Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Football Manager Diary II

25th January 2005 - LDV Vans Trophy South Semi-Final

Luton Town 1-2 Colchester United

A disapointing performance and we pay the price by being knocked out. We looked very tired and lacklustre and the best side won in the end despite a late fight back from us with Garry Brady getting a goal.

26th January 2005 - Tommy Black turns down a chance to extend his loan deal by a further 3 months and he returns to Palace.

29th January 2005 - League One

Luton Town 2-0 Tranmere Rovers

A very smooth and effective performance from us and three very welcome points, it is going to be a battle to keep in the play off places from now till the end of the season. Steve Howard scored both of our goals to top off a superb performance.

31st Jsnuary 2005 - Anthony Ormerod signs from Whitby Town for £22k to replace Tommy Black

5th February 2005 - League One

Huddersfield Town 2-2 Luton Town

Gutted to have dropped two points in this game because we were by far the better side and lead 2-1 comfortably up until the 73rd minute when they equalized. Despite them going down to 10 men soon after we still couldn't get that equalizer. Rowan Vine and Marcus Gayle got our goals

12th February 2005 - League One

Luton Town 2-2 Hull City

We were lucky to get a point against Hull who really should of won the game. Hull went 2-0 up but a goal from Garry Brady and a stoppage time equalizer from Steve Howard gave us our second 2-2 draw in a row.

19th February 2005 - League One

Bradford City 1-1 Luton Town

A very even game that had a draw written all over it, Junior got our goal in what was a borefest really. We are 5th in the league table now

I dunno if I said it before, but try getting Leandre Griffit on loan from Southampton.

AM LRC, I got him on loan with Lincoln when I got them to League one, and bought him for Leicester in the Championship and he's done a sterling job both times.

22nd February 2005 - League One

Luton Town 3-0 Walsall

A good performance and it was a stroll without much effort. Rowan Vine, Robbie Foy and Garry Brady got our goals that moves us back up to 4th place. Ahmet Brkovic was inspirational in the middle.

26th February 2005 - League One

Port Vale 1-3 Luton Town

A Steve Howard brace and a powerful Junior header won us this game against relegation battlers Port Vale. This was definatley our best performance of the season, even though it was against a poor team we showed style and brilliance today with Junior, Robinson and Howard all looking class in particular.

5th March 2005 - League One

Luton Town 0-1 Bristol City

It was an even game really but Brian Tinnions 25th minute goal was enough to win it in the end. We offered little upfront, I may looked to bring in an attacking player before the transfer dealine.

12th March 2005 - League One

Luton Town 0-1 Swindon Town

Awful would be an understatement to describe our performance today, shocking. We only had 2 shots on goal all game which for the home side is a disgrace, things need to change.

17th March 2005 - Tommy Black joins us again an a loan deal til the end of the season, Black is back! :thumbup:

18th March 2005 - Lee Morris joins on loan for the rest of the season from Leicester, keep him fit and I think with his pace and dribbling he will do very well for us.

19th March 2005 - League One

Oldam Athletic 3-3 Luton Town

I changed formation to a 3-4-3 for this game with a Morris/Howard/Junior attack line. It looked to have paid off after 50 minutes after we were 2-1 up with goals from Gayle and Morris, Morris's goal was a superb dribble from his own half where he took on virtually the whole Oldham side! However two sloppy Oldham goals meant we went into stoppage time behind, until Steve Howard popped up to head us level.

Current League One Table

Sorry to interupt! BUT.... how do you add players to teams without having to pay a fee at the start of the season. IE Put Stephen Hughes in the Leicester team without actually having to but him. :S:D

94830[/snapback]

you will have to use the editor mate, in your fm folder, thats the only way, but if you are already in a game the changes wont take place until you start a new one.

Sorry to interupt! BUT.... how do you add players to teams without having to pay a fee at the start of the season. IE Put Stephen Hughes in the Leicester team without actually having to but him. :S:D

94830[/snapback]

you will have to use the editor mate, in your fm folder, thats the only way, but if you are already in a game the changes wont take place until you start a new one.

94871[/snapback]

...or download a data update :)

26th March 2005 - League One

Luton Town 0-2 Barnsley

We had Steve Robinson sent off but that only contributed to our downfall, we played awful yet again and deserved to lose. We are very inconsistent at the moment and we have to be careful or our play-off place will slip away.

