Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hackneyisblue

Jonathan Douglas

Why is he in the Ireland squad then?

If that's a genuine question, my answer is I have not got the foggiest, he's always been awful when I've seen him. Completely ineffective. The fact that Leeds have no squad at all and yet are letting him leave says something too.

If it's a linguistic way of saying you DO rate him, then fair enough - but why?

Doesn't sound too bad. And he had a bust up with Wise - hope he did some damage :-)

Anyone know if he's just central or can he play wide?

He's left footed i think :unsure: ...so perhaps he could play left wing, or maybe not, that could all be complete bull :)

If that's a genuine question, my answer is I have not got the foggiest, he's always been awful when I've seen him. Completely ineffective. The fact that Leeds have no squad at all and yet are letting him leave says something too.

If it's a linguistic way of saying you DO rate him, then fair enough - but why?

I know i've seen him play a few times, but in all honesty i can't remember how good he was. I just thought the fact he's in the squad would signify some quality.

Found this reaction on WACCOE;

Look,we are all use to this propoganda bullshit from Leeds now, he's going and i personally couldnt care less, he gives 100% the whole time for us and wears the shirt with pride, great qualities yes, but quality he aint. We have plenty of men who can do his job, it makes way for Prutton to go centre midfield which id rather have anyway and also gives us yet more money for players we should be getting rid of. Now alot of you might say im being harsh on Douglas and want him to stay and thats fine, if he does i wont object, however i feel if we command a fee of around 250-500k then surely we must take it. A player like Douglas is fine if you love grit, steel and determination but i want a player who possesses those three things along with an ability to pass the ball, good first touch, scoring ability and forgive me but i want a little bit of skill in his armoury too and im afraid Douglas doesnt have these attributes. Thanks Jonny but remember to close the door on your way out of Thorp Arch bud.

<quote>Look,we are all use to this propoganda bullshit from Leeds now, he's going and i personally couldnt care less, he gives 100% the whole time for us and wears the shirt with pride, great qualities yes, but quality he aint. We have plenty of men who can do his job, it makes way for Prutton to go centre midfield which id rather have anyway and also gives us yet more money for players we should be getting rid of. Now alot of you might say im being harsh on Douglas and want him to stay and thats fine, if he does i wont object, however i feel if we command a fee of around 250-500k then surely we must take it. A player like Douglas is fine if you love grit, steel and determination but i want a player who possesses those three things along with an ability to pass the ball, good first touch, scoring ability and forgive me but i want a little bit of skill in his armoury too and im afraid Douglas doesnt have these attributes. Thanks Jonny but remember to close the door on your way out of Thorp Arch bud.</quote>

Yes, Leeds will have lots of player slike that this season :laugh:

So you only want to sign player who have gained promotion to the premier in the last year or two? Good luck with that.

I have based my assessment on seeing him play in the past on a few occasions and being completely unimpressed with him.

If you rate him then that's fair enough - we have a difference of opinion.

I'm just concerned if this is the standard of player we're now satisfying ourselves with.

Babylon has now become the official worst judge of a player on FT

Righteo!!!!!!

Care to point out where exactly I have even mentioned what I thought of him? I believe if you read what I wrote I was questioning TPH on the fact he only seems satisfied with players who have gained promotion from this league.

I don't even know if I have seen the guy play or not, so i'm not going to pass any comment on his merits or lack of them.

Archived