Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Football Manager Diary II

48 mins - Steve Robinsons shot goes miles wide

69 mins - Rowan Vine replaces Robinson and we change to a 4-3-3

75 mins - Juniors cross nearly goes in but Myhill tips it over

78 mins - Howard replaces Davis and we change to a 3-3-4

82 mins - Walters nearly makes it 3-0 but Bersford saves

FULL TIME

I'm very very very disappointed :( We were dreadful, we created very little, we fell to pieces after their first goal and we fail to win promotion because of a bad day at the office. I knew we had the potential to beat Hull but once again we fail to perform in a big game, Hull deserve to be in the Championship...we don't. Not quite sure were we from here, all that hard work for nothing.

2004/05 End of the Season Review

Final League One Table

Season Player Stats

Premier League

Champions - Arsenal

Relegated - Palace, Bolton, Norwich

Championship

Champions - Leicester :D

Also promoted - West Ham, Leeds

Relegated - Millwall, Crewe, Brighton

FA Cup

Winners - Newcastle

Runners up - Middlesborough

Carling Cup

Winners - Arsenal

Runners up - Liverpool

Champions League

Winners - Bayern Munich

Runners up - Barcelona

Summary

Very disappointed not to get promotion after working so hard all season, losing the playoffs is so hard to take. However we were predicted to finish in the bottom half of the table and after the first 10 games of the season it looked like we would be fighting against relegation so to finish 4th was an achievement. We had some excellent players this season with Beresford, Brkovic, Junior, N'Zogbia and Black in particular doing very well. We have a little bit of money in the bank for transfers in the summer and hopefully that should increase even more. Overall an overachievement but can't help feel gutted.

SEASON 2005/2006 PREVIEW

Expectations:

Board - Respectable league position

Fans - Respectable league position

Bookies - We are joint favourites to win the league with Millwall and Tranmere

Me - I think we have the squad capable of reaching the top 6 again, I will be dispointed if that is not achieved.

Finances:

Transfer budget - £400,000

Wage budget - £32,000

Players In:

Ben Futcher - Lincoln - £60 - A very good defender who performed well last season for Lincoln.

Julian Bennet - Free A 17 year old attacking midfielder with some great attributes.

Pontus Kamark - Garda - £0 - Wahey! :D He may be 36 but he still has some good stats and will be a good back up.

Jan Kjell Larsen - Haugesund - £90k - A promising young keeper with some great stats for this level.

David Bellion - Man Utd - Season loan - Bit of a coup really, should do very well at this level.

Players Out:

Steve Howard - Millwall - £220k - He did well for us last sesaon but for that money it was hard to refuse.

Alan Neilson - Released

Steve Claridge - Released

Tommy Black, Charles N'Zogbia, Robbie Foy, Lee Morris - Loans ended and haven't come back for various reasons

Pre-season Friendlies:

Luton Town 2-0 Rotherham

Hartley Wintney 1-3 Luton Town

Leicester City 3-1 Luton Town

Luton Town 3-1 Charlton Athletic

Opening Day Team Line Up and Formation

Ricey, I promise you Keith Keane is a lot better than Foley or Brkovic. He always ends up signing for one of the big clubs in Europe and playing reguarly for Ireland if you play him reguarly.

99645[/snapback]

I'm playing Keane more this season and giving him a chance.

6th August 2005 - League One

Brentford 2-0 Luton Town

We were unlucky to suffer a opening day defeat because we matched Brentford until they opened the scoring with a hour gone, we then pushed forward but Brentford caught us out and scored again in stoppage time on the break. Disapointed to lose but there are positives.

10th August 2005 - Kenny Deuchar signs from Raith Rovers for £60k, he has the ability to score goals in this division if he can settle.

10th August 2005 - League One

Tranmere Rovers 3-0 Luton Town

An appauling performance and we fully deserved to lose heavily. We only had three shots on goal all game and played extremely poorly, we must improve to avpid another very bad start to the season.

12th August 2005 - Leandre Griffit signs on a season long loan from Southampton, he will play just between attack and midfield and should do superbly in this division.

13th August 2005 - League One

Luton Town 1-1 Chesterfield

A average enough performance but I think we should of won after having more chances and possesion. We don't seem to be clicking at all, David Bellion scored our goal.

Leandre Griffit is the shit.

I had him on laon for Lincoln, and he terrorised the defences, and got at least an 8 in all his matches, often 9 or 10.

I bought him for my Leicester team too, and he did the business in the Championship, and ain't doing to badly in the Premiership either.

How come you've got a picture of him on yours?