28th March 2005 - League One

Torquay United 1-3 Luton Town

Wasn't the best of performances but we took maximum points and that is what matters. We went behind early on but a Junior equalizer made it level just before half time, but it took until the 83rd minute to take the lead through Garry Brady and Anthony Omerod finished it off in stoppage time.

2nd April 2005 - League One

Luton Town 1-0 Blackpool

Despite having Robbie Foy sent off in the first half we still went on to win the game with Lee Morris's strike proving the the only thing between the two sides. It was a close game but we battled harder and did well with 10 men.

9th April 2005 - League One

AFC Bournemouth 3-0 Luton Town

We didn't even have a single shot on goal all game, I don't care what level of football it is if you don't even have a shot on goal you have had a mare! We were nothing but dreadful and it should of been avout 6-0. Things need to improve with 4 games left.

16th April 2005 - League One

Luton Town 3-1 MK Dons

We did it the hard way but we still managed to beat MK Dons. At half time MK lead 1-0 despite being down to 10 men so I changed to a 3-4-3 in the second half and it did the trick. A Lee Morris brace and an own goal gave us 3 vital points. We are 4th with 3 games left and 5 points away from 7th but some teams just outside the play off zone have games in hand. We can't afford to slip up against Wrexham (24th) A, Brentford (11th) H and Doncaster (5th) A.

23rd April 2005 - League One

Wrexham 0-3 Luton Town

A very good win that all but secures our play off place. Junior, Lee Morris and Garry Brady got our goals it was a romp with ease really. We are 6 points clear of 7th with two games remaining.

30th April 2005 - League One

Luton Town 3-0 Brentford

We book our place in the League One playoffs in style, another 3-0 victory and another great performance. Steve Robinson, Robbie Foy who was fantastic) and Garry Brady got our goals, I shall play a weakened team against Doncaster to rest some key players in time for the playoff semis

7th May 2005 - League One

Doncaster Rovers 1-1 Luton Town

We both had a man sent off and the shared points was deserved, I fielded a very weakened side. We finish 4th and will play Tranmere in the semi-finals of the playoffs.

14th May 2005 - League One

Luton Town 1-2 Tranmere Rovers

Disappointed to have lost what is a massive game however there is still hope. We just were about the better side however Tranmere scored to of the best goals I have ever seen. Chris Dagnell struck a thunderbolt from 35 yards after 7 min to send Kenilworth Road into silence, then in 78th minute Alan Navarro hit a powerful 25 yard effort that curved and crashed into the center of the net. We were shell shocked from those goals but Junior managed to scramble in a vital late goal that gave us hope in the second half. We didn't play very well and we need to improve for the second leg, we have it all to do.

18th May 2005 - League One

Tranmere Rovers vs Luton Town

5 mins - Tranmere hit the bar after a goalmouth scramble

12 mins - Paul Linwood brings down Lee Morris in the area and concedes a penalty, he then gets his marching orders! Junior steps up........and scores!! 1-0 to Luton

16 mins - Lee Morris breaks into the area, he powers a effort at goal......and he scores! 2-0 to Luton, Cardiff beckons!

HALF TIME

89 mins - After a few minor chances in the second half Tranmere pump the ball upfield to Haworth, he has acres of room...he turns....and slots it home!! Every Tranmere player runs off to celebrate....but the linesman has his flag up, it was offside! Phew.

FULL TIME

YES! :D We may of got lucking the penalty, the sending off then the disallowed but we still played very well and showed a lot of guts to win the game and send us through to Cardiff. Keep your fingers crossed for me

27th May 2005 - Play-off Final

Hull City vs Luton Town

The Millennium Stadium is awashed with colour on a scorching hot day in Cardiff. The two sets of fans have come out in force for the game that will decide who will be playing in the Championship next season. The teams are as follows:

Hull (3-4-3): Myhill, Hinds, Cort, Byron, Barmby, Elliott, Lewis, Delaney, Walters, Facey, Burgess

Luton (4-4-2): Beresford, Foley, Williams, Hill, Davis, Black, Brkovic, Robinson, Ormerod, Junior, Morris

N'Zogbia and Foy were both on international duty so I've had to play Ormerod a right winger on the left wing, I also need to expose Hull having no full backs by getting the wide men forward.

The two teams come out to a wall of noise in this magnificent arena, let the fun begin...

3 mins - Steve Robinson booked

4 mins - Lee Morris breaks free on goal but Hinds makes a last ditch tackle

8 mins - Morris breaks again and crosses to Junior in aces of space.....but the keeper makes a good save!

Archived