Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Daniel

Leicester 0 West Ham 0

It is a maratrhon not a sprint

Well said. Come on lads some of you are already slaggin Micky and the lads off after just 1 game. West Ham will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. When we play them later on in the year, I would be happy with a point at there place. Lets get behind the boys and show our support.

In that heat, all we could hope for after the 18th minute was a draw.

Mickey was absolutely slated last season for subs for subs sake, I thought he called it right yesterday. When Brevett got sent off it was too late for us to push forward like the charge of the light brigade.

Connolly will become a legend here.

Tiatto will sort out the left side.

Those people who did not think that Scowy played well are wrong. Yes, a few of his flick ons missed their target but we were playing with one man up front remember. Some of his knock downs were class.

One game gone and some of you sound like complete moaners, get real please.

as has been said, 0-0 against our apparent main promotion rivals after going down to 10 men is a good result. A bit of an anti-climax maybe but I think we did all that we could after losing our main target man. Connolly had 4 defenders to deal with after that and he did all he could to try and score, but with 2 marking him and 2 covering he really had no chance.

Walker - 8/10 - Cracking double save from Harewood and then Sheringham, seemed to command his box well too and communicated well with the defense.

Makin - 7/10 - Solid in defense, good marking and jockying also seemed calm on the ball.

Wilcox - 4/10 - Didn't do anything to impress, marking was poor and he's plainly too slow to cope with any sort of fast winger. Suprised West Ham didn't try to exploit him more.

Heath - 6/10 - Looked defensively sound, even looked ok on the ball at times, taking on playes...oh my! He needs to work on his heading though,

Dabizas - 8/10 - Won most things in the air and marked superbly. When Harewood was in the box in a promosing situation for West Ham and Dabizas managed to push him out of the box, superb defending! Occasionally dodgy when trying to take people on! Still, my MOTM.

Scowcroft - 7/10 - After Dublin had gone off, any thing played long had to be played to him, and it was. Even though it was obvious where Walker's kicks were going, Scowy still won nearly all of them.

Stewart - 5/10 - Not good with the ball at his feet, needs to utilise his pace more when going forward. Looking more of a defender than winger in my eyes now. Hopefully he will work better with Tiatto when he comes back from suspension because with Wilcox we just seem to be asking for trouble.

Williams - 6/10 - Didn't really have much of a chance to show what he can do, didn't have much time on the ball at all. Never really got into the game.

Nalis - 7/10 - Did well, worked hard in 34 degree heat, good defensively, stopped a very promising West Ham attack in the first half in the area with a tackle. Distribution was occasionally crap but he looked fairly cool on the ball, unlucky with his shot that hit the bar in the first half.

Dublin - 4/10 - Did ok when he was on, but kicked Brevett and you can't do that, it is a red card offense, if someone from West Ham had done it we would have wanted them to get sent. Would have thought he would know better at 35, still seems to have that hot head nature.

Connolly 8/10 - Did all he could against 4, worked hard and showed a good turn of pace and quick feet. Two chances made himself in the second half, both spinning his defender onto his left....one leading to a cracking save, the other just fizzing wide. Looked by far the best of all the new boys.

Scowie - 9/10 - Had a great few comments to make, tidy site, the lad does well.

Macca - 9/10 - Man's a City playing legend

Mistress - 7/10 - Got to control his temperament

Petrescu - 9/10 - this youngster is setting the world alight

Cobbo - 9/10 - Great music taste

Foxes4Ever - 8/10 - Needs to get out the wheelchair to make a difference in this league

Ricey - 8/10 - Always consistent.

Louise - 7/10 - Lovely style....

Malf - 4/10 - gone missing

Tom - 7/10 - Quiet but effective..

HullFox - 9/10 - Looks quality

There - good effort all.

