Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SystonFox

Xbox Update

anybody heard much about this new update?

i know 100% they are doing "avatars" in the style of Mii's which imo is a poor rip off and microsoft shouldnt go down this route.

i have heard rumours that in this update that from now on you can just burn a game to your HDD so instead of spending 40 odd dollars on a game your mate can buy it, you can buy a 120GB HDD and burn all his games, bargain if true but a bad move for gaming business don't you agree?

opinions please.

i know 100% they are doing "avatars" in the style of Mii's which imo is a poor rip off and microsoft shouldnt go down this route.

i have heard rumours that in this update that from now on you can just burn a game to your HDD so instead of spending 40 odd dollars on a game your mate can buy it, you can buy a 120GB HDD and burn all his games, bargain if true but a bad move for gaming business don't you agree?

opinions please.

The game still has to be in the drive i'm afraid old chum.

It just means you can play in near silence without a disc grinding.

opinions please.

I agree with you, I don't like the idea of avatars particularly, but apparently its something. Microsoft have been thinking about for years, before the Wii came out, so hopefully it'l be a lot better than the Wii's Mii's. And I've no doubt it will be.

And the saving games thing is cool, as long as thyre not stupidly big. I can't wait to see how it works out.

Why do you care anyway Syston? Ain't you PS3?

on the new update you can rent out DVD's by signing up to a rental service. They have a partnership with one of those businesses where you sign up and order them through the post, but when the update comes out, if you have a membership you can stream straight over xbox live from the businesses film catalogue

Its really, really nice looking. I loved the old dash, but this is fresher, and just looks really good. Its like a combination of the PS3's interface, the Wii's avatars and the old 360 dash. And the avatars are infinitely better than the Wii's Mii's.

Overall fantastic. I didnt really want to change the dash, but it really looks excellent.

Archived