Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Geo V

Player Ratings

Gutted.

Sat in the Palace end with my son (horrible not being with your own supporters), his mate and his dad for their first footballing experience of their lives (8yo`s lol). I expected loads more from Palace who were meant to be on a high after their 4-1 win but to be honest, whilst we weren't brilliant we still had more of the ball and more of the chances. I'm gutted to have lost two set piece goals and also gutting was them scoring deep into injury time. Anyway, its a step in the right direction but what seems to be quite clear is that we need Hume's creativity and maybe someone else to come in and help him from midfield and the two smaller men in DJ and Hume could work as a partnership in time as one drops off and the other makes runs. Whats imperative is that we would need better quality from the wings so this lad from Portugal who is set to join may help but I think that the team is starting to take shape and we are just one or two players away from getting into a possie to really make our mark. Lets also not forget that we have Kaebi and to a lesser extent Cort to feature. One worry is Matty Fryatt. I'm not sure if he is injured but it was strange to play LM in his first start and then be dropped from the 16. Dunno whats happening there!

Fulop 7, Made a couple of handy saves and his positioning was good. I felt more confident with him in goal than in previous times.

N'Gotty 6.5, Is slowly becoming our Cafu! Tries to bomb down the right despite his age but gets tired with 20 mins to go. Did OK

Kisnorbo 8, Glad to have him back. Dangerous from set pieces as his goal(s) prove but solid in defense. One lapse for free-kick conceded but his all round game was excellent.

McAuley 6.5, Solid and made some good blocks but at times was a tad clumsy giving away too many free-kicks.

Clarke 7, Impressive debut. Solid tackles, tried to get forward but looks knackered late on. Took a knock too but looks like a handy signing.

Newton 6, Nice touches but looks a bit clueless at times. He is one of those wingers who doesn't know what his role is. Should i cut in, go down the line or cross? Ends up doing neither some times.

Wesolowski 6.5, Looked good enough to keep Kish on the bench. Decent energy although not much in the final third.

Clemence 7.5, His best game for us so far. Battled and was good from set pieces. One or two right steaming challenges too lol

Sheehan 5.5, Nice touches at times but too many aimless passes

de Vries 5, He was starved of service but didn't try to create anything himself.

Campbell 6, Apparently scored the first but I thought is was Kissa. Movement in first half poor but upped game when Hume came on (or MA roasted him HT)

Subs: Chambers 6, Came on late and didn't have time to do much

Hume 7.5 Changed the game with Levi. Hassled there defence and moved about unlike MDV

Porter 7 Came on to good effect on the left although did have a few lapses of concentration. I put that down to age lol

I remember you saying your son is an Arsenal fan, did today's performance convert him?

We were in the fookin Palace end so he was cheering for them with his school mate lol. Still, Ive brought him with me to North London tonight so I`ll have some time to get Leicester City Football Club into his head. I have to take him to the Walkers soon but I`ll have to trick him into saying we are going to WWE or something as he has already declined a trip to Leicester the little sod lol

Fulop 7, Seemed better goalie than Hendo. Nowhere to be seen for Palace first goal...time will tell

N'Gotty 6 Experienced but not the greatest crosser of the ball

Kisnorbo 7.5 Great at set pieces

McAuley 6.5, Beat Scowcroft most of the time for headers but ref seemed to hate him & award free kicks

Clarke 6.5, OK

Newton 6, Disappointing. Got into some great positions & should have made more of them.

Wesolowski 7.5, Better than Kishichev

Clemence 8, Most of second half moves went through him. Fought well for the cause today.

De Vries 5.5, Worse than last week - can't see the pre-season improvement hype

Campbell 6.5, Getting better but sometimes seemed clueless when got the ball up front; lacked movement in the forward line in first half

Subs: Chambers 6,

Hume 7 Hungry as ever but seemed a fraction off the pace to me

Porter 7 Some good runs when he came on & always made himself available for Clemence to pass.

MA: 7 Not afraid to make the second half changes. Passionate on the touchline as always directing the players. Couldn't do much to keep out the Palace winner

Glad to see Porter came on

To be fair he did well. On or two times he lost control of the ball or didnt look up but he gave their RB more problems in 30 mins than Sheehan did in an hour. On this performance he deserves a starting place ahead of any of the others unless we buy someone else.

The disappointment was MDV though as I thought he was really up for it with the weight loss and improved form but today wasn't his best day. Lets hope he gets a rocket from MA and comes back better for it next week.

Fulop 7, Seemed better goalie than Hendo. Nowhere to be seen for Palace first goal...time will tell

N'Gotty 6 Experienced but not the greatest crosser of the ball

Kisnorbo 7.5 Great at set pieces

McAuley 6.5, Beat Scowcroft most of the time for headers but ref seemed to hate him & award free kicks

Clarke 6.5, OK

Newton 6, Disappointing. Got into some great positions & should have made more of them.