I ain't got one :(

,Apr 28 2005, 9:03 AM]Leandre Griffit is the shit.

I had him on laon for Lincoln, and he terrorised the defences, and got at least an 8 in all his matches, often 9 or 10.

I bought him for my Leicester team too, and he did the business in the Championship, and ain't doing to badly in the Premiership either.

99891[/snapback]

I have loads of face packs downloaded, you can get them from SortItOutSI.net :)

20th August 2005 - League One

Luton Town 1-0 Brighton & Hove Albion

A tight game against promotion rivals Brighton but a Sol Davis free kick early in the second half was enough to win it, we defended very well to keep Brighton out and claim our first three points of the season.

24th August 2005 - Carling Cup 1st Round

Swindon Town 4-0 Luton Town

An awful display from us against Championship Swindon, we got hammered through out and looked out of our depth. At least we can concentrate on the league now :rolleyes:

29th August 2005 - League One

Doncaster Rovers 0-2 Luton Town

Goals from Garry Brady and Junior gave us our second league win in a row and showed we could bounce back from the midweek Carling Cup thrashing. We played very well and defensively we looked very solid with Sol Davis and Clint Hill looking particularly brilliant.

10th September 2005 - League One

Luton Town 5-1 Peterborough United

After a two week break we came back and thumped the Posh. Leandre Giffit and Kenny Deuchar both scored crackers in the first half and in the second half Ahmet Brkovic and David Bellion followed suit by scoring great goals, Bellion grabbed two goals. It was one of the best performances since I've been manager and it takes us up to 6th in the league.

17th September 2005 - League One

Stockport County 1-1 Luton Town

An 83rd David Bellion equalizer gave us a point at Edgeley Park. Sir Les Ferdinand scored the opener with a good header but we pushed forward in the last ten minutes and got what we deserved.

24th September 2005 - League One

Luton Town 0-1 Crewe Alexandra

A Lee Bull 9th minute goal proved to be all that was need to win the game for Crewe. We had plenty of posession and should of given Crewe more of a game especially infront of our own fans.

27th September 2005 - LDV Vans Trophy South 1st Round

Bristol City 1-0 Luton Town

We were kocked out of the Vans Trophy by Bristol City without really putting up a challenge, we created little and never really got into second gear. We have now been knocked out of both the Carling Cup and LDV Vans Trophy in the first round. We now face Bristol City again in the league on Saturday

1st October 2005 - League One

Bristol City 1-1 Luton Town

We quite simply should of won. We played far better, had more possesion and had more chances but after we scored in the 16th minute through Clint Hill we sat back too much a great goal by Steve Brooker in the 66th minute got Bristol City back into the game. We are now 10th in the league.

,Apr 28 2005, 9:03 AM]Leandre Griffit is the shit.

99891[/snapback]

I have loads of face packs downloaded, you can get them from SortItOutSI.net :)

100131[/snapback]

Cheers me dears, just downloaded a bunch :thumbup:

15th October 2005 - League One

Luton Town 1-0 Millwall

A superb victory against our fellow promotion favourites. It was a steady performance from us that eventually lead to a 59th minute Leandre Griffit goal that proved to be the winner in what is a big victory for us.

19th October 2005 - League One

Boston United 0-2 Luton Town

Junior and Kenny Deuchar scored our goals in a good away performance at York Street. This result puts us 7th in the league but lets hope its the beginnings of a great run.

22nd October 2005 - League One

Luton Town 0-1 Blackpool

Should of won but yet again we lose. Keigan Parkers goal in the 69th minute was the only time Blackpool really threatened but we just couldn't score for the life of us. It baffles me why we can't score, we have some great attacking players and play an attacking formation but we just can't see to get the ball in the back of net.

29th October 2005 - League One

Rushden & Diamonds 1-1 Luton Town

An even game but we only got an equalizer from Ashely Stevens 70th minute opener because we threw everyone forward and attacked as hard as we could. Junior eventually got our goal and earned us a point.

1st November 2005 - League One

Luton Town 1-1 Barnsley

Very similar to the Rushden game except this time we should of won. Barnsley took the lead after hal an hour from spot through Tommy Williams who was then sent off just after half time, We then pushed forward but it took us until stoppage time to get a goal when Kenny Deuchar fired in from close range. We are 8th in the league.

5th November 2005 - League One

Oxford United 0-0 Luton Town

How this game was 0-0 and how we didn't score or win I do not know. Oxford had 19 shots on goal while we had 21 but only hit the target four times :blink: We must improve.

12th November 2005 - FA Cup 1st Round

Brighton & Hove Albion 0-2 Luton Town

We progress to the 2nd round after a good display at the Withdean, David Bellion scored both goals. We will play Stockport away in the next round which will be shown on TV.

