we've not got the right balance? Who's fault is it that we were playing right footed central midfielders on the left hand side? The buck stops with the manager I'm afraid, especially when he made 12 signings before the season and none of them were left sided.

I doubt he'd counted on Hayes being injured. He looks pretty left-sided to me. He might also have believed the hype about Mattock being a left-sided midfielder and considered he had cover.

Well a least he's recognised the problems we have :rolleyes:

We might finally see the left winger we have been craving for so long....

At least the manager is not out of touch with what we are all thinking.....

I can think of managers not so long ago that were blind to what was being said to them by the majority of fans.

And Fez its been a really rough afternoon fighting the penguin cause and frankly you're absence has left me feeling a little "polarized"......

get it? Polarized? No?

From Teamtalk

Bullshine...I realise now the bloke's not mad at all...he's just an idiot with enthusiasm! Milan get it sorted :rolleyes:

At least the manager is not out of touch with what we are all thinking.....

I can think of managers not so long ago that were blind to what was being said to them by the majority of fans.

And Fez its been a really rough afternoon fighting the penguin cause and frankly you're absence has left me feeling a little "polarized"......

get it? Polarized? No?

Very nice. Verrrry nice. Apologies for the absence. I have been preparing my MP3 player for the train journey down to London tomorrow.

As regards Anish's point, let's just be glad they know it's an issue eh? We have tried for left-sided players this summer, most notably Lee Hendrie. I'd rather they took their time and got in a really good one than panicked and signed a(nother) duffer.

Very nice. Verrrry nice. Apologies for the absence. I have been preparing my MP3 player for the train journey down to London tomorrow.

As regards Anish's point, let's just be glad they know it's an issue eh? We have tried for left-sided players this summer, most notably Lee Hendrie. I'd rather they took their time and got in a really good one than panicked and signed a(nother) duffer.

On the point of finding a quality set of new players to fill the void of quality in certain areas, I believe that we will get in name which may not be household to us i.e from Europe like the rumor from Portugal! Although like you say quality is worth waiting for, any fool could pick a new left midfielder!

blurts out Pisspot

Its no point in buying players just for the sake of it. He probably let McKay and Fuccilo do enough of that enough with the likes of Hellings and Nielsen! The left-sided players that we need to sign have to be the right ones or else we might as well let someone like Levi, Hayes or even Mattock play left-midfield.

Every day managers up and down the country buy new players and haven't had the success that MA has had in bringing players in but somehow some people still moan at the manager despite he seemingly inherited a really weak scouting network to assist. Its not just the manager who suggests players! We knew MA was a bloke from the lower divisions who wouldn't have a vast knowledge of European football so where is the help for him??!!

Anyway, we still have two weeks or so left to bring in players and for the record, he brought a left footed player in from Sunderland remember!

On the point of finding a quality set of new players to fill the void of quality in certain areas, I believe that we will get in name which may not be household to us i.e from Europe like the rumor from Portugal! Although like you say quality is worth waiting for, any fool could pick a new left midfielder!

blurts out Pisspot

Hellings...Neilson? :frusty:

Its no point in buying players just for the sake of it. He probably let McKay and Fuccilo do enough of that enough with the likes of Hellings and Nielsen! The left-sided players that we need to sign have to be the right ones or else we might as well let someone like Levi, Hayes or even Mattock play left-midfield.

Every day managers up and down the country buy new players and haven't had the success that MA has had in bringing players in but somehow some people still moan at the manager despite he seemingly inherited a really weak scouting network to assist. Its not just the manager who suggests players! We knew MA was a bloke from the lower divisions who wouldn't have a vast knowledge of European football so where is the help for him??!!

Anyway, we still have two weeks or so left to bring in players and for the record, he brought a left footed player in from Sunderland remember!

This is total bollox...all summer, 14 signings and still we are not right!..there has to something wrong surely? :dunno:

This is total bollox...all summer, 14 signings and still we are not right!..there has to something wrong surely? :dunno:

Man Utd spend £50m, Spurs spend £30m and both of them are yet to win after 2 games each but we sign 14 players, two who you have yet to see as they just arrived on loan and others like kaebi and Cort are not fit and all of a sudden the squad is not right? Judge this squad when you have seen him complete his signings and judge him when those signings have a string of games! Jeez! :frusty:

probably been on here a few times and read the posts

Why is anyone suprised? God almighty. You'd think the man's a simpleton, not someone who's spent his entire career in football. You think he didn't KNOW

Fucking hell this thread is utterly useless. Heads out of arses time, lads.

Archived