Wesolowski 7.5, Better than Kishichev

Clemence 8, Most of second half moves went through him. Fought well for the cause today.

De Vries 5.5, Worse than last week - can't see the pre-season improvement hype

Campbell 6.5, Getting better but sometimes seemed clueless when got the ball up front; lacked movement in the forward line in first half

Subs: Chambers 6,

Hume 7 Hungry as ever but seemed a fraction off the pace to me

Porter 7 Some good runs when he came on & always made himself available for Clemence to pass.

MA: 7 Not afraid to make the second half changes. Passionate on the touchline as always directing the players. Couldn't do much to keep out the Palace winner

I dont get all these people saying Kisnorbos great at set pieces, i take it you mean trying to score not defending them, because we've conceded from two of the ****ers today.

Gutted.

Sat in the Palace end with my son (horrible not being with your own supporters), his mate and his dad for their first footballing experience of their lives (8yo`s lol). I expected loads more from Palace who were meant to be on a high after their 4-1 win but to be honest, whilst we weren't brilliant we still had more of the ball and more of the chances. I'm gutted to have lost two set piece goals and also gutting was them scoring deep into injury time. Anyway, its a step in the right direction but what seems to be quite clear is that we need Hume's creativity and maybe someone else to come in and help him from midfield and the two smaller men in DJ and Hume could work as a partnership in time as one drops off and the other makes runs. Whats imperative is that we would need better quality from the wings so this lad from Portugal who is set to join may help but I think that the team is starting to take shape and we are just one or two players away from getting into a possie to really make our mark. Lets also not forget that we have Kaebi and to a lesser extent Cort to feature. One worry is Matty Fryatt. I'm not sure if he is injured but it was strange to play LM in his first start and then be dropped from the 16. Dunno whats happening there!

Fulop 7, Made a couple of handy saves and his positioning was good. I felt more confident with him in goal than in previous times.

N'Gotty 6.5, Is slowly becoming our Cafu! Tries to bomb down the right despite his age but gets tired with 20 mins to go. Did OK

Kisnorbo 8, Glad to have him back. Dangerous from set pieces as his goal(s) prove but solid in defense. One lapse for free-kick conceded but his all round game was excellent.

McAuley 6.5, Solid and made some good blocks but at times was a tad clumsy giving away too many free-kicks.

Clarke 7, Impressive debut. Solid tackles, tried to get forward but looks knackered late on. Took a knock too but looks like a handy signing.

Newton 6, Nice touches but looks a bit clueless at times. He is one of those wingers who doesn't know what his role is. Should i cut in, go down the line or cross? Ends up doing neither some times.

Wesolowski 6.5, Looked good enough to keep Kish on the bench. Decent energy although not much in the final third.

Clemence 7.5, His best game for us so far. Battled and was good from set pieces. One or two right steaming challenges too lol

de Vries 5, He was starved of service but didn't try to create anything himself.

Campbell 6, Apparently scored the first but I thought is was Kissa. Movement in first half poor but upped game when Hume came on (or MA roasted him HT)

Hume 7.5 Changed the game with Levi. Hassled there defence and moved about unlike MDV

Porter 7 Came on to good effect on the left although did have a few lapses of concentration. I put that down to age lol

I've just got back from the game too. Great away support today. The stewards didnt like us much!

I'd broadly agree with the above apart from de Vries (4) - just because of the comical mis kicks he did, and I'd give chambers a 7 as he did some nice little runs late on.

Fulop looks solid and confident. Was impressed

Should have won today, Palace were absolutely shocking and although we weren't much better, we looked the classier side, especially second half when Porter and Hume came on

Fulop 6.5 - Outstanding save first half to deny Morrison finishing an outstanding move. Flapped worryingly at a few crosses

N'Gotty 6 - Solid but distribution was brainless, especially first half

McAuley 6.5 - Honours even in his battle with Scowcroft. Failed to clear his lines on a few occasions but was OK

Kisnorbo 7.5 - Culpable in conceding the free kick for their opener, was otherwise solid and involved with the goals

Clarke 6.5 - Solid yet unspectacular

Newton 5.5 - So often gets the ball and runs up blind alleys. Kaebi needs to get fit

Clemence 8 - Assured performance, never wasted possession and was a vocal presence.

Wesolowski 7.5 - Quiet first half, ran the show in the 2nd period with driving runs, clever distribution and snapping tackles

Sheehan 5.5 - Out of position and it showed. Much vaunted left foot was clearly having an off day

DJ 6.5 - Worked hard and held the ball up well. Likes to drop deep and run at defenders. Overpriced but will be an asset

De Vries 5.5 - Tried hard but not his day. Service into his was poor as usual but he looked cumbersome

Porter 6.5 - His presence changed the game, if not his performance. We were crying out for a genuine winger and although he rarely beat his man, the performance improved when he entered

Hume 6 - Lively but sometimes attempted to difficult a pass in the final 3rd

An ok performance except for a dismal 15 minutes before half time.