19th November 2005 - League One

Luton Town 1-1 Oldham Athletic

Guess what? We should of won :rolleyes: Junior put us ahead from the penalty spot after 30 minutes but a 74th minute Chris Killen goal gave Oldham a point.

22nd November 2005 - League One

Luton Town 2-0 Walsall

Eventually a game we should of won and that we actually do win. Junior and Kenny Deuchar score dour goals to defeat 10 man Walsall at Kenilworth Road.

26th November 2005 - League One

MK Dons 2-2 Luton Town

Yet another draw where we had the chances to win the game. After 21 minutes we were 2-0 but two goals from Kenny Deuchar made things even. We really need to start picking up some wins, we are 8th in the league currently.

4th December 2005 - FA Cup 2nd Round

Stockport County 0-2 Luton Town

A superb result and performance infront of the national TV cameras. Keith Keane and Kenny Deuchar got our goals in game that we performed to our best and we will face Conference side Nuneaton at home in the third round

10th December 2005 - League One

Luton Town 3-1 Colchester United

A stunning performance and we really showed what we are capable of. Kenny Deuchar opened the scoring and super sub Ahmet Brkovic came in to score a brace and win the man of the match award.

17th December 2005 - League One

Luton Town 0-1 Bournemouth

A disapointing performance where we had the chances to score but fluffed them all, Bournemouth did however defend very well.

21st December 2005 - League One

Bristol Rovers 2-4 Luton Town

A top quality display, one of our best of the season. We went 4-0 up after 25 mins with goals from Deuchar, Brkovic and two from Bellion. It was a brilliant performance Bellion and Brkovic stealing the show.

26th December 2005 - League One

Bradford City 3-4 Luton Town

Eight goals in two games for us and another great performance. Kenny Deuchar opened the scoring but that was quickly canceled out until Deuchar put us back ahead with 33 minutes gone, both sides then scored a goal just before half time to make it 3-2 going into the break. Sol Davis was sent off with 65 mins gone but we still stretched our lead with Junior making it 4-2, Bradford then got a conselation goal back.

28th December 2005 - League One

Luton Town 1-1 Hartlepool United

Should of really won once again but we looked very tired after a hectic month. Kenny Deuchar scored after 3 minutes, that his 12th goal in 19 games now.

Current League One Table

Current Player Stats and Figures

Good stuff Ricey - looks like you need a couple more wins on the spin to get into the playoffs though :unsure:

Deuchar looks class, Bellion doesn't have a great record though. How come you're not playing Kamark?

Good stuff Ricey - looks like you need a couple more wins on the spin to get into the playoffs though  :unsure:

Deuchar looks class, Bellion doesn't have a great record though. How come you're not playing Kamark?

101628[/snapback]

Bellion doesn't have a great record but he is capable of creating something out nothing and he offers movement up front.

Kamark was only intended as a back up as he is getting on a bit but when called upon he has done well.

1st January 2006 - Former Danish international Stig Tofting signs on free for the rest of the season. He should offer some defensive steel in our midfield.

1st January 2006 - League One

Luton Town 3-0 Tranmere Rovers

Great performance against 3rd placed Tranmere. Tranmere went down to 10 men in the first half and we took full advantaged with our goals from Kenny Deuchar, Clint Hill and Junior.

7th January 2006 - FA Cup 3rd Round

Luton Town 2-1 Nuneaton Borough

We progress to the fourth round with a uncomfortable win against conference side Nuneaton, Junior and Bellion got our goals. The non leaguers pushed us all the way and we had to battle hard to get through to the prestigous 4th round, we play Barnsley away in what is a winable tie in that 4th round.

11th January 2006 - League One

Brighton & Hove Albion 0-2 Luton Town

Despite being down to 10 men for more than two thirds of the match we still managed to comfortabley beat the Seagulls. Deuchar got the opner before his sending off and towards the end Brkovic wrapped things up.

14th January 2006 - League One

Chesterfield 4-1 Luton Town

A bad day at the office. Junior was sent off in the first half and it was downhill from there, Bellion got our conselation goal.

21st January 2006 - FA Cup 4th Round

Barnsley 0-0 Luton Town

Pushed as hard as we could but just couldn't get that crucial goal, we had plenty of chances but Barnsley had the better chances. Hopefully home advantage will prove vital in the replay.

1st January 2006 - Former Danish international Stig Tofting signs on free  for the rest of the season. He should offer some defensive steel in our midfield.

101696[/snapback]

Released from prison then? :o

Archived