Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Reserves player ratings

Nielsen 3.0 (Two good saves, gave away two goals and almost another, looked sluggish, indecisive and his distribution was in keeping with recent City fashion...woeful. Did no-one actually watch the guy, manager, staff member, scout? If Leicester really want a scout they only have to ring...because on what I've seen so far I cannot imagine why anyone would have recommended this guy for Championship football. And I wasn't the only one. Perhaps City should recruit a team of scouts from the fans.)

Maybury 5 (He got 3.5 of those points for a well involved first half but he trailed off badly).

Stearman 5.75.(Good and bad which is the story of his season but lacked the consistency to inspire confidence)

Rowe-Turner 5.75 (Not a bad first outing. Seems to be making progress quite rapidly).

Mattock 6 (Made our goal with a positive dribble. Had one or two more good runs but still not at his best.)

Hellings 6.75 (Well involved for the first hour. Two good shots, hand in the goal and quite tidy all round)

King 8 (Back to his best. Three defensive blocks might all have saved goals but he was played too deep to be at his most dangerous. Notably simple. Anything more than two touches was a rarity. One of our few class players on the night.)

Odhiambo 6 (Lots of endeavour and good touches but wastd out wide)

Fryatt 5 (Forged a chance or two early on but wasted a sitter and always took too many touches in general play).

Sappleton 6 (And they say white men can't jump... If this fellow could leap he'd cause havoc but it's like he wears concrete boots. Fearsome shot for his goal though to earn an estra mark).

Porter 7.5 (With King the only City player to look like he belonged in better football. Always found time, invariably found a man and was always constructively involved. His precision corners were wasted because we simply didn't have the class ogf attacker to take advantage).

Subs:

Beswick 5.5 (Left the left-wing vacant too often and we had no "out" ball from midfield. But he and McKay carved Forest apart in one move but Odhiambo couldn't take advatnage)

McKay 5.75 (One blistering shot blocked. Worked the move with Beswick which should have been a goal but by the time he entered the fray the service wasn't there for him to feed on which was such a shame.

Magunda (not on long enough to make an impression).

PS: Nielsen mark reduced cos I forgot his scuffed kick-out for their first goal.

I'm glad to hear Hellings isn't totally awful and might be at least decent back up. And I wanna see this King for myself...

He did look back to his best but his great strength as a midfield player who breaks through into the penalty area was just not utilised. Including and ever since the Academy Play-off final he's virtually always been in a defensive midfield role. Perhaps there're considering him as an eventual successor to Kishishev - he reads the game well and his blocks were of the Kisnorbo type - but it's a big waste of his attacking ability.

Neilson 4

Maybury 6 1st half 2 for the 2nd

Stearmand 2 for the 1st 5 for the second

Rowe - Turner 5

Mattock 5

Odhiambo 6

Hellings 6

King 6

Porter6

Fryatt 4

Sappleton 5

Beswick 4

McKay 5

Nielsen 3.5 (Two good saves, gave away one goal and almost another, looked sluggish, indecisive and his distribution was in keeping with recent City fashion...woeful. Did no-one actually watch the guy, manager, staff member, scout? If Leicester really want a scout they only have to ring...because on what I've seen so far I cannot imagine why anyone would have recommended this guy for Championship football. And I wasn't the only one. Perhaps City should recruit a team of scouts from the fans.)

Maybury 5 (He got 3.5 of those points for a well involved first half but he trailed off badly).

Stearman 5.75.(Good and bad which is the story of his season but lacked the consistency to inspire confidence)

Rowe-Turner 5.75 (Not a bad first outing. Seems to be making progress quite rapidly).

Mattock 6 (Made our goal with a positive dribble. Had one or two more good runs but still not at his best.)

Hellings 6.75 (Well involved for the first hour. Two good shots, hand in the goal and quite tidy all round)

King 8 (Back to his best. Three defensive blocks might all have saved goals but he was played too deep to be at his most dangerous. Notably simple. Anything more than two touches was a rarity. One of our few class players on the night.)

Odhiambo 6 (Lots of endeavour and good touches but wastd out wide)

Fryatt 5 (Forged a chance or two early on but wasted a sitter and always took too many touches in general play).

Sappleton 6 (And they say white men can't jump... If this fellow could leap he'd cause havoc but it's like he wears concrete boots. Fearsome shot for his goal though to earn an estra mark).

Porter 7.5 (With King the only City player to look like he belonged in better football. Always found time, invariably found a man and was always constructively involved. His precision corners were wasted because we simply didn't have the class ogf attacker to take advantage).

Subs:

Beswick 5.5 (Left the left-wing vacant too often and we had no "out" ball from midfield. But he and McKay carved Forest apart in one move but Odhiambo couldn't take advatnage)

McKay 5.75 (One blistering shot blocked. Worked the move with Beswick which should have been a goal but by the time he entered the fray the service wasn't there for him to feed on which was such a shame.

Magunda (not on long enough to make an impression).

Great perefortmance from King - comfortably the best player on the park, and must be close to first team selection on that showing. Agree that he has attacking attributes that need to be utilised, but has a great all-round game.

Nielson 3.5 (O dear!!)

Maybury 4.0 (O dear!!)

Stearman 5.5 (Not enough to convince that he is worthy of a first team slot)

Rowe-Turner 5.5

Mattock 6 (Not back to the form he showed last season, but at 17 has plenty of time to go yet)

Hellings 4.0 (What did we sign him for when we had better coming through our Academy!!)

King 8.5 (Outstanding - see above)

Odiahambo 5.5 (Is better than his showing tonight)

Fryatt 4.5 (Disappointing)

Sappleton 5 (Only because he scored. Other than that woeful!!)

SUBS

Beswick 5.5

Mckay 7.0 (Gave plenty of energy and some lovely classy touches)

Magunda (Not on long enough)

Overall a very poor display against an inexperienced Florist side.

No points for Allen? :unsure:

The End of the World is Nigh.

I did wonder about Allen's role in all this. To my mind we need to develop a winning mentality in all our teams but overall we looked sliphod, disjointed and weak in too many areas.

For instance Gradel's absence is really telling. We have no natural right winger so striker Odhiambo has to be wasted out there to accommodate Fryatt and Sappleton (presumably because Odhiambo is more versatile).

Consequently we miss out on both Gradel's strengths and Odhimabo's leaving the team lacking the necessary balance and also lacking pace in the centre.

Great perefortmance from King - comfortably the best player on the park, and must be close to first team selection on that showing. Agree that he has attacking attributes that need to be utilised, but has a great all-round game.

Nielson 3.5 (O dear!!)

Maybury 4.0 (O dear!!)

Stearman 5.5 (Not enough to convince that he is worthy of a first team slot)

Rowe-Turner 5.5

Mattock 6 (Not back to the form he showed last season, but at 17 has plenty of time to go yet)

Hellings 4.0 (What did we sign him for when we had better coming through our Academy!!)

King 8.5 (Outstanding - see above)

Odiahambo 5.5 (Is better than his showing tonight)

Fryatt 4.5 (Disappointing)

Sappleton 5 (Only because he scored. Other than that woeful!!)

SUBS

Beswick 5.5

Mckay 7.0 (Gave plenty of energy and some lovely classy touches)

Magunda (Not on long enough)

Overall a very poor display against an inexperienced Florist side.

You forgot Porter.

I've tried biting my lip, but sorry, that is bullshit. Can't you just admit that Porter was just O.K.

oh dear it seems for the best that my lift flaked now losing to forest reserves :(

did i notice rightly that james perch was playing for there reserves does anyone know the story there i was hoping we would nab him in january he was looking a good young player :dunno:

I've tried biting my lip, but sorry, that is bullshit. Can't you just admit that Porter was just O.K.

If you think he was "just okay" I have no problem with that. Perhaps we look for totally different things. There were fans on here picking Nielsen in their preferred team a few weeks back and moaning at me for judging him too soon.

Opinions vary. I like players who have good close control, retain possession, find time on the ball, play lots of two-touch football, bring others into play.

Others on here would much prefer someone like Fryatt who goes his own way. It's just opinion.

i got to the game early and didnt have to pay due to there was no stewards at an open gate, we were 1st in the ground then after 10 minuite i spotted craig levein, i spoke to him and he was down looking for a striker, anyone else see him?

Archived