Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Football Manager Diary II

Cheers for the advice TrickyTrev, I'll bear all that in mind and have a look at those players :)

There may be a little update later on but after that I won't be updating for a week as I'm with my girlfriend.

84969[/snapback]

Choosing your g/f over FOOTBALL MANAGER Ricey. Thats a first :o;)

84982[/snapback]

That's how much I love her! :D

84986[/snapback]

If it means getting your end away to night then fair play :wave::D :thumbsup:

25th August 2005 - Carling Cup 1st Round

Burnley 1-3 Luton Town

An absolutley superb performance and it had to be to knock out a decent Championship side, we were by far the better team throughout. Rowan Vine scored a brace and Steve Howard got the other. We play Coventry away in the next round.

28th August 2005 - League One

Blackpool 2-1 Luton Town

Back to the league and back to the same old story, played well but didn't do enough. Blackpool lead most of the game despite being a man down after Parker was sent off until Steve Robinson fired in a equalizer with 3 minutes remaining. However a last minute Garry Brady own goal meant we went home with nothing.

30th August 2005 - League One

Luton Town 3-1 AFC Bournemouth

At last our first league win! We deserved it too after playing very well. Steve Howard had a stormer scoring a hat trick and winning us the game. Hopefully we can build on this victory and progress, we are 20th after 6 games.

Cheers for the advice TrickyTrev, I'll bear all that in mind and have a look at those players :)

There may be a little update later on but after that I won't be updating for a week as I'm with my girlfriend.

84969[/snapback]

Choosing your g/f over FOOTBALL MANAGER Ricey. Thats a first :o;)

84982[/snapback]

That's how much I love her! :D

84986[/snapback]

If it means getting your end away to night then fair play :wave::D :thumbsup:

84991[/snapback]

lol

Some people who did good for me in League Two with Lincoln and seemed to have handled the step-up to League One pretty well:

Adam Parker: Got him on a free from St Albans (I think), and he's only on £85 a week!! A central AM/F about 24 (I think), he got me 14 goals last season (second only behind Mads Timm), and was top assister with 14, and got the Player of the Season award.

Gary McCutcheon: He has 20 in Finishing, so when he gets in positions he scores, and only cost £1,000. Also currently my top scorer in League One with 8 goals after about 15 games.

Some I've got this season (in League One), which are doing well:

Leandre Griffit: On loan from Southampton, he's brilliant.

Louis Dodds: Our very own, got him on a free and he's got bags of potential, and got a few goals

Dave Jones: On loan from Man Utd, not a bad central midfielder at all.

Hope that might help a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

31st August 2004 - Signed Stoke central defender Clint Hill for £30k. Very pleased with this signing as he will be a great replacement for Chris Coyne. I'm still searching for a new striker but to no luck, I'm finding it very hard to find suitable forwards.

4th September 2004 - League One

Sheffield Wednesday 3-0 Luton Town

An awful performance and Sheff Wed walked all over us. Things really need to change because we are playing like a team that belongs in League Two

11th September 2004 - League One

Luton Town 2-2 Chesterfield

A better performance but we were so unlucky not to win the game. Rowan Vine scored the opener in the 8th minute but a Shaun Goater goal just before time levelled things up. A 66th minute Vine goal then made it 2-1 which was the way it looked it would finish after Chesterfield had two players sent off but a stoppage time free-kick meant it would be a one point instead of three.

18th September 2004 - League One

Stockport County 0-1 Luton Town

A Rowan Vine strike just before half time gave us a much needed 3 points. The performances itself was superb with Steve Robinson and Marlon Beresford playing partically well. This is more what expect to see from us, it will give us confidence going into the Carling Cup 2nd round game against Coventry.

Current League Table

31st August 2004 - Signed Stoke central defender Clint Hill for £30k. Very pleased with this signing as he will be a great replacement for Chris Coyne. I'm still searching for a new striker but to no luck, I'm finding it very hard to find suitable forwards.

An awful performance and Sheff Wed walked all over us. Things really need to change because we are playing like a team that belongs in League Two

A better performance but we were so unlucky not to win the game. Rowan Vine scored the opener in the 8th minute but a Shaun Goater goal just before time levelled things up. A 66th minute Vine goal then made it 2-1 which was the way it looked it would finish after Chesterfield had two players sent off but a stoppage time free-kick meant it would be a one point instead of three.

A Rowan Vine strike just before half time gave us a much needed 3 points. The performances itself was superb with Steve Robinson and Marlon Beresford playing partically well. This is more what expect to see from us, it will give us confidence going into the Carling Cup 2nd round game against Coventry.

Current League Table

89659[/snapback]

Seems you've got a tough start Ricey, although looking at the League Table, you're not in trouble yet. Clint Hill looks decent for your level, and should be a decent leader on the pitch. Hopefully you'll sort out the attacking problems soon enough as well as minimize the amount of silly goals you concede (a la Chesterfield :rolleyes:). Good luck with the Carling Cup tie :thumbup:

Current League Table

89659[/snapback]

Remember when Tranmere were playing Sunderland in the F.A. Cup in the season we beat them in the Worthington Cup final?

