Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Daniel

Leicester 0 West Ham 0

Guest Daniel
Scowcrofts heading today was shite, we all know thats all he has to offer aswell. He was rubbish today.

Im sorry but what a ****ing shit comment.

Just been lsitening on century, he won something like 29 hearders all game out fo 32.

They were saying how well he was heading.

You obviously didnt go and if you didnt, you should try watching the match.

How did you want us to play?

Gung Ho after Dublin had been sent off?

Push Scowcroft up front and allow West Ham to attack us down the wings putting crosses in the box which Sherringham and Harewood love, to give them more chances at goal instead of the few they had?

Have a word with yourself! ;)

Scowcrofts heading today was shite, we all know thats all he has to offer aswell. He was rubbish today.Stewart and Wilcox should not be playing I've said that time and time again. I was satisfied with the result though. Williams, Connolly and Nalis were superb.

Talking some shit there mate. Williams wasn't anything special at all, average at best, and Scowcroft played pretty well, he won everything in the air.

Wilcox & Stewart were shit though yeah.

Push Scowcroft up front and allow West Ham to attack us down the wings putting crosses in the box which Sherringham and Harewood love, to give them more chances at goal instead of the few they had?

Have a word with yourself!  ;)

We could of brought Blake on. Would of been much better. It was a terrible match we had a few good chances thats it.

leicester started well until the sending off and that spoilt the game as a spectacle if dublin had stayed on we would have won i feel and if west ham are one of the favourites to go up i think we have nothing to fear they were average at best and couldn't break us down!!!

Have a word with yourself!  ;)

We could of brought Blake on. Would of been much better. It was a terrible match we had a few good chances thats it.

I agree!

I thought Blake should have been brought on after Brevett was sent off.

Also I didn't see the need to bring Keown on for Heath. :huh:

But that doesn't mean that the team didn't play well does it?

Just hope that Dublins red card gets scrubbed! :(

leicester started well until the sending off and that spoilt the game as a spectacle if dublin had stayed on we would have won i feel and if west ham are one of the favourites to go up i think we have nothing to fear they were average at best and couldn't break us down!!!

I also agree! ;)

lets jsut see this game as a non-contest. after dublin got sent off i would have seen a draw as a good result. when gudjohnson is fit this will give williams more freedom. lets look ahead to the derby game.

that is where the season now starts for real. lets get 3 points, and score 4 goals in 12 minutes!

I'm not disapointed today to get a point against West Ham having been down to 10 men. However...

Ten men or not we could of won the game if we pushed forward abit more. After the sending off we left Connolly upfront on his own against 4 defenders, was never going to work. We went all defensive but I just think if we took of Wilcox who was awful and brought on blake or Gillespie (moving Scowy upfront) it would of been better because Rebrov was doing nothing down the right wing. Even after the Brevett was sent off we didn't push forward.

The thing that annoyed me most was why didn't he bring on a sub earlier?! We were clearly not creating owt since Dublin went, we were playing poor and West Ham were breaking our defence with relative ease. Also with the heat the players were getting tired. So why did he wait till the 88th minute to bring on a sub and when he did that it was a defender! It was 10 v 10 and we are the better side, why not ****ing attack!

Another Micky thing that baffled me was why start with Stewart left wing and Wilcox left back which worked well because Jordan ran at them and Wilcoz can't kick a ball to save his life so he is better left back, then he swapped then round! This failed miserably.

Dublin should NEVER of been sent off, it was ridiculous. The ref was appauling, he gave everything to West Ham, missed obvious desicions, saw things no one else saw and never used his linesman. Welcome to the football league!

However for the first 15 mins we looked dangerous so there is hope and this was against a good side.

RATINGS

Walker - 7 Wasn't called in to action much but when he did he ws superb and brave, made a great save.

Wilcox - 5 Very bad game, he really is poor on the ball. He reads the game well but is bad in either position on the left.

Dabizas - 7 Thought Nikos did well and looked solid, he cocked up a little bit now and again but made up for it with some great challenges.

Heath - 7 Look alot more solid and composed but he doesn't close people down quick enough

Makin - 6 Looked good at some points and awful others. Made some good tackles but also hoofed it out for a throw often.

Stewart - 6 Did well left wing because he took players on but looked dodgy at left back.

Williams - 6 Wasn't that impressed by him at all, he did ok but never made his mark on the game. He needs to improve if he wants to stay in the side.