I dont get all these people saying Kisnorbos great at set pieces, i take it you mean trying to score not defending them, because we've conceded from two of the ****ers today.

He cant do it all himself. We were defending too deep for set pieces at times but the first goal was a shot and not something he could have defended. One minor criticism from the lads was we looked like quite comfortable in injury time but when we went forward we were trying to score and not run into the corner flags. Levi had a shot when he didn't have to and gave possession away and Hume could have sent the ball wide once or twice. Again, this is MA`s team and the team as a unit are learning so hopefully they see out the game more professionally next time.

I thought it was an okish performance today. We started pretty well, then went a bit rubbish for most of the first half, but were generally better in the second. Dissapointing though the last minute equaliser was, I would have taken a draw before the game started.

Fulop - 7. Made an excellent save from Morrison in the first half, and generally looked quite composed. A couple of worrying flaps at a couple of crosses, but overall I thought he was pretty good. Don't think he had much of a chance with the goals. First one seem to take a deflection when watching the reply, dunno about the second though.

N'Gotty - 6. Decent performance at Right Back. Can't really say much else.

Kisnorbo - 8. Cracking work for both the goals, obviously. Made some good interceptions and clerances at the back, but perhaps could have done better with the ball that lead to the free kick for Palace's first goal.

McAuley - 6. Had some very harsh decisions given against him at times today, and otherwise looked fairly solid most of the time.

Clarke - 6.5. Thought it was a fairly promising start. Decent in defence and getting forward.

Newton - 5. Got himself into some great positions, and then did nothing. Was always trying to do that little too much, instead of looking for a final ball.

Wesolowski - 7. Very efficient in midfield. Chased down the ball a lot, used it well, and had a fairly good game.

Clemence - 7.5. I thought he was quiet in the first half, but involved a lot more in the second half. Two very good corners for the goals, seems to have learnt from last week about not hitting the first man.

Sheehan - 5. A fairly non descript performance. Put in some poor crosses, a couple of poor set pieces, and snatched at a good chance early in the second half. On the plus side, gave the side some balance, and was always an option going forward.

De Vries - 5.5. Did nothing particularly wrong. But then did nothing particulalrly right.

Campbell - 6. Did well to follow up the play and slide the ball in to make sure for the first goal, if they're giving it to him. Other than that, not a lot of end product really, despite some willing running. At times.

Subs:

Hume - 6.5. Lively and energetic as to be expected. Got into some good positions, but also wasted some good positions.

Porter - 7. Thought he did well when coming on, offered a good threat down the left at times, though perhaps more end product was needed.

Chambers - 6. Was only on for about 10 minutes, and did nothinng wrong.

Gutted.

What did you think of our away support? And be honest not just a biased opinion for city fans :thumbup:

Gutted.

only just got to find out the starting line up after watching ssn all afternoon to find out the donkey started instead of hume :S:blink::angry:

What did you think of our away support? And be honest not just a biased opinion for city fans :thumbup:

Honestly, I was proud of the lads. We didn't seemingly have as many as I thought we would bring but we must have had over 1000 fans there but regardless of the numbers, you lads were very good. I must be honest and say I spent too much time looking towards the fans and trying than looking on the pitch and missed a few things lol but despite it being weird sitting with the Palace lot, I did raise a smile or ten from the noise being created by our boys. :thumbup:

Honestly, I was proud of the lads. We didn't seemingly have as many as I thought we would bring but we must have had over 1000 fans there but regardless of the numbers, you lads were very good. I must be honest and say I spent too much time looking towards the fans and trying than looking on the pitch and missed a few things lol but despite it being weird sitting with the Palace lot, I did raise a smile or ten from the noise being created by our boys. :thumbup:

Oh well thats great to hear then! :thumbup: It was very loud at times, unless i go to forest away thats my last city game untill Charlton away (which is fair enough!!) but I was very pleased with the noise too! When we scored our second you didnt see a boy with brown hair swinging his scarf round did you? ;):whistle:

Fulop 6

N'Gotty 6

Kisnorbo 7

McAuley 5

Clarke 5

Newton 5

Weso 6

Clemence 5

Sheehan 4

Campbell 4

MDV 4

Subs: Hume 5, Chambers 5 and Porter 6

I thought Fulop had a decent game, not much to do but he can ditribute well. Worried me a bit with his flaps. But he seems confident and a decent young keeper.

Yeah agree. Also did anyone see when he threw it past the half way line!! That set up an attack if i remember correctly. Fantastic!

Yeah agree. Also did anyone see when he threw it past the half way line!! That set up an attack if i remember correctly. Fantastic!