When Tranmere had Clint Hill sent off in injury time, but they bought another player on as the substitute and he headed away Sunderland's free kick, and it was only after that they realised there were still 11 players on the pitch and bought Andy Parkinson off?

Mr Haines would not shut up about that one.

Dickhead.

Remember when Tranmere were playing Sunderland in the F.A. Cup in the season we beat them in the Worthington Cup final?

When Tranmere had Clint Hill sent off in injury time, but they bought another player on as the substitute and he headed away Sunderland's free kick, and it was only after that they realised there were still 11 players on the pitch and bought Andy Parkinson off?

Mr Haines would not shut up about that one.

Dickhead.

89676[/snapback]

I remember Mr Haines yacking on about it for ages, what a complete idiot he was.

21st September 2004 - Carling Cup 2nd Round

Coventry City 6-1 Luton Town

Oh dear :( We took the lead with less than a minute gone and I honestly thought another shock was on the cards but I didn't expect us to collaspe the way we did. This will severly dent the players confidence.

25th September 2004 - League One

Luton Town 1-0 Peterborough United

We showed great bouncebackability and sneaked another three points. It was a decent performance from us and Rowan Vines 6th minute goal was enough to win the game and move us clear of the relegation zone.

28th September 2004 - LDV Vans Trophy South 1st round

Luton Town 4-2 Cambridge United

We knocked out League Two Cambridge and at the same time proved we can score goals. Tommy Black, Sol Davis and a Steve Howard brace made sure we would be in the draw for the 2nd round where we will face Torquay.

2nd October 2004 - League One

Tranmere Rovers 0-1 Luton Town

We are fastly becoming the 1-0 kings :D Yet again one goal was good enough to beat ten man Tranmere, Clint Hill the scorer after powering in a header from a corner. This is a great win for us and is our third win in a row and moves us up to 15th place

Unfortunatley I have had a bug in my Diary game :(

Luckily though I kept a backup but this back up is 6 games old (just after the Tranmere game). I will carry on this save game and delete previous Diary entries that are now void once I update again.

I just ran a test and this bug didn't occur again but lets just hope when I start playing properly it won't appear either.

8th October 2004 - League One

Luton Town 2-0 Hartlepool

Our fouth league win a row and it was a comfortable one in the end. Charles N'Zogia and Rowan Vine scored the goals to see off 10 man Hartlepool.

12th October 2004 - Junior signs from Derby for £50k with Paul Underwood going to Derby and on the same day Marcus Gayle signs from Watford for £2K.

13th October 2004 - Paul Hughes signs for Mansfield for £16k.

16th October 2004 - League One

Luton Town 2-1 Huddersfield

Not the best of performances but we got the win to stretch our winning streak further. Junior scored on his debut with a superb header and a neat finish by N'Zogbia put the game out of Huddersfields reach.

19th October 2004 - League One

Wallsall 1-2 Luton Town

A good battling away performance that makes it 6 wins a row now, we really have turned the corner after a poor start to the season and we are now looking very dangerous upfront. Junior scored once more against his former club and Rowan Vine got the other. We now lie 7th in the table.

23rd October 2004 - League One

Hull City 0-3 Luton Town

Peter Taylor didn't know what hit him after we shocked table toppers Hull and it 7 wins on the trot! Nick Barmy was sent off for the Tigers early on and it was easy from there for us. Junior, Steve Howard and Steve Robinson got the goals in what was an outstanding performance by us.

30th October 2004 - League One

Luton Town 4-1 Bradford City

We are just unstoppable at the moment! It is now 8 wins in a row and this result moves us up to 4th place. Junior got two goals and he is proving to be a brilliant signing, he looks a class above the rest in this division. Rowan Vine and Ahmet Brkovic got our other goals.

1st November 2004 - I win the manager of the month award for October.

2nd November 2004 - LDV Vans Trophy South 2nd Round

Luton Town 3-1 Torquay United

A comfortable victory that puts us through to the quarter finals of the southern section where we will face Oxford. Junior, Steve Howard and Rowan Vine got our goals.

6th November 2004 - League One

Wrexham 0-0 Luton Town

Our winning streak comes to an end with a dissapointing goalless draw at Wrexham. We had 18 shots on goal while Wrexham only had 2, god knows how we didn't manager to score.

13th November 2004 - FA Cup 1st Round

Sutton Coldfield 0-3 Luton Town

We avoided a slip up against the minows and crusied to victory with Steve Howard scoring a fine hat trick to send us through to the second round

10th November 2004 - Peter Holmes signs for Chelmsford for £10k.

Current League One Table

Current Player Stats and Ratings

14th November 2004 - Robbie Foy joins on loan for the season from Liverpool. He can play left wing or right wing and provides much needed backup.

