Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Geo V

Player Ratings

Fulop 7- Solid, couldn't do anything about the goals

N'Gotty 6- Didn't really notice him so can't have been too bad.

Kisnorbo 7- Capped off a decent performance with a goal.

McAuley 5.5- Not one of his better days- gave away a couple of needless free kicks.

Newton 3- Don't get me started.

Weso 7- Solid as usual.

Clemence 7.5- MOM- Ran the midfield and showed a good display of passing ability.

Sheehan 3- Same as Newton. Very poor.

De Vries 5- I felt sorry for him. Had no good service, we just continued to lump long balls to him which he was expected to deal with under pressure from many Palace players.

Campbell 6.5- Worked hard and put up a decent enough showing.

Subs: Porter 7- Came on and made a difference. We looked a better side with him.

Hume 7- Same as Porter.

Fulop 7- Solid, couldn't do anything about the goals

N'Gotty 6- Didn't really notice him so can't have been too bad.

Kisnorbo 7- Capped off a decent performance with a goal.

McAuley 5.5- Not one of his better days- gave away a couple of needless free kicks.

Newton 3- Don't get me started.

Weso 7- Solid as usual.

Clemence 7.5- MOM- Ran the midfield and showed a good display of passing ability.

Sheehan 3- Same as Newton. Very poor.

De Vries 5- I felt sorry for him. Had no good service, we just continued to lump long balls to him which he was expected to deal with under pressure from many Palace players.

Campbell 6.5- Worked hard and put up a decent enough showing.

Subs: Porter 7- Came on and made a difference. We looked a better side with him.

Hume 7- Same as Porter.

You sir, are spot on.

Fullop - 6 Looks assertive. One dodgy kick and one dodgy flap but bar that looks a really good signing. I like his height and presence and he saved the match with a wonder stop when 1-0 down.

N'Gotty - 6 Wasnt impressed. Didnt do much wrong but would have thought he would be more confortable at centre back. Doesnt have the pace for full back and got beaten in the air a bit which surprised me. Good pro but on this evidence wasnt his best game

Clarke - 6 Thought he did well on debut. Strong in the tackle and out to prove a point. Will be signed permanently if he carries on like that. Picked up an injury at the end although minor yet battled to the end.

McAuley 6.5 Great in the air but gave away a handful of freekicks by leaning all over the strikers. Was also to keen to slide when he is best staying on his feet. Him and Kisnorbo bar that had Morrison and Scowy in their pocket and cant remember neither of them having a chance bar the last min equaliser.

Kisnorbo -8 Bar the foul (which i didnt think it was) which led to Palace opener it was great to see him back. Never say die attitue, Diving last ditch tackles and headers adn what looked like TWO decent goals. Loved his celebrations in front of us and the kissing into the crowd.

Newton 5- Poor is being kind. In his defence, everytime he had the ball at his feet he went forward unlike others and shown pace at time but never really had an end product. Will be disappointed.

Sheehan 4 - Disaster for me. Looked out of depth and uncomfortable. Nervous on the ball and without it.

Weso 7 - Looks up for it this season and thought he was influential in the 2nd half. Linked up with Clemence and never stopped battling. Can me pleased with performance.

Clemence 7.5 - First viewing of Clemence for me and looks all the player I had hoped we had signed. Led the team well especially 2nd half. Has passion but the know-how to carry it off. Was key in the second half for us dominating in periods. Loads of possesion and short passed. Linked well with rest of team and is the real engine. Delighted

Campbell 6.5 - Better 2nd half as first half struggled to link up with De Vries. Good pace and will scare defences. Looked better 2nd half when teamed with Hume. Claimed the 1st goal tapping home. Would like to see him start again and get more match time

De Vries 4 - All that hard work and sorting out your reputation sadly flew out of the window. Was terrible. Hold up play was poor and won little in the air. His touch and passing let him down too in what was a frustrating game. Rightly replaced at half time.

Subs:

Hume 6.5- Gave energy to the front line and gave Palace defence something to worry about.

Porter 7 - Although not always an end product. Kept the ball well on the left and gave their full back a horrid time. Looked sharp and made an impact.

Chambers 6 - Little impact in short time he was on

Fullop 6

N'Gotty 6

McAuley 7

Kisnorbo 7

Clark 6 - solid enough debut, very left footed though

Sheehan 5

Wesolowski 7

Clemence 8 motm - calming influence, winning 50/50 and sensible passes

Newton 5

DJ 7 - he and Hume looked very lively 2nd half

De Vries 5

Subs:

Hume 7 - should have started, livelyness changed the game

Chambers - 6

Levi 7 - Did well, had a lot of space out there and made much more of it than sheehan

One thing that did delight me was the 2 cm's, they actually won the loose balls and the 50/50's when there was a loose ball, bang a yellow shirt was there. Well done weso and Clemence both had good games and I think the cm was where we were very dominant today.

Very Good Round-Up.