Yeah, that actually looked more like a kick, glad he's replaced Hendo anyway, looks much more confident and actually makes me feel more confident.

Fulop 6 ( few good saves , 1 or 2 flaps , looks better than what we have )

ngotty 6 ( solid and uncomplicated )

kisnorbo 7 ( collosus in attack whilst fairly solid at the back )

mcauley 5 ( lost his battle with scowy hands down , at fault for foul for palace 1st by missing his header)

clarke 7 ( solid debut , good on the ball and strong in tackle , looks a leader )

newton 5 ( 1 or 2 decent crosses but hung on too the ball far too long )

weso 6 ( neat and tidy )

CLEMENCE 8 ( our mom , good on the ball and drove us forward . everything we created went through him )

sheehan 6 ( not as bad as being made out . out of position yet moved ball around well and got forward . final ball let him down )

de vries 5 ( no threat at all )

campbell 6 ( poor in the 1st half but far better in the 2nd , gave palace back 4 plenty to think about)

subs

hume 7 ( breath of fresh air when he came on )

porter 7 ( gave thier right back the run around , got good crosses in , changed the game in our favour )

chambers ( not enough time )

allen 8 ( his substitutions so nearly won the game for us)

fans 8 ( good turnout and good voice throughout)

i think we did enough to win the game today and its a shame we couldnt hang on but seen plenty today to belive we can have a good season .

city didnt get the 3 points but originalrobbofox got pulled over and done with a speeding ticket so we got 3 points !!!

Fulop - 7 - Made a great save at 1-0 which kept us in the game.

N Gotty - 6 - Couldn't do much going forward, defended well.

Kisnorbo - 7 - Defense looked a lot more steady with him at the back.

McAuley - 6 - Did ok.

Clarke - 6 - Got forward well.

Newton - 5 - No final ball, tried to beat man to many times.

Clemence - 7- Solid in the midfield. Him and Weso is a much better partnership.

Weso - 7 - As above

Sheehan - 5 - Fairly average

Campbell - 6.5 - Linked better with Hume

De Vries - 6 - Didn't do a lot, poor positioning

Subs

Hume - 7

Porter - 6.5

Chambers - 6.

I thought we were terrible in the first half but looked quite good in the second half when we actually tried to pass the ball. Clemence also moved into a holding player role and his passing allowed us to start so many attacks, our equivelent to a Michael Carrick sort of player.

Fulop 7 One brilliant save kept us in it. Has a real presence about him but may have been at fault for the first goal.

N Gotty 6 Assured and solid, but I would prefer him at centre back.

Kisnorbo 8 Won everything he had to in the air, absaloutely brilliant to see him back in the team.

McAuley 5 Scowcroft had the beating of him and he failed to mop up some basic stuff. I know he is well thought of but I think hes very average at this level, fouls far too much.

Clarke 6 Solid, nothing more and nothing less.

Newton 5 Had a bit of a 'mare, nothing was coming off for him at all but at least he tries to create things and hang on to the ball rather than lump it aimlessly to De Vries.

Wesolowski 6 Good energy but too many times scuffed good shooting opportunities. Think he balances well with Clemence.

Clemence 8 Ran the show from a deep position as I said earlier. Allows other people to get the ball in advanced areas and play.

Sheehan 4 Anyone that says he wasn't terrible is being blinkered. Can't cross or pass and is nowhere near mobile enough to be a winger.

DJ C 5 Looked so much better when partnering Hume than De Vries. Was offside a couple of times when he shouldn't have been. No help for the ref who ignored him being constantly fouled.

De Vries 5 One poor lay off aside he didn't do too much wrong, he is just totally ineffective when the ball is blasted half the length of the pitch in his general direction. His lack of gas also makes him a poor outlet away from home.

SUBS

Hume 7 He is our only forward player that makes intelligent runs and it allows the midfield player to make so many more passes. MA won't leave him out again for a while.

Porter 7 I'm not his greatest fan but I think he brought more shape to the side and he delivered some good quality.

Chambers 6 Not on for long but did alright

Fullop 6

N'Gotty 6

McAuley 7

Kisnorbo 7

Clark 6 - solid enough debut, very left footed though

Sheehan 5

Wesolowski 7

Clemence 8 motm - calming influence, winning 50/50 and sensible passes

Newton 5

DJ 7 - he and Hume looked very lively 2nd half

De Vries 5

Subs:

Hume 7 - should have started, livelyness changed the game

Chambers - 6

Levi 7 - Did well, had a lot of space out there and made much more of it than sheehan

One thing that did delight me was the 2 cm's, they actually won the loose balls and the 50/50's when there was a loose ball, bang a yellow shirt was there. Well done weso and Clemence both had good games and I think the cm was where we were very dominant today.

Archived