Nalis - 7 Now you have to accept with Lil that he will give the ball away now and again because he is creative and looks for the best balls. However he makes things happen and he did that today, he got very tired in the second half though.

Scowcroft - 6 Wasn't too bad but his heading was not very accurate at all today, he isn't a right winger but everyone except Micky knows that.

Connolly - 8 Played very well considering he was on his own against a back 4. Had good shots out of nothing and looks like a goal machine.

Dublin - 7 Looked good before he was wrongly sent off, he held the ball up and created oppertunitys for Connolly.

Bring on the Rams, we have to win IMO.

Game started off well but after the sending off it had draw written all over it. In the end I was happy with a draw, even though West Ham didn't really look like scoring - especially 2nd half. I thought we were excellent 2nd half.

Connolly had a great game, had a few shots on goal and worked very hard, could've scored. He's a lot like Dickov with more quality - he made chances outa nothing and ran with the ball a bit more.

Nalis impressed me - he's improved loads since last year. His tackling is getting better and he actually get's stuck in now.

I though it midfield we could've done with being more defensive but hey, we drew and didn't conceed.

Walker made a top save, didn't really have much else to do. Makin looked good.

Stewart when he's good is great, when he's bad well he might as well not be on the pitch. Today he and Wilcox swapped around in the first half, and he ended up playing left back which ain't a good position for him - I like to see him further up pitch.

All in all I was pleased today. West Ham are a good side and we never looked like folding and they didn't really look all that.

:)

Come on guys lets find the positives about the game. 1 point against West Ham isn't really that bad to be honest is it??? Yes the referees do want there glory these days and today was no exception. It was right infront of me and Dublin just kicked out at Brevett and ref was looking straight at him. Dion should no better than that but he'll learn from that and hopefully it won't happen again.

As for Connolly, well I have only seen him once (today) and I already love the bloke! He is going to be proper class this year. Why were the West Ham fans singing 'You bought Dave Connolly' when he was better than both of there two strikers in which they signed over the summer.

I was impressed by Heath and Dabizas, strong as a rock I thought apart from a couple of slices. Makin played alright. Stewart wasn't all there once again today. I think that the crowd like getting on his back for some reason. For etc... today the ball was flyer through air quite quickly and all he could do was try and bring it down and lay it off. He brought it down not to well and half sliced the kick whilist Rebrov was closing in on him. IMO not his fault, shit lay off.

Scowy did alright today. He won alot of headers but didn't really threaten. Williams impressed me, nice little touches and lay-offs with conno and likes to makes run through middle of park. Nalis made a couple of good tackles unlucky not to score when hit the bar, but final ball isn't always there. Wilcox looks like the new Guppy to me, bit fairy and not darey.

Over I would of taken a point before the match but, if we had 11 men on field we could of won that 2-0 easy. That weren't all that.

Connolly was brilliant today, for being up front on his own vertually all game he did an outstanding job. So much better than Dickov, plus he dont piss me off.. yet :rolleyes:

Dublin kicked out at Brevett so just for that its a yellow, then he went up to him so it could go either way, unfortunately he got sent off. He's an experienced player, experience means nothing when you cant handle the slightest of things, it was nothing he had no reason to do what he did.

Wilcox was shocking. Scowcroft was shite, anyone who says thats a good performance from him today well that sums him up then. He did nothing i can remember.

I shouldnt of got my hopes up, and i certainly wont be doing for Derby now <_<

The substitutes bench was embarrassing.

And he brought two on seperately, indicating he wanted a draw ever since the 15th minute. Told you Tommy Wright wouldnt be on the bench, and just think, when Dublins suspended, it'll be Benjamin on the bench and Blake playing instead. Cant ****ing wait.

And he brought two on seperately, indicating he wanted a draw ever since the 15th minute. Told you Tommy Wright wouldnt be on the bench, and just think, when Dublins suspended, it'll be Benjamin on the bench and Blake playing instead. Cant ****ing wait.

blake and benjamin are proven in this league, and are in my eyes more likely to score for us. didnt benjamin score 4 in pre-season?

why dont you look for the good of the team wright-lover.

wright will get his chance and it will be upto him to take it.

this wright thing is getting a bit embarrising , why does he come in to the debate ,he wasnt even in the squad ......other thing is why are there so many bloody moaners on the site . somebody earlier said that blake should have been brought on after dublin was sent off , football logic says you cant do that the midfield would have just been overrun .as it was we dug in against a good championship side , dublin was silly but im sure micky will dock him a weeks wages , the card wont be resinded dud to a kick out which is an automatic red card

I think people need to chill out. Hot, 10 men, cr@p ref, good opposition, etc so 0-0 not too bad.