I agree with it all ;)

Although I did think Newton was a 3, he had a poor game.

Fulop 6 - Flaps even more than Henderson, one good save in the first half. Not sure he's any better than PH.

N'Gotty 5 - Not a right back

McAuley 6 - Not as good as N'Gotty at CB but still very competent. Less random heading than vs Blackpool and more control.

Kisnorbo 8 - The guy is awesome in the air and composed on the ground. We missed him vs Blackpool. Such a threat off set pieces.

Clarke 6.5 - Solid enough debut.

Newton 5 - Can't work him out, one second he looks prem class, the next he looks like he should be playing in the conference.

Wesolowski 7 - Very busy, puts himself about. Solid link up play

Clemence 8 - Always wants to be involved, composed on the ball and a good motivator.

Sheehan 5.5 - There's a reason (and it's not just injury) that he's been out of the side for 2 years.

de Vries 5 - As bad yesterday as he was good against Blackpool.

Campbell 6 - Obviously he didn't set the fee, but £1.6m looks a bit steep. In fairness there wasn't much creativity until the subs came on

Hume 7 - Very lively as ever, but this time he was effective, launching several good counter attacks and a threat in and around the box

Porter 7 - Really lively, sometimes failed to get the ball over early enough, but he was at least direct unlike Sheehan and at least competent unlike Newton.

Chambers 6 - Did fine.

MA 6 - Fine, his subs did change the game, but the game only needed changing because he went into the match with one thought only - lte's lob it up to de Vries and hope he can hold it up. Why he's freezing Fryatt out is a mystery to me.

Good team effort yesterday, i think we should start next weeks game with basically the same team. But Hume in for De Vries and Porter in for Sheehan. Anyone agree?

Yes i agree. The Sheehan selection ahead of Porter was the most baffling, perhaps one of these days Allen will get the correct team from the start.

Good team effort yesterday, i think we should start next weeks game with basically the same team. But Hume in for De Vries and Porter in for Sheehan. Anyone agree?

Yeah I agree exactly. We'd have better width and a better winger then. Hopefully Allen will note Levi's performance yesterday and do the right thing and include him in the starting eleven Saturday.

I agree, Levi's performance was good yesterday. And I've not got anyhing against De Vries because he couldn't do much with the 'passes' to him, but Hume is so much better. :)

Fulop 7 - Very solid, delighted we've got him.

Clarke 6 - Solid.

N'Gotty 6

McAuley 6

Kisnorbo 7 - Glad we've got him back.

Sheehan 4 - Embarrassing performance.

Newton 5 - No end product, tried to do too much.

Clemence 7 - MOTM

Weslowski 7

De Vries 5 - Not good enough unfortunately.

Campbell 6 - Hussle and bussle, no end product yet to be seen though.

Porter 6

Hume 7 - How on earth he was dropped I don't know.

Chambers 5 - Not really on long enough to judge.

Oh yee of little faith. The Watford game is a home match. Instead of writing Sheehan off for one below average performance in an alien position we should start him in his proper role as an attacking full-back on Saturday - doing what he's good at in the pace he belongs.

Would Clarke have done any good on the left wing, or Stearman? Of course not and MA's admitted Clarke won't win any champagne, just do a solid job. Fine Nils did a solid job.

But we need more than that, in our home matches particularly. Lots of you were writing Porter of less than 36 hours ago.

Oh yee of little faith. The Watford game is a home match. Instead of writing Sheehan off for one below average performance in an alien position we should start him in his proper role as an attacking full-back on Saturday - doing what he's good at in the pace he belongs.

Would Clarke have done any good on the left wing, or Stearman? Of course not and MA's admitted Clarke won't win any champagne, just do a solid job. Fine Nils did a solid job.

But we need more than that, in our home matches particularly. Lots of you were writing Porter of less than 36 hours ago.

It wasn't a below average performance it was awful. I've always suspected that the quality of the guys left foot was totally over exaggerated but yesterday was just embarassing.

Clarke played very well and offered enough goign forward so long as there is a winger on the left, be it Porter or Hayes, thus should be picked again.

I'd pick Hume over De Vries any day of the week and I'd quite like to see Chambers at right back bombing forward so Newton isn't constantly trying and fialing to do 8 men to try and get a cross in.

Team V Watford

Fullop

Chambers

N Gotty

Kisnorbo

Clarke

Newton/Kaebie

Weso

Clemence

Porter/Hayes

DJ C

Hume

I'm not going to write Sheehan off, but I fail to see why a player who played perfectly well at left back, not only defensively, but also getting forward and being available to put in a good cross should be dropped to make way for Sheehan. Whose crossing and set pieces on Saturday, were frankly, awful.

Just drop it Thracian. By all accounts Sheehan was poor at the weekend, and frankly for an attacking left back to be poor on the wing is inexcusable. It's not like playing a centreback there. Fair enough he might be average there but his supposedly exceptional left foot was awful from what I'm told and he was otherwise uninspiring. Whereas Clarke (again, I'm only going on what I'm told admittedly) was solid and good going forward at the weekend. It's a no brainer and I'm sure somewhere deep down you know it.

