Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Anish

Sam Allardyce

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I can't believe what a poor job he's doing at Newcastle. Half the season has now gone and they're no better than they were last year.

I really rated Allardyce at Bolton but I'm beginning to have my doubts as to how good he actually is. His formation and tactics are dull at the best of times, but this season results have been shocking too. He's also picked up an annoying habit of playing players out of position (Milner at left midfield, Martins at left/right midfield, Owen in the RW of the 3 man front line, Smith playing all over the shop, N'Zogbia at left back etc) and none of the 'star players' (Smith, Owen, Viduka, Martins, Geremi) are playing anywhere near their potential.

Lucky escape for England I think.

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I can't believe what a poor job he's doing at Newcastle. Half the season has now gone and they're no better than they were last year.

I really rated Allardyce at Bolton but I'm beginning to have my doubts as to how good he actually is. His formation and tactics are dull at the best of times, but this season results have been shocking too. He's also picked up an annoying habit of playing players out of position (Milner at left midfield, Martins at left/right midfield, Owen in the RW of the 3 man front line, Smith playing all over the shop, N'Zogbia at left back etc) and none of the 'star players' (Smith, Owen, Viduka, Martins, Geremi) are playing anywhere near their potential.

He couldnt have done anyworse than mclaren though.

I think your analysis is correct though in fairness to Allardyce Newcastle is rotten to the core. :whistle::thumbup:

We need experience for the england job and this is what we have found in Capello, although I just dislike Capello's attitude. Although, this is the only prize that he has failed to require as a manager, and he must be hungry for the World Cup. Allardyce would't have been a bad choice, but Newcastle seems like St.James' park was built on an indian burial ground

imo the Newcastle job is a poison challis they think they are actually bigger and more important than they actually are and demand a certain style of play, which isn't the style Allardyce plays.

on one hand Big Sam really hasn't helped the people of the north east like him he refuses to talk to the BBC which includes local media as well as national which will not go down well in the Newcastle they live and breath their club and want to know everything and anything on the other hand they are never happy

I fail too see why everyone is saying he has done so bad, they're just outside the top half, and have been in/out all season.

Looking at the squad, you can't expect much more IMO!

He has spent a lot of money though.

I think Allardyce could have been a lot wiser in the transfer window for his defence to say the least.

I have no doubts that with better defenders Newcastle can be a hell of a lot better. They've been like it for the past few seasons, managers just can't seem to sort that defence out. They managed to offload Boumsong and Bramble and they're not much better off.

I think Allardyce could have been a lot wiser in the transfer window for his defence to say the least.

I have no doubts that with better defenders Newcastle can be a hell of a lot better. They've been like it for the past few seasons, managers just can't seem to sort that defence out. They managed to offload Boumsong and Bramble and they're not much better off.

Beye - Taylor - Rozehnal - Enrique

Looks a decent defence on paper really. I think they've been unlucky with injuries aswell.

Possibly a creative midfielder to be signed in Jan?

I do think it's too early for his job to be under threat though.

The mistake Allardyce has made is trying to fit a team to a system, rather than make a system that fits his team. He's playing to Bolton's strengths, not Newcastle's. If he was a bit classier he'd have devised a new system that fit Newcastle's talents and bought some class players in to strengthen it, rather than trying to become Bolton Mk2.

Beye - Taylor - Rozehnal - Enrique

Looks a decent defence on paper really. I think they've been unlucky with injuries aswell.

Possibly a creative midfielder to be signed in Jan?

I do think it's too early for his job to be under threat though.

Yeah to be honest that defence should be able to cope really. And you're right, Newcastle have been plagued with injuries for the last few seasons.

They'd be crazy to sack him, it's not like he's even doing that bad.

I think they're in better shape now than last year. Definitely.

I think Sam can push them onwards and improve their standing over last year - for now, that's all they should realistically expect anyway.

I think they will finish somewhere between 8th and 11th... which is an improvement on last year, as I said.

Sam should be given time... Newcastle change their manager far too often and it's got them nowhere, it's like a comedy circus up there at times. :ermm:

I think they're in better shape now than last year. Definitely.

I think Sam can push them onwards and improve their standing over last year - for now, that's all they should realistically expect anyway.

I think they will finish somewhere between 8th and 11th... which is an improvement on last year, as I said.

Sam should be given time... Newcastle change their manager far too often and it's got them nowhere, it's like a comedy circus up there at times. :ermm:

To be fair, I rather think we're the shining example of how changing your manager on a regular basis gets you nowhere!

Big Sam will do a good job given time. I doubt he'd be given time but football clubs are making big mistakes in sacking managers so quickly. Chris Coleman and Martin Jol are two people that should not have been given the sack. Clubs need stability.

Big Sam will do a good job given time. I doubt he'd be given time but football clubs are making big mistakes in sacking managers so quickly. Chris Coleman and Martin Jol are two people that should not have been given the sack. Clubs need stability.

Chris Coleman had been there a while :unsure:

Or do you mean Sanchez?

He may have neeb there a while, but he done a good job... he didnt deserve the sack

Thats what I meant, they shouldn't have sacked him or Sanchez. But its Fullham so I don't care really!

Its like a Death club think there alot better than they actually are a little like Liverpool.

I think its the worst job to take ( toss up between that and us lol ).

Although i do think managers have made mistakes not just Big Sam because the chairmen always backs them with plenty of money but its then blown on players like Titus Bramble, Joey Jailbird Barton and legendary Albert Luque.

He has apparently made some massive changes at the club with regards to behind the scenes which by some accounts are quite visionary.

However, as Anish alludes to, the results and performances on the park are not up to expectations and are what he will be judged by.

Archived