Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SamL

Norwich Chit Chat Thread

Setting off at 10:30 tommorro, will take at least 3 hours. No Motorways either. :o

No, we can't cope with motorways here in East Anglia. Waaayyy too tricky! :laugh:

Right... some ideas re parking. The car park away fans tend to be signed to is at County Hall, just off Europa Way. It's easy to find, just take the A146 junction off the A47 Southern bypass and follow the signs. Multimap link. Can't remember how much it is, but I don't think it's too bad. Disadvantage is that it's the 'wrong' side of the ground for the best pubs etc but if you don't mind a bit of a walk past the ground to 'em you're fine or if you're literally just going for the game.

Most convenient place closest to the ground is the Riverside Multi-storey (coming in from the same direction as above, go past the ground on your right and it's on the left before you get to the station - entrance is just past Big W and Morrisons). It's pricier and could well fill up quickly though, but it's best location-wise. Last time I parked in there... and, if you're lucky enough to bag a space and will be there for less than 3 hours, parking is free if your ticket is validated by the UCI cinema next door (if anyone else local knows otherwise, please chip in). Now obviously, we're all honest folks on here but the few times I've been to Carrow Road and parked here I've later popped into the cinema and talked nicely to the staff, explaining how I "forgot to get my ticket stamped before I went into the 'film' - could they help me at all?" - they've been very compliant and validated my ticket without question! ;):P

There's very little street parking. If you want to try to find it head out of the city on the Yarmouth Road (A1242) and try some of the side streets - beware though, those nearer the ground/station are residents only. Some businesses behind the station (Thorpe Road -see multimap link above) open up, but it's luck of the draw really.

A word of warning - the car parks in front of Morrisons, Big W etc (almost opposite the ground) have a 2 hour 'free parking' limit. This is enforced with number plate recognition technology and is strict in the extreme. If you push your luck by staying any longer (and that includes the time you queue to get out of 'em) although you won't know about it at the time you can expect to receive a hefty charge in the post. Don't say you weren't warned!!!! Worth trying them tho if you're there early and just need to park up for a short while to collect tickets.

If anyone wants more info, let me know on here or PM me. Happy to help if I can.

only 100 tickets left!!!

And our trio dont own one, YET!

There available form 10am at carrow road, so may set off for 8am, hungover no doubt and break every speed limit in East Anglia, keen? Oh yes.

very ambitious was this, got in gone for gone half 3, up for half 7 then got to the end of my street half asleep got round my mates who was well and truely rat arsed and then thinking that I couldnt stay awake for a 10 minute drive to sileby what chance of a 3 hour one to Norwich?!

Last time i go out friday night with a game in the morning!

Archived