Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
skegness fox

Darius Henderson

Watford have turned down a transfer request from Darius Henderson and rejected a £1.5m bid from Premiership side Fulham for the striker.

"If I were Darius I could understand the fact he would want to play in the Premiership," Hornets boss Aidy Boothroyd told the club website.

"The place for him to contribute and to do that is at Watford.

"I value the player, I value him as a person and he is staying.There is two years left to run on his contract."

He added: "He has been offered an improved deal with an extra year.

"We've made a good start and he's been important in that start and as far as I am concerned it's time to be professional and get on with it."

Last month, Henderson rejected an offer to move to Watford's championship rivals, Preston.

Linkage....http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ord/6961017.stm

i cant see milan splashing out any more of his cash this summer, maybe a few hundered thousand but not £2m, hes been quite generous in my opinion so far. hes spent more money than i thought he would

i agree, he will probably wait until january and see what position we are in before spending any more money above the million mark

i cant see milan splashing out any more of his cash this summer, maybe a few hundered thousand but not £2m, hes been quite generous in my opinion so far. hes spent more money than i thought he would

I'd agree, to be honest i thought we'd have only brought in 6 or 7 players at most over the summer... but i think we'll look to sort our "problem areas" through loans (the Benfica player rumor still strikes me as plausible for that reason).

Watford have turned down a transfer request from Darius Henderson and rejected a £1.5m bid from Premiership side Fulham for the striker.

"If I were Darius I could understand the fact he would want to play in the Premiership," Hornets boss Aidy Boothroyd told the club website.

"The place for him to contribute and to do that is at Watford.

"I value the player, I value him as a person and he is staying.There is two years left to run on his contract."

He added: "He has been offered an improved deal with an extra year.

"We've made a good start and he's been important in that start and as far as I am concerned it's time to be professional and get on with it."

Last month, Henderson rejected an offer to move to Watford's championship rivals, Preston.

Linkage....http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ord/6961017.stm

I'm just telling you what his dad has told me. If Milan offers the right money Watford will sell.Apparently he & MA go back a long way.

I'm just telling you what his dad has told me. If Milan offers the right money Watford will sell.Apparently he & MA go back a long way.

Watford clearly rate him - but would they want to sell him to a championship rival? If they were to let him go surely Fulham would be the better option for all parties (except us).

Don't think we need yet another striker but he is a useful goal scorer.

Leicester are starting to look like Warnock though - how many strikers are we collecting? Still, at least we could play the fabled 2-2-6 formation when we're chasing a game.

I am alone in thinking this player is just a bit on the sh1t side for that sort of money, I mean he was rubbish in the Premiership last year managed to score 3goals in 24 starts and 11 sub appearances and for a 26 year old striker he has only scored more than 10 goals in a season once!!

£1.6 million is so over the top it's untrue imo!!

I am alone in thinking this player is just a bit on the sh1t side for that sort of money, I mean he was rubbish in the Premiership last year managed to score 3goals in 24 starts and 11 sub appearances and for a 26 year old striker he has only scored more than 10 goals in a season once!!

£1.6 million is so over the top it's untrue imo!!

Not worth the money. If we need another striker then Riordan for £700,000 is much better business. Or Jason Euell on a free transfer.

I have never rated him he scored about 2 goals in the premiership and 1 of them was a penalty

I think that says alot and whats worse was that he actually had quite a few chances and missed some absolute sitters. I can see why Fulham want him as he is a big target man and their own version Brian McBride got injured recently but they have a certain style of football that they want to play and this type of player who is very one dimensional should be a no no for us. BTW, the fact they Watford turned down £1.5m for this donkey is strange as I personally think he issnt worth more than a McCarthy (slang for £650k)

Archived