20th November 2004 - League One

MK Dons 1-1 Luton Town

A Junior penalty just before half time wasn't good enough to win due to us falling asleep in the second half and letting MK Dons back into the game. It was a decent performances from us but away from home we can't afford to lose concentration like we did.

27th November 2004 - League One

Luton Town 3-0 Doncaster Rovers

Back to winning ways and in stlye. We dominated the game and there was never any doubt who would get the three points. Ahmet Brkovic, Rowan Vine and Tommy Black scored three good goals that moves us back into 4th place.

30th November 2004 - LDV Vans Trophy South Quarter Final

Luton Town 3-0 Oxford United

A nice and comfortable victory to move us into the southern section semi-finals. Ahmet Brkovic, Rowan Vine and Steve Howard got our goals in what was a fine performance from us.

4th December 2004 - FA Cup 2nd Round

Leyton Orient 1-0 Luton Town

I really don't know how we didn't managed to score in this game :huh: We had so many great chances to the combination of bad luck and a good display by Orient keeper Morris meant we didn't get on the score sheet and subsquently get knocked out of the FA Cup. It wasn't our best performance infront of the national TV cameras and I'm very disapointed to go out. At least we still have the LDV Vans Trophy to feed our cup run appetite.

7th December 2004 - League One

Brentford 0-2 Luton Town

We dominated this game from start to finish and with 5 minutes reamaining it looked as if yet another 0-0 draw when we should of won was on the cards until Tommy Black struck a sweet strike into the back of the net. Junior then rounded it off with a good header.

11th December 2004 - League One

Luton Town 0-0 Port Vale

Suprise suprise another 0-0 draw where we really should of scored and won the game. We had 14 shots on goal they only had 2, we know we can score goals it's just getting the first goal in a game that is causing us problems.

18th December 2004 - League One

Bristol City 1-1 Luton Town

A Steve Howard penalty wasn't enough to win this one as Bristol City equalized in the 75th minute with a stunning strike by Tony Dinning. It was a very good performance from us and we were very unlucky not to get all three points.

26th December 2004 - League One

Chesterfield 1-3 Luton Town

A superb performance and a equally superb result. We were fantastic today and not only did we create many chances, we took them aswell. Man of the match Junior scored a fine brace and Charles N'Zogbia got the other.

28th December 2004 - League One

Luton Town 0-1 Colchester United

Wasn't the best of performances from us and we suffered for that. Colchester had fewer chances but played far better and in the end they deserved to win the game. We are starting to look very tired after a very busy recent schedule. We are 5th in the league, 6 points off the automatic places

1st January 2005 - League One

Luton Town 0-0 Sheffield Wednesday

An even game with few chances but in the end I'm pleased with the point with Sheff Wed being top of the league.

3rd January 2005 - League One

Peterborough United 1-3 Luton Town

Probably the best performance of the season, quality stuff. Peterborough had 22 shots on goal but some how we still managed to control the game and look sublime while doing it. Junior got two of our goals while Rowan Vine got the other. Marlon Beresford, Robbie Foy, Steve Robinson and Mark Williams were nothing short of maginificent for us.

8th January 2005 - League One

Hartlepool United 2-0 Luton Town

Not a good showing from us and the best team won, can't believe we were the same side from 5 days a go against Peterborough. We are suffering badly from tiredness and I may have to rest some key players fairly soon.

14th January 2005 - Curtis Davies signs for Barnet for £30k.

15th January 2005 - League One

Luton Town 0-1 Stockport County

We had 18 shots on goal, Stockport has 2......yet we still lose! I really don't know how we manage to do it. We should of won and that is a vital three points dropped and we also now move outside the play off places.

22nd January 2005 - League One

Colchester United 1-2 Luton Town

We won comfortably in a dress rehearsal for the LDV Vans South semi-final in midweek. Junior got both of our goals, that is 14 goals in 20 games since joining us now for him. It was a superb overall performance from us but lets hope we have burnt ourselves out for the cup game.

Current League One Table

seems your home form is shocking at present, i'd become more attacking at home and try and punish teams.

4-4-2 with the wingers pushing forward. short passing, attacking play, tackling hard and when you've not got the ball press hard and close down. Trust me.

seems your home form is shocking at present, i'd become more attacking at home and try and punish teams.

4-4-2 with the wingers pushing forward. short passing, attacking play, tackling hard and when you've not got the ball press hard and close down. Trust me.

93194[/snapback]

That is something I have been thinking of doing, I've been getting more attacking as the season has progressed.

4-1-3-2 works wonders for me, 3 successive promotions with Redbridge, of course you'll have to lose the natural wingers, but it's worth a go if you haven't tried it yet.

93303[/snapback]

I would certainly try that but Charles N'Zogia is such a good left winger it would be a shame to not make the most of him.

I may use no wingers next season though.

Archived