Foxes4Ever - 8/10 - Needs to get out the wheelchair to make a difference in this league

There - good effort all.

did i not get a rating for my down to earth post

There - good effort all.

did i not get a rating for my down to earth post

Super sub, like me.... :)

There - good effort all.

Your nemesis and I don't get a mention. :angry::unsure::huh::o As an aside, Dublin was the headline of the section which dealt with fizzy football in the Bangkok Post. :(:unsure: :w00t:

There - good effort all.

pfft no Teeno ;)

There - good effort all.

pfft no Teeno ;)

<_< Leaving a few out int he.

There - good effort all.

Your nemesis and I don't get a mention. :angry::unsure::huh::o As an aside, Dublin was the headline of the section which dealt with fizzy football in the Bangkok Post. :(:unsure: :w00t:

Deliberately left you on the bench....

Sorry Teeno, Rotherham and any others missed - I composed it too quickly..sorry chaps, no offence...London too, oh god, what have i done? :ph34r:

Guest Guest
londonfox aint bothered joining this forum! :( Shame, his views were similer to mine quite often ;)

He is in Chicago anyway. ;)

Cheers Alex. ;)

My ratings:

Walker - 7

Produced two excellent saves from Harewood. His kicking was very good too.

Makin - 8*

Man of the match IMO. Got forward well before the sending off, and again linked up well with Scowcroft. He defended extremely well against Etherington. Also helped cover the centrebacks when needed.

Dabizas - 7

Solid at the back. Tried to run the ball out of defence early on in the game and lost posession of the ball which nearly led to West Ham scoring. Still tends to handle strikers and give away too many free kicks.

Heath - 6

Generally solid, but concerns still remain over this positional sense and his distribution which puts us in dodgy situations. Saying that, he made some good blocks and tackles.

Stewart - 5

Shocking going forward when he was played left back at the start of the game. Couldn't go past players, and his crossing was dire. When he moved to left back, his defending was Ok, but he still let too many crosses in to our box by not closing down quick enough.

Scowcroft - 7

Had a good game yesterday. He had the unenviable task of trying to support Connolly and helping defend against Etherington. Before the sending off, he was linking up well with Makin down the right and looked sharp. He won almost everything in the air, although some of his headers were misdirected, but thats not surprising given that he had to win most headers against 2 players at times, and Connolly being outmarked.

Nalis - 7

Got around the pitch well and worked his socks off for the team. Struggled to keep up with West Ham's midfield at times, but he generally used the ball well when in posession.

Williams - 6

Showed some neat touches on the ball and looked good early on. Like Nalis, tended to struggle to keep up with West Ham's midfield.

Wilcox - 4

Simply awful, I think giving him 4/10 is being generous. Had no effect on the game whatsoever and offered us nothing down that left side. He kept giving the ball away cheaply, desperately lacked pace and his crossing was inept.

Connolly - 7

Had to battle by himself upfront with no support, but still caused West Ham problems. Demonstrated some good link up play with Dublin and Williams earlier on until the sending off. Unlucky with a few cracking efforts.

Dublin - 5

Looked sharp until the sending off, and linked up well with Connolly.

Subs:

Blake and Keown weren't really on long enough to make a comment on.

Guest Guest
What the **** are you on about guest?

No wonder you dont register making posts like that.

Where was he? I heard he was home sick?

International clearance. They best get it sorted or i'll be fuming. I heard on tv yesterday, some player had to be let go by some team who was live on sky cause he didnt receive his international clearance. WTF is that all about? Well Joey as played for two other teams in England in the last few years and he's a regular for Iceland, so i cant see the problem..

Guest Guest
International clearance. They best get it sorted or i'll be fuming. I heard on tv yesterday, some player had to be let go by some team who was live on sky cause he didnt receive his international clearance. WTF is that all about? Well Joey as played for two other teams in England in the last few years and he's a regular for Iceland, so i cant see the problem..

That's what I heard might be happening with him, shocking isn't it? I bet that's why they've signed Gemmill.

Archived