Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue Fox

Allen: I'll keep shopping for stars

This is pretty ridiculous, he's had far more resources than Levein/Kelly could dream of having. He's obviously made some pretty bad decisions if he's signed 14 players and still doesn't have any real left-sided options. Take responsibility rather than making a cheap swipe at our scouting system.

We should have signed Julian Gray from Brum.

There were quite a few players that I also felt we should have brought, especially Bosmans like Gray who have gone elsewhere. Maybe a mistake that MA has made is listening to McKay and Fuccillo along with Milan too much when he first joined the club and got roped into bringing some apparently average players (again, I cant confirm that as we haven't seen most of them have a proper run, Nielsen and Hellings included). One thing is for sure though is that if it was the aforementioned people who advised him on some of the previous signings, he seems to be digging his heels in and doing his way now. We could have had Fowler and Hasselbaink if Milan was manager but MA has decided to stick to his guns and say no. I think he`ll do it his way from herein or get sacked!

This is pretty ridiculous, he's had far more resources than Levein/Kelly could dream of having. He's obviously made some pretty bad decisions if he's signed 14 players and still doesn't have any real left-sided options. Take responsibility rather than making a cheap swipe at our scouting system.

What, then, are these obviously bad decisions you refer to? Can't you grasp the fact that the whole squad needed rebuilding from top to bottom. Mandaric and Allen are still only half-way through the process. Make no mistake, 14 players is the very least this club needs just to compete at this level. To point out the shortage of decent left-sided players at the club hardly requires the knowledge of a rocket scientist. To criticise the management for not having addressed that area yet is ridiculous given the overall improvements.

What, then, are these obviously bad decisions you refer to? Can't you grasp the fact that the whole squad needed rebuilding from top to bottom. Mandaric and Allen are still only half-way through the process. Make no mistake, 14 players is the very least this club needs just to compete at this level. To point out the shortage of decent left-sided players at the club hardly requires the knowledge of a rocket scientist. To criticise the management for not having addressed that area yet is ridiculous given the overall improvements.

There's been 2 games and hardly much improvement in both performances and results. I know it's too early to judge - but that's exactly what you're saying by stating that there have been "overall improvements".

A left-sided defender/midfielder should've been high on our list of priorities, rather than central midfielders which we have an abundance of. It's all too easy for Allen to say that we've not got the right balance - that's what he's here to do!

There's been 2 games and hardly much improvement in both performances and results. I know it's too early to judge - but that's exactly what you're saying by stating that there have been "overall improvements".

A left-sided defender/midfielder should've been high on our list of priorities, rather than central midfielders which we have an abundance of. It's all too easy for Allen to say that we've not got the right balance - that's what he's here to do!

You can't be seriously suggesting that there have been no improvements in the playing squad since last season.....are you?

What I am trying to point out is that it is the height of arrogance, and stupidity, to suggest that Martin Allen is somehow less able to see where weaknesses are in the squad any less than half the people on here...who are barely out of school it seems.

From BBC sports review of the week :

Over at Cardiff, the new strikeforce of Robbie Fowler and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (combined age 232) will surely be dubbed Darby and Joan. Neither will be playing at the weekend due to 'injury' and 'late registration'. Could the real reason be that the team coach has not yet been fitted with a wheelchair ramp?

And who's fault is it that we've not got the right balance? Who's fault is it that we were playing right footed central midfielders on the left hand side? The buck stops with the manager I'm afraid, especially when he made 12 signings before the season and none of them were left sided.

...because, of course, we should've signed anyone just as long as they had a left foot and could be described as a winger. :rolleyes:

Do you think that he may have been looking for one? Just possibly?

Bruce was bemoaning his inability to find a decent left-sided midfield play yesterday - this morning Jol was also stating how he would like to sign someone for that flank.

To my knowledge, when Leftwingers-R-Us shut down no replacement was instantly forthcoming. Two games in, one loss and one win, and people are carping about him. Pathetic.

...because, of course, we should've signed anyone just as long as they had a left foot and could be described as a winger. :rolleyes:

Bruce was bemoaning his inability to find a decent left-sided midfield play yesterday - this morning Jol was also stating how he would like to sign someone for that flank.

To my knowledge, when Leftwingers-R-Us shut down no replacement was instantly forthcoming. Two games in, one loss and one win, and people are carping about him. Pathetic.

There are left sided players out there - Julian Gray for one. :rolleyes:

Besides, I think that Steve Bruce and Martin Jol are looking for slightly better left-sided players than Leicester City - so there's no point in using their examples as proof that there are no left wingers around.

I'm not slating Allen for the sake of it. If he's going to come out to the press and say we've not got any left sided players then why didn't he do something about it before?

This is total bollox...all summer, 14 signings and still we are not right!..there has to something wrong surely? :dunno:

It just shows how bad things were beforehand, that's all. And all these signings are going to take time to bed in.

Man Utd spend £50m, Spurs spend £30m and both of them are yet to win after 2 games each but we sign 14 players, two who you have yet to see as they just arrived on loan and others like kaebi and Cort are not fit and all of a sudden the squad is not right? Judge this squad when you have seen him complete his signings and judge him when those signings have a string of games! Jeez! :frusty:

At last, a voice of reason amongst a throng of feckwits.

There are left sided players out there - Julian Gray for one. :rolleyes:

I'm not slating Allen for the sake of it. If he's going to come out to the press and say we've not got any left sided players then why didn't he do something about it before?

Julian Gray is not available.

Slating for the sake of it? It sounds like it. How do you know he hasn't been looking at other players? How do you know that we haven't been knocked back? How many players' agents have been spoken to over the last three months? You don't know. I don't know...so commenting on it is slightly fatuous.

I think martin allen reads this forum

I hope not! He would see how fickle and stupid a small section of our support is :rolleyes:

Well I hope he does because make no mistake he is under BIG BIG pressure, it will be classed as a p*ss poor start to the season if we lose against Watford !(Every possibility)

That'll mean 1 point from 9 and BOTH home league games LOST!!..and he will be in poll positsion to be the 1st for the chop ! ...so the pressures ON ! Apart from some funny 1st day one liners I think he has done jack sh*t, he will then get no more than another 6-8 games and if thing dont improve and he will be toast!!! :thumbdown::protest::yawn::nono:

Well I hope he does because make no mistake he is under BIG BIG pressure, it will be classed as a p*ss poor start to the season if we lose against Watford !(Every possibility)

That'll mean 1 point from 9 and BOTH home league games LOST!!..and he will be in poll positsion to be the 1st for the chop ! ...so the pressures ON ! Apart from some funny 1st day one liners I think he has done jack sh*t, he will then get no more than another 6-8 games and if thing dont improve and he will be toast!!! :thumbdown::protest::yawn::nono:

If Man U didn't win at all this season Fegie would also get the boot, but that is supposition just like everything you said above :rolleyes:

LETS LOOK AT IT THEN:

HELLINGS - Ajax, Anderlect, Dutch 1st division then amateur obscurity, suddenly good enough for us? No-one in their right mind would touch him with a barge pole! On his way down when we got him, not even Vauxhall Conference moving upwards like Keightley of Wolves.

NIELSON - Not good enough for Milwall by the way. From pre-season reports, any scouts can't have watched him much in 'real time'.

NGOTTY - Good signing as a very good solid centre half, so MA's now playing at right back, better options avaiable, even McCauley at a push re age and movement etc.

FRYATT - Played on left wing against Accrington, speaks for itself really. Other options i.e. Porter. If we want striker to score and gain confidence, where would you have played him. Play people in their correct positions ffs.

DELUMP - Despite preseason hype (all relative), has a long long history of being crap and will disappoint and fade away yet again leaving Fryatt, Cambell or whoever to try and gel several games in having wasted time and possible points.

NEWTON - One good game last year for us against Birmingham.

CLARKE - May well be a good signing, Mattock is a great prospect. But didn't we know that was a priority position for at least 2 seasons?

CORT - Will he ever play?

WESO - Right wing against Accrington?

I do like MA's approach and attitude, but he needs to wake up a bit before it's too late! He's had more backing than our last few poor performing managers and I don't think MM's renowned for his patience. For a team to gel, they need to be played in their correct positions together as regularly as possible.

Cheers.

Amazing! We mullered Blackpool but were unlucky not to win, never mind a draw. We now get a point at Palace but basically threw it away and deserved the win having limited the opposition on there own soil after there great 4-1 win last week and people like you are ready with the shovel to bury MA if we lose against Watford?! NEW MANAGER, UNKNOWN SURROUNDINGS, 14 NEW PLAYERS, GIVE HIM A CHANCE FFS!

Amazing! We mullered Blackpool but were unlucky not to win, never mind a draw. We now get a point at Palace but basically threw it away and deserved the win having limited the opposition on there own soil after there great 4-1 win last week and people like you are ready with the shovel to bury MA if we lose against Watford?! NEW MANAGER, UNKNOWN SURROUNDINGS, 14 NEW PLAYERS, GIVE HIM A CHANCE FFS!

You better hope Milan is seeing it like that....Defeat against Watford and he wont get more than 8 games to change it round :yesyes:

And who's fault is it that we've not got the right balance? Who's fault is it that we were playing right footed central midfielders on the left hand side? The buck stops with the manager I'm afraid, especially when he made 12 signings before the season and none of them were left sided.

I'm sorry but that's way too harsh. We have been in for left wingers and left sided players all pre season. The transfers haven't come off for one reason or another. On top of that Allen has had player names given to him by Milan and Don M. He trusted them to start with but I think it's pretty obvious with the signing of Fullop and the non signing of JFH he won't be doing that anymore.

he never intended stopping at 12 players. some players were maybe hard to get hold of... there is hardly an overflow of left footed players playing on the wing in england... which is why joe Cole had had to play there alot for england..

You better hope Milan is seeing it like that....Defeat against Watford and he wont get more than 8 games to change it round :yesyes:

Personally, I don't care who manages us as long as we are successful. However, MM may want the premiership now but he did originally say its a 3 year plan. I think MM realizes it wont be that easy to go up in the first season after so much rebuilding work and a lot of his media spouting is to keep us sweet so we all buy season tickets in the hope that we will be topping the table from the get-go. He`s backing MA with his transfer deals with the promise of more deals to come and only an idiot would allow his manager to turn bring in so many players only to sack the manager after 8 games and then have to start again with someone else. I dont think that MM is an idiot!

Archived