I'm not going to write Sheehan off, but I fail to see why a player who played perfectly well at left back, not only defensively, but also getting forward and being available to put in a good cross should be dropped to make way for Sheehan. Whose crossing and set pieces on Saturday, were frankly, awful.

just because he had a bad game, out of position, doesn't mean we should forget that he had a pretty decent game before that at left back.

just because he had a bad game, out of position, doesn't mean we should forget that he had a pretty decent game before that at left back.

You pick your best team where possible though and Sheehan shouldn't make that XI. That's why he'll be back at League Two level (where he had his decent left back game) before the end of the year.

He's not progressed since he broke in to the team under Levein and he didn't excel at Mansfield last season either.

Just drop it Thracian. By all accounts Sheehan was poor at the weekend, and frankly for an attacking left back to be poor on the wing is inexcusable. It's not like playing a centreback there. Fair enough he might be average there but his supposedly exceptional left foot was awful from what I'm told and he was otherwise uninspiring. Whereas Clarke (again, I'm only going on what I'm told admittedly) was solid and good going forward at the weekend. It's a no brainer and I'm sure somewhere deep down you know it.

On Sheehan: Left wing is totally different from left back. Everyone has days when their crosses don't come off but don't imagine Clarke' s will be better or more regular cos they won't.

On Clarke: I didn't see him either. I accept he had a good game. But why that means he'll always have good game, or add the vital attacking dimension to our play is quite different. Others have clearly seen limitations in his ability or they wouldn't have consistently left him out of the team. So I'll wait and see, thanks.

Given his confidence returning I firmly Sheehan is our best attacking full-back. And whether you accept he has those qualities or not he's already made one goal in two games this season - he also made goals pre-season - and we desperately NEED people who make goals.

He has improved and used sensibly he'll improve some more. His heading and attitude to defensive responsibility seem to be much better.

Sheehan can play centre-back and he can play attacking left-back. He could also play as an old-style left-half. But a left winger he will never be and I don't believe it is ever easy for any player to tackle an unfamiliar position at first team level as have been demonstrated on lots of occasions at City these recent years.

Look how lost Kisnorbo was in midfield. Not once but week in, week out. Fans gave him ridiculous licence because he was a new player but even they eventually accepted he was an embarrassment. How different he was when he played centre-back.

Who else has played out of position: McAuley, Kenton, Hughes, Stearman, Wesolowski, Maybury and never once has it worked.

But Sheehan gets no slack whatsoever. He's hammered after just one game because, as usual, everyone favours the new boy. It's totally unfair and it won't help Leicester City. Playing any emerging novice out of position is folly.

On Sheehan: Left wing is totally different from left back. Everyone has days when their crosses don't come off but don't imagine Clarke' s will be better or more regular cos they won't.

On Clarke: I didn't see him either. I accept he had a good game. But why that means he'll always have good game, or add the vital attacking dimension to our play is quite different. Others have clearly seen limitations in his ability or they wouldn't have consistently left him out of the team. So I'll wait and see, thanks.

Given his confidence returning I firmly Sheehan is our best attacking full-back. And whether you accept he has those qualities or not he's already made one goal in two games this season - he also made goals pre-season - and we desperately NEED people who make goals.

He has improved and used sensibly he'll improve some more. His heading and attitude to defensive responsibility seem to be much better.

Sheehan can play centre-back and he can play attcking left-back. He could also play as an old-style left-half. But a left winger he will never be and I don't believe it is ever easy for any player to tckle an unfamiliar position at first team level as have been demonstrated on lots of occasions at City these recent years.

Look how lost Kisnorbo was in midfield. Not once but week in, week out. Fans gave him ridiculous licence because he was a new player but even they eventually accepted he was an embarrassment.

Who else has played out of position: McAuley, Kenton, Hughes, Stearman, Wesolowski, Maybury and never once has it worked.

But Sheehan gets no slack whatsoever. He's hammered after just one game because, as usual, everyone favours the new boy. It's totally unfair and it won't help Leicester City.

I love it.

Sheehan had a poor game. An attacking full-back who can't defend should be able to play on the wing. Factissimo.

Sheehan can play centre-back and he can play attcking left-back. He could also play as an old-style left-half. But a left winger he will never be and I don't believe it is ever easy for any player to tckle an unfamiliar position at first team level as have been demonstrated on lots of occasions at City these recent years.

Look how lost Kisnorbo was in midfield. Not once but week in, week out. Fans gave him ridiculous licence because he was a new player but even they eventually accepted he was an embarrassment.

But Sheehan gets no slack whatsoever. He's hammered after just one game because, as usual, everyone favours the new boy. It's totally unfair and it won't help Leicester City.

why shouldnt we favour the new boy if he is better he should play simple as

Alan Sheehan sold, thats what will help Leicester City.

Archived