Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Miquel The Work Geordie

Gears of War 2

Really, REALLY getting into this now. I told myself I had to complete Dead Space before I really got stuck into Gears 2, but I can't help myself, it really is fantastic. As Milktray has said, the story really draws you in fantastically well, I think I'm on about chapter 4, playing it thru straight away on hardcore (cos I'm 'ardcore like), and wow. Awesome. Can't wait to see how it pans out.

Overall, Gears2>CoD:waw

All I will say is - oh my goodness. This game is absolutely fcking incredible. I've now completed the first 4 acts on hardcore, and I've just stopped because I really don't want it to end. It is brilliant.

People talked about the lack of a story in the first Gears - not any more. Its really been fleshed out in Gears 2. People said the story was too short - this one feels so much longer. Maybe its because I've enjoyed it so much, I don't know. I feel for PS3 owners to be missing out on this one.

Overall, imo, this is the best game of all time. Story, the capaign mode is amazing, and the online play is second probably only to CoD (some would argue otherwise). 11/10.

One of the biggest compliments I can pay Gears 2 is that since I've had it, I've not touched Dead Space. And I love that game

Game of the year. Nay - game of the decade.

Just ordered it for a fiver.

I won't play it till I've finished Fallout 3 and Farcry 2 though.

Oh and then there's Fable 2 and Dead Space which I have ready.....

Does this explain why your not on here as often as you used to? :thumbup:

Does anyone fancy playing some horde at some point in the future? I would quite like to get past the 10th wave and actually have a full squad. Seems like everyone just buggers off after a while, so do we have 4 volounteers? I know a few from here have it.

Some day, one day, I will get Live. :thumbup:

• 5 weeks later...

Finally got this in my 360 now my brother's back for Crimbo.

Up until then I'd only played a small part of the story and alot of Horde.

Having now completed it, all I can saw is "wow". What a story, what graphics, what gamplay. The set-pieces are all beautiful, and the cut-scenes are stunning. Up there with Devil May Cry and Metal Gear in terms of watchability. The moment where Dom has to kill his wife is probably the most "powerful" ( :unsure: ) thing I've ever seen in a game, it's just so engrossing.

Fucking brilliant.

Finally got this in my 360 now my brother's back for Crimbo.

Up until then I'd only played a small part of the story and alot of Horde.

Having now completed it, all I can saw is "wow". What a story, what graphics, what gamplay. The set-pieces are all beautiful, and the cut-scenes are stunning. Up there with Devil May Cry and Metal Gear in terms of watchability. The moment where Dom has to kill his wife is probably the most "powerful" ( :unsure: ) thing I've ever seen in a game, it's just so engrossing.

Fucking brilliant.

Spoilers mate, for people who havent played the story.

Anyone wants to get some Horde mode in in private games let me know as I'm getting fed up with the public ones, for one you have to start from 1 every time, you don't get to choose the map, you can't stick it on casual, and 50% of people leave after 10 waves

1.Manwell

Available Monday Tuesday evening, early weds evening before going out on the piss, Xmas day till about 5, Boxing day from about 12, the Saturday all day and night (at the moment someting will more than likely come up) and Sunday actually no football to worry about!

Because im shit and havent completed it yet, Nihats spoiled it for me.

Thanks.

If you haven't completed it yet I apologise, but you should've really. I blasted throught the story after a few sessions Friday night / Saturday night.

Anyone wants to get some Horde mode in in private games let me know as I'm getting fed up with the public ones, for one you have to start from 1 every time, you don't get to choose the map, you can't stick it on casual, and 50% of people leave after 10 waves

1.Manwell

Available Monday Tuesday evening, early weds evening before going out on the piss, Xmas day till about 5, Boxing day from about 12, the Saturday all day and night (at the moment someting will more than likely come up) and Sunday actually no football to worry about!

Hopefully my brother will be getting all the stuff set up for Live, when he does, I'll post in here and let you know. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

1.Manwell

Come on!! can't get past 37 on public because their all shit and the difficulty is stuck on Normal!! :crylaugh:

Come on!! can't get past 37 on public because their all shit and the difficulty is stuck on Normal!! :crylaugh:

I was always told that the standards for Gears 1 online were unreal.

But that is poor form from the public.

Me and my 14 (14!) year old brother can beast through Horde at a better rate than that.

I was always told that the standards for Gears 1 online were unreal.

But that is poor form from the public.

Me and my 14 (14!) year old brother can beast through Horde at a better rate than that.

Nah as a general rule, only complete nobbers who aren't good enough to play Warzone etc play Horde mode.

Which is unfortunate.

Archived