Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nugent

Ps3 & Xbox 360

I am thinking of buying one of these in a couple of months, the question is though, which one.

The Ps3 is more expensive, but as I have wireless internet I will probably have to splash out an extra £90 for the wireless bridge and a live subscription for the Xbox.

Could people give me the Pros and Cons of whichever you have and give me a recomendation.

Thanks. :)

XBOX 360:

Cheaper,

XBOX Live.

But,

Have to pay for live,

I personally think compared to a PS3 they are loud,

No web broswer,

No Blu Ray player,

Everyone I know with a 360, has had the ring of death, at least once.

PS3:

Web Browser,

Playstation Network is free,

Blu Ray player,

Bluetooth for devices,

Built in wireless.

But,

PSN isn't as good as XBOX Live,

More expensive.

That is my opinion anyway.

XBOX 360:

Cheaper,

XBOX Live.

But,

Have to pay for live,

No web broswer,

No Blu Ray player,

PS3:

Web Browser,

Blu Ray player,

Bluetooth for devices,

Built in wireless.

But,

More expensive.

Cheers for that :thumbup:

Xbox 360 would be great if there lifespan was longer. Mine ruins disks, has disk read errors, downloads every arcade game demo 4 sum strange reason. But i plan to get an elite because i got my current 360 6 months after launch and it can sound like a grinder at times but i love it n will neva buy a wii or ps3. Gamerscore is very important to me even though i dont plan to get 1000/1000 on each game its nice to have that little something to work towards

XBOX 360:

Cheaper,

XBOX Live.

But,

Have to pay for live,

No web broswer,

No Blu Ray player,

PS3:

Web Browser,

Blu Ray player,

Bluetooth for devices,

Built in wireless.

But,

More expensive.

That's a pretty good summation. Check out that list, look at the qxclusive games for both and then make a decision. Job done.

360 Pro's:

-Cheaper, 360 Premium now comes with a 60 gig hard drive as standard, and at £160 quid off Amazon, its well worth it.

-Xbox Live - unparallelled on any other console to date.

-Friends network - What do you friends have? I know 2 people with a PS3, most of my friends have a 360.

-Do not read into the failure rate/RRoD of these anymore, i've had mine for nearly 9 months now, and its never even froze. Nor has it chewed any disks up. If you buy a 2008 model, you will not have these problems. As long as it has room to breathe, i.e is not cooped up in some little hole where heat cannot dissipate, you will have no problems, i gurantee. Of all my friends, not one has had the RRoD.

-Exclusive games. 360 has Gears of War 2 coming in November, as well as obviously Halo, 2 of the biggest games on the planet.

-Dasboard. The 360 interface is brilliant. Microsoft are also bringing out a Dasboard update soon, and if it betters the current dashboard, then it will be perfect.

-Media Centre - you can stream movies, listen to music all off a laptop or computer. This does require a wireless adapter though i think. I've never used it though.

Con's:

-Paying for Xbox live - But at the end of the day, you get what you pay for, and thats why Live is by far the best online service for any console. Besides, you can get Live for about 25 quid for a 13 month subscription on Ebay if you look - peanuts. Just over 2 quid a month, 50 pence a week for hours and hours of entertainment. If you were charged by the hour for Live, i would now be in HUGE debt lol

-No built in wireless. Contrary to popular belief though, a wireless adapter is not essential. I've got my 360 hooked up to my router via ethernet cable. A wired connection also gives you a far more stable and reliable connection.

-Noise. 360's at times are slightly noisy - nothing ridiculous and you dont notice it at all after a while, but if you'd just got one, you would. But every time they upgrade it, they get quieter.

PS3 Pro's:

-Aesthetically pleasing. I'm no fanboy, i can give you an honest assessment and say the PS3 looks nice.

-Blu-Ray player. Although i doubt 90% of PS3 owners even own any Blu Ray DVD's, its a good addition, one more for the future, and Blu Ray DVD prices are a joke.

-Built in wireless.

Web browser - though personally, i would never use this anyway. I understand trying to get the whole 'one machine to do everything' but it doesnt appeal to me. A computer/laptop is for browsing the net.

-Home. Massive hype, it's got a lot to live up to, i hope it does and i think it will.

-Wireless Connectivity - connecting PSP etc sounds interesting.

-Hardware - should be superior to the 360's. Although at the minute the 360s graphics on multi format games are supposed to be better, once the developers and programmers properly get used to the PS3's hardware, it should be better than the 360's.

-PS3 also has exclusives, namely Metal Gear Solid 4.

Con's:

-PSN. It's just not as goos as Live. Simple as. As i said, you get what you pay for, and i think the harcore PS3 gamers, who know what they're talking about would say that they'd rather pay (like Live) for a much better service.

-Price. £100 difference for the console.

-As programmers/developers have had a longer period developing games for 360, at the minute the 360 looks better. PS3 is just starting to overtake though from what i've seen, heard and read.

So, to sum up, they both have their Pro's and Con's.

What i would say is that if you are an online gamer, and have a number of friends who have 360's, go for the 360. It's the ultimate GAMES console.