To put things into perspective. I saw to Leeds Derby game on Sky and they were both utter shite. Had not heard of half the players and both teams looked very poor. We will get better and will be in the top 3 at Christmas.

Keep the faith B)

Walker - 8/10 - Almost tempted to give him MOTM for that very brave save he made, other than that he didn't have much to do... was trying to find different ways to work with goal-kicks etc rather than just putting them straight into the opposition box, but once we were down to 10 men that went out the window.

Makin - 7/10 - impressed me more than the last time I saw him, will be a constant in our defence I expect... but next time Micky put him at LB and Canero at RB because...

Wilcox - 3/10 - awful again, ball watches, can't defend to safe his life... can't even remember him crossing the ball in really... only trying to pass it through midfield a few times and failing always...

Heath - 7/10 - impressed me really after his performance last weekend, makes a good partnership with Dabizas and really seemed to do all his defensive duties well.... still can't go forward well though.

Dabizas - 8/10 - in top form again, not much to say other than that... won every ball in the air and connects well with midfield.

Stewart - 6/10 - Didn't think he was as bad as everyone seems to think... would do better if he had a better player to link up with... put in a few good long crosses

Williams - 6/10 - not very good corners or free kicks, but that's probably because the person all those were geared around was sent off. I was impressed by his general play, seemed to use his body well to win the ball and is nicely attacking minded... however he got in position to make a shot a few times and just left it that second too long...

Nalis - 7/10 - good tackling, good heading, good at hooking the ball over players and getting us out of trouble, great shot in the first half, slowed towards the end though.

Scowcroft - 7/10 - won everything in the air but doesn't seem to have the linkup play with Connolly off yet as it was with Dickov, was fast (seriously!) and generally impressive... but he still drifts in too much and leaves the wing exposed.

Connolly - 9/10 - MOTM, worked very hard with little reward... but his goals will come... linked up well with most of midfield and kept busy for the whole match... went on quite a few runs through their defence but had no-one to pass to at the end of them.

Dublin - 5/10 - was hardly on long enough to grade his performance, but it was promising, winning aerial balls and holding the ball up to flick on to Connolly when he was in a good position.

Subs:

Keown - 6/10 - it's so low because he wasn't really on long enough to grade, but he looked good, got every ball that came his way and marked well.

Blake - can't comment, wasn't on long enough.

ETA: I thought it was an alright performance, but we can't really judge any of the players on it too much because of the 10 man situation, I think if Dion had stayed on we would have won it, because we pretty much matched them for most of the game (though we sat back a bit after the sending off)...if this is the best this division has to offer then we're going to have some good games ahead....I hope :ph34r:

Scowcroft - 7/10 - won everything in the air but doesn't seem to have the linkup play with Connolly off yet as it was with Dickov, was fast (seriously!) and generally impressive... but he still drifts in too much and leaves the wing exposed.

To be fair to him he must have been told by Adams to drift inside a lot more after Dublin had been sent off to help win stuff in the air. Even with him playing half the game in the middle the right hand side wasn't as exposed as the left with Stewart & Wilcox!

Wilcox was shocking. Scowcroft was shite, anyone who says thats a good performance from him today well that sums him up then. He did nothing i can remember.

Now Scowcroft won everything in the air and tracked back well i thought he was our third best player.

Makin was superb defensively as he kept their best player quiet

Stewart plasyed well even at leftr back there was nothing wrong with his play

now, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but how can you say we were not good today we were absolutely rock solid defensively and connolly played well on his own the sending off was harsh but it was by the rule book and Dion should know better. You have got to remeber it was the 1st game of the season and it was 91 degrees fahrenheit pitch side if that is not difficult to play in what is.

Connolly played out of his skin, it pisses me off that you think we can beat everyone and we should have won but IMOP WEst Ham and us will be fighting it out at the end of the season. People should calm down because we have to remember that Leeds are crap defensively and beat an equally bad Derby. We will go there and give them a game wednesday night.

It is a maratrhon not a sprint

Archived