Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Geo V

Player Ratings

Indeed, neither is Clive Clarke if we want to have a decent attacking team. The blokes one of the most basic full backs going.

Still, better than Sheehan.

Basic yes, but I guess he gets the job done alright :dunno:

He'll be a steady player for us I think, nothing special, but decent enough.

Indeed, neither is Clive Clarke if we want to have a decent attacking team. The blokes one of the most basic full backs going.

Still, better than Sheehan.

To be honest it was nice not to look completely f**ked every time the opposition right winger got the ball. As long as he does the basics well then he'll be an improvement on virtually anyone else we've played there in the past few years.

which is alot better than sheehan

he is like those gypsies who do a piss poor effort of tarmacking your drive

We need a left back who can actually defend instead of swarming all over the opposition like a flying ant.

Nils could defend. But he couldn't help us score goals.

I think City have conceded 7 goals in the seven first team games Sheehan's played - and three when he's actually been on the field.

Of those we've won four, drawn two and lost one.

It's a myth that his defending is especially bad.

Nils could defend. But he couldn't help us score goals.

I think City have conceded 7 goals in the seven first team games Sheehan's played - and three when he's actually been on the field.

Of those we've won four, drawn two and lost one.

It's a myth that his defending is especially bad.

Sorry is this counting friendlies, your confusing me. Even then it's yet another nonsense statistic which doesn't actually mean anything. Just because we have a defensive liabilty at left back doesn't mean we'll conceed five goals a game it just means we'll conceed from crosses from that side every now and again.

why shouldnt we favour the new boy if he is better he should play simple as

surely this still remains to be proven, there is no where near enough evidence to suggest one is better than the other, if clarke plays the next game and is crap, they'll be plenty calling for him to be dropped, such is the nature of most fans on here...

Sorry is this counting friendlies, your confusing me. Even then it's yet another nonsense statistic which doesn't actually mean anything. Just because we have a defensive liabilty at left back doesn't mean we'll conceed five goals a game it just means we'll conceed from crosses from that side every now and again.

As we do anyway. But the reality is that only two goals have been conceded from the right when Sheehan's played - one from a flucky deflection that deflected a cross over the keeper's head.

Don't be worried though. It's not worth it.

which, according to many on here, if applied to Porter, is sufficiently bad enough to require immediately selling him to lower leagues.

funny how for porter such qualities are bad, yet for clark (in the fight to diminish sheehan) mediocrity is more than enough...

oh, foxes talk, i love thee!

which, according to many on here, if applied to Porter, is sufficiently bad enough to require immediately selling him to lower leagues.

funny how for porter such qualities are bad, yet for clark (in the fight to diminish sheehan) mediocrity is more than enough...

You're talking complete and utter horse sh ite.

But a leftback doesn't need to be particularly effective, they just need to be steady and do a job.

A winger on the other hand is expected to have something a bit about them, the ability to take players on and consistently put good crosses in. Don't get me wrong, I've backed Porter all the way when others have criticised and I think he's the best left winger we've got at the moment, but the two positions on the pitch have different expectations.

As we do anyway. But the reality is that only two goals have been conceded from the right when Sheehan's played - one from a flucky deflection that deflected a cross over the keeper's head.

Don't be worried though. It's not worth it.

As I said these 7 games how many were friendlies? I'm confused, as if he started agains Lincoln last year theres 3 on it's own.

Only two goals have been conceeded from the right wing when Sheehans played.

When you consider thats out of a total of three it's quite a shocking stat.

lol

Porter didnt get the job done for the last 1/3 of the season did he though? It was like playing with 9 men if Andy Johnson was on the pitch too.

Sheehan is quite frankly at this moment terrible, When ever put on the pitch for the first team in a league match he has looked erratic and out of his depth.

You're talking complete and utter horse sh ite.

christ, if you're going to indiscriminately rubbish all my comments from now on, at least make the effort to justify why you think i am horse shit.

lol

Porter didnt get the job done for the last 1/3 of the season did he though? It was like playing with 9 men if Andy Johnson was on the pitch too.

Sheehan is quite frankly at this moment terrible, When ever put on the pitch for the first team in a league match he has looked erratic and out of his depth.

In terms of player ratings Porter finished in the top half last season over 30 matches - more than enough for a novice in his first season.

As for Sheehan being "terrible" at this moment.

Even accepting he played badly when out of position at Palace, he played reasonably well at Accrington and heped make the only goal, was excellent against Cambridge, good against Hinckley and generally did okay pre-season.

Palace was his first "bad game" in a long time.

Who of our squad has not had a bad game? Some have hardly had a game at all!

In terms of player ratings Porter finished in the top half last season over 30 matches - more than enough for a novice in his first season.

Even accepting he played badly when out of position at Palace, he played reasonably well at Accrington and heped make the only goal, was excellent against Cambridge, good against Hinckley and generally did okay pre-season.

Cambridge to Crystal Palace is a gulf!!

Do you not see the difference between CP and the others teams you've mentioned :dunno:

Archived