If you are more of an offline gamer, who likes the way games look, likes the gadgets, and you're interested in film (i.e Blu-Ray), and have some extra cash, go for the PS3.

Just to add, when i have some extra cash, i am eventually going to get a PS3, and i'll use both. I have no allegiances, i've had a Sega System, Sega Saturn, PS1 and PS2 (which would actually suggest i should be a PS3 fanboy if anything), and loved them all. But online gaming on Consoles is the way things are going in my opinion, and without doubt the 360 currently is the best at that.

I hope that helped.

360 Pro's:

-Cheaper, 360 Premium now comes with a 60 gig hard drive as standard, and at £160 quid off Amazon, its well worth it.

-Friends network - What do you friends have? I know 2 people with a PS3, most of my friends have a 360.

-Do not read into the failure rate/RRoD of these anymore, i've had mine for nearly 9 months now, and its never even froze. Nor has it chewed any disks up. If you buy a 2008 model, you will not have these problems. As long as it has room to breathe, i.e is not cooped up in some little hole where heat cannot dissipate, you will have no problems, i gurantee. Of all my friends, not one has had the RRoD.

-Exclusive games. 360 has Gears of War 2 coming in November, as well as obviously Halo, 2 of the biggest games on the planet.

-Dasboard. The 360 interface is brilliant. Microsoft are also bringing out a Dasboard update soon, and if it betters the current dashboard, then it will be perfect.

-Media Centre - you can stream movies, listen to music all off a laptop or computer. This does require a wireless adapter though i think. I've never used it though.

Con's:

-Paying for Xbox live - But at the end of the day, you get what you pay for, and thats why Live is by far the best online service for any console. Besides, you can get Live for about 25 quid for a 13 month subscription on Ebay if you look - peanuts. Just over 2 quid a month, 50 pence a week for hours and hours of entertainment. If you were charged by the hour for Live, i would now be in HUGE debt lol

-No built in wireless. Contrary to popular belief though, a wireless adapter is not essential. I've got my 360 hooked up to my router via ethernet cable. A wired connection also gives you a far more stable and reliable connection.

-Noise. 360's at times are slightly noisy - nothing ridiculous and you dont notice it at all after a while, but if you'd just got one, you would. But every time they upgrade it, they get quieter.

PS3 Pro's:

-Aesthetically pleasing. I'm no fanboy, i can give you an honest assessment and say the PS3 looks nice.

-Blu-Ray player. Although i doubt 90% of PS3 owners even own any Blu Ray DVD's, its a good addition, one more for the future, and Blu Ray DVD prices are a joke.

-Built in wireless.

Web browser - though personally, i would never use this anyway. I understand trying to get the whole 'one machine to do everything' but it doesnt appeal to me. A computer/laptop is for browsing the net.

-Home. Massive hype, it's got a lot to live up to, i hope it does and i think it will.

-Hardware - should be superior to the 360's. Although at the minute the 360s graphics on multi format games are supposed to be better, once the developers and programmers properly get used to the PS3's hardware, it should be better than the 360's.

Con's:

-PSN. It's just not as goos as Live. Simple as. As i said, you get what you pay for, and i think the harcore PS3 gamers, who know what they're talking about would say that they'd rather pay (like Live) for a much better service.

-As programmers/developers have had a longer period developing games for 360, at the minute the 360 looks better. PS3 is just starting to overtake though from what i've seen, heard and read.

What i would say is that if you are an online gamer, and have a number of friends who have 360's, go for the 360. It's the ultimate GAMES console.

If you are more of an offline gamer, who likes the way games look, likes the gadgets, and you're interested in film (i.e Blu-Ray), and have some extra cash, go for the PS3.

Just to add, when i have some extra cash, i am eventually going to get a PS3, and i'll use both. I have no allegiances, i've had a Sega System, Sega Saturn, PS1 and PS2 (which would actually suggest i should be a PS3 fanboy if anything), and loved them all. But online gaming on Consoles is the way things are going in my opinion, and without doubt the 360 currently is the best at that.

I hope that helped.

Bloody hell, good effort.

Xbox 360 would be great if there lifespan was longer. Mine ruins disks, has disk read errors, downloads every arcade game demo 4 sum strange reason. But i plan to get an elite because i got my current 360 6 months after launch and it can sound like a grinder at times but i love it n will neva buy a wii or ps3. Gamerscore is very important to me even though i dont plan to get 1000/1000 on each game its nice to have that little something to work towards

This is because u have something selected on the dashboard - cant remember exactly which one but its the one with 'games library' on it!

:thumbup:

What the hell is the ring of death?

It's where the console overheats, connectors become lose due to melting, something like that, and the console indicates this by on the green light ring on the front of the console, 3 of the lights will be red.

This is because u have something selected on the dashboard - cant remember exactly which one but its the one with 'games library' on it!

:thumbup:

He has automatic downloads on, turn it off.

I've just noticed that. Cheap as chips. Might get one when the new Pro Evo comes out...

It is extremely cheap. A bargain i'd say.

360 Pro's:

Con's:

PS3 Pro's:

-Built in wireless.

Con's:

I hope that helped.

Thanks alot